Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: Chillingo He-Man video game for iPad, iPhone & Android!- No longer available

Heroic Warrior
    The disappearance from App stores would be a good WTFWTK question:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...questions-here!

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Can I still get this game from anywhere that is safe? I'm leery of some of the places online. Any help would be great!
    Unfortunately, the only truly safe place would be from your purchase history. It's still there for sure, but nowhere else can it be bought.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Unfortunately, the only truly safe place would be from your purchase history. It's still there for sure, but nowhere else can it be bought.
    Never bought it. Oh well....
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

I thought this game was quite fun, and some of the things Skeletor said that broke the 4th wall were hilarious. It was even cooler when She-Ra was added, and the temporary armor you could get in the spin challenge.

Would've been sweet to get a couple more characters like Man At Arms, Stratos, and others...

~TF~

Heroic Warrior
    So what happened to the most powerful game in the universe?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by teela-n View Post
    So what happened to the most powerful game in the universe?
    No one has heard an answer on this, but speculation suggests something happened with the license expiring perhaps. If you bought the game before it was taken down from the app store, you can always re-download it again (like myself)

You will have to ask Mattel in a WTFWTK here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...questions-here!

And/or e-mail the developer Glitchsoft and the publisher Chillingo (owned by EA)

Does anybody know how to backup and restore the app data for this game on Android? I need to reset my phone and don't want to loose all the levels and lore I've unlocked.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Chewer of Trollans

He-Man Platformer Gone?

It appears that the side-scrolling He-Man and She-Ra platform game is gone from the Google store. Am I just missing it? Weird title? Is it gone from the Apple store too.

Heroic Warrior
    Unfortunately yes it is gone. Luckily I still have access to the app via my iTunes past purchases. Not sure why it was pulled from the various app stores though. I think the .apk might be available for download out there somewhere though. Maybe give Google a look and see. Good luck!

Heroic Warrior
    It's been gone from the Apple Store for over 2 years now. I think it may have had something to do with expiration of publishing rights. The publisher is Chillingo which EA bought in 2010.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    It's been gone from the Apple Store for over 2 years now. I think it may have had something to do with expiration of publishing rights. The publisher is Chillingo which EA bought in 2010.
    That's most likely the case. When a company makes a video game (whether it be for a console, PC, or smart phone) based on an IP that they are licensing from the owner of said IP, that license is for a limited time. Once that license ends, they can no longer make/sell new copies of the game unless they renew the license. More often than not it isn't worth them renewing the license as they aren't likely to sell enough additional copies of the game to make the cost worth while. A gray area might be if the company in question wants to make a sequel, and renewing the license allows them to also rerelease the previous title(s) (for example, Capcom had to stop making/selling Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a few years ago when their license with Marvel ended, but they recently renewed with Marvel because they have a new MvsC sequel coming out later this year. And as part of that deal, they were able to start selling Ultimate MvsC 3 again - it has been released as a download title on PS4, and will be coming to Xbox One later).

This isn't quite as big of an issue for console games that are released on physical discs since stores can still sell any remaining stock that they have, and used copies will be available. Of course if there is any major content that is released as a paid downloadable add-on, that can no longer be purchased once it's delisted (i.e. Marvel vs Capcom 3 had two dlc characters that weren't available to purchase when the license originally ended). In most cases, at least on game consoles, if you paid for any downloadable content back when it was available for sale (be it an add on or entire game), you can still redownload it if need be even after it can no longer be sold, but that's dependent on the respective store fronts maintaining that access to do so. I don't really play games on my smart phone (not a fan of using a touch screen for control), so I'm not sure how long phone games can typically be redownloaded after the fact. I was kind of interested in the MOTU game, but ultimately passed on it. If it had been a downloadable title for Playstation and/or Xbox that worked with a traditional controller, I would have been far more interested.

Heroic Warrior
    I can still re-download and play it on my iPhone to this day.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I had this on my ex-wife's tablet. It is not attainable at this point, unfortunately.

Does anyone know how to aquire it???

Considering you downloaded it in the past with the same account you have on the tablet:
    With iPhone and iPads you just go to appStore, Updates, Purchased, Not on this device and find it on the list.

Anyone know how to contact the maker of: He-man the most powerful game in the universe? It is no longer working for i-phone after the last update and was hoping someone on here might be able to point me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Anyone know how to contact the maker of: He-man the most powerful game in the universe? It is no longer working for i-phone after the last update and was hoping someone on here might be able to point me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance!
    There's a link to email them at the link below.

https://www.ea.com/studios/chillingo

I love this game! I was just playing it again a few days ago.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

It's too bad they stopped supporting it. This game was a ton of fun

I'm bummed I missed out on this game. I didn't have any smart devices back then. I think I'd have enjoyed this one more than Tappers.

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    I was just able to download it from my old purchases in the App Store, but only on my old iPad. Almost forgot how great it is! What a shame you can't get it anymore.