88 42.51%
  • C

2 0.97%
  • D

81 39.13%
  • E

18 8.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Version Of Crystal Castle In MOTUC?

I'd love a Filmation design, but in the clouds. SO basically just take the bottom of the vintage toy and put Filmation design on top of it. Looking at that last pic in Angel-T's post, I could totally see it as a giant castle. That crystal in the base could be recessed into a giant alcove, and then you could have a bunch of fabulous hallways and chambers in the rest of the castle. Of course as a toy version, it couldn't have a 1000 rooms, it would probably have just that one room with the crystal which is perfectly fine with me. I don't care if it looks like Light Hope's bedroom in a shape of a tiara, nothing wrong with that

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Option D for me. At least both groups will be happy, vintage and Filmations and I'm both.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

D; a combination of both. (I'd like Snake Mountain to do the same thing-Fright Zone too.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I picked a combo of A and B. I have very, very little faith we'll ever see this, but it would be cool at some point.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Filmation castle hands down.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Heroic Warrior
    Option D.

The vintage/Filmation combo is by far the best and surely 4H and Mattel will go this route if a new CC ever happens.

The golden tiara would probably be removable and
    stand on it's own making for the backdrop in transformation dios.

Option D! I'd like to see that beautiful golden Filmation tower as the top of a castle in the clouds.
    Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation version, or nothing !

A 4h version of the classic meshed with filmation would be some thing of greatness in my opinion, and IMO would be the best route to go!

Translucent Talent Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd like to see a combination of vintage/classic toy and Filmation version. That hybrid looks awesome!
    Secret Guardian & Spirit Guide

Visit my artworks gallery: http://queengrayskull.deviantart.com
    and my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/queengrayskull

My personal blog: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguardian
    Besides: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguide

Court Magician
    Filmation Crystal Castle for me!

Another option.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I voted for A. I tend to be in the minority on POP stuff. I wish everything to do with classics had followed the original toyline, but so far the fans and Scott want things to follow Filmation.

I think since I started collecting the toys long before I enjoyed the cartoons it makes me always vote vintage toyline over Filmation.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    The snake mountain version..

Powerful Amongst Women¡¡¡ she-manmasters's Avatar
    Oakland Park, Florida-USA Dual English-Spanish Latin América Tribal Division(Missing Located Pittsburgh, Pa/Los Angeles, California)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Here's an idea of what the hybrid might look like. Mattel could make the Filmation version detachable too. (Thanks to the folks at SWR for posting this pic)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96728379_n.jpg
    2014-04-13 10_05_53 Masters of the Universe Classics.jpg
    This is a nice Masters of the Universe Classics Crystal Castle Concept994100_10152093781794494_1389141794_n_zpsad1cb3a1.jpgNice Choice Also
    I choose option D a combination of option A the classic toy and option B filmation.548702_10151262220135325_696728379_n.jpg
    I think this combination is best because some people want one or the other, I think that it is a good Idea to make the Fimation part detachable.
    I think the Filmation Part should attach to the front of the Crystal Castle so that the Crystal Castle can still have that look when its open.
    I think the Crystal Castle should include a backdrop version of Light Hope.
    Last edited by she-manmasters; April 16, 2014 at 07:10am.
    Aquarius Birthday Numerology 2 HIGH PRIESTESS/PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS/QUEEN SHE-MAN Powerful Amongst Women Air/Universe SHE-BABY LATINA AMERICANA INDIA Queen Of Power Symbols Wise Shield Of Protection Power Rod Of Protection
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

Heroic Warrior
    I guess A would be my best vote!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    You know something? YES!!!! This would be the best most cost effective She-Ra dio/Playset and it would satisfy many fans, If the ground floor can have a bit more ceiling would be great though, so maybe She-Ra and friends can have meetings there, even though it wasn't done in the show like that.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

As much as I like this suggestion of yours NikeBoyRM, to me that's what the playset should have looked like back in the 80s...today, I just want the real deal Filmation Castle. It doesn't have to have anything happening on the inside or be "fictional" as a house the way the original was. Just having the real deal Castle in 3 dimensions would be enough.

With very little effort we can create a diorama of the interior with Light Hope's pool on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    As much as I like this suggestion of yours NikeBoyRM, to me that's what the playset should have looked like back in the 80s...today, I just want the real deal Filmation Castle. It doesn't have to have anything happening on the inside or be "fictional" as a house the way the original was. Just having the real deal Castle in 3 dimensions would be enough.

With very little effort we can create a diorama of the interior with Light Hope's pool on our own.
    Word. Straight up Filmation, and as tall of taller than Snake Mountain. They could basically make a hollow facade of the front and I'd be happy, since I think it would be a big strech to have enough fans support the price of a full on playset for this. It'll likely never happen either way, but I've said that about several things that were just revealed at SDCC, so never say never!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Oh, I would prefer it not be a facade - I want it to have a back and front!

...The Filmation Fright Zone playset can be a facade

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I voted D, a combination of vintage and Filmation, just like Snake Mountain is getting elements from both.

But I do NOT want the following kind of hybrid where the Filmation part is reduced to a mere smaller ornament on top that looks like a secondary afterthought:

548702_10151262220135325_696728379_n.jpg

I want the kind of hybrid where the Filmation side is given a similar size and prominence as the vintage side, as in the following almost perfect solution where each half of the clamshell pays due respect to one of the versions while the whole blends and looks stylistically consistent:

994100_10152093781794494_1389141794_n_zpsad1cb3a1.jpg
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Oh, I would prefer it not be a facade - I want it to have a back and front!

...The Filmation Fright Zone playset can be a facade
    I prefer it to not be a facade either, but it would be better than nothing at all. I would be overjoyed if their was enough support for a full on playset!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Well, I'd always go for the toy version, but looking at the picture Tallstar posted, I totally voted "D".

The problem with Filmation: They just totally screwed it (like with everything else...) and like with the Fright Zone, they just didn't get it and except the name, it had nothing to do with the toy or what it is/should be.

With their Crystal Castle, I never understood what it is/was: Is it just the top of something? Is it just a statue-thing? It doesnt't even look like a castle. Crystal Castle is supposed to be for She-Ra what Castle Grayskull is for He-Man (when I was little, my She-Ra even lived in that castle...but in Filmation it isn't even is a castle).

Well, when I saw the above picture Tallstar posted, I realized, that that Filmation-thing (whatever it was) could be beautifully worked into the toy design (somehow replacing the elevator, but which also could be on the inside then) and then it would finally make sense.
    I love that concept and I would totally want it (even more than Snake Mountain)
    Please visit my blog at https://robin0377.blogspot.de
    I (besides other stuff) will talk about (and show pictures of) some of my custom figures from time to time there

FIlmation for sure