Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull - Still deciding? Ask ToyGuru Your Questions HERE!

MOTUC Castle Grayskull - Still deciding? Ask ToyGuru Your Questions HERE!

Hey guys,

Scott has contacted myself and Val and wanted to let us know that we are right on track with the Castle Grayskull pre-order sale so far, but wanted to have us start up an organized thread for any questions folks may have that are may be keeping them "on the fence."

So, are you thinking of pre-ordering Grayskull but have specific questions? Or do you just want more information? Use this thread to post your questions and we'll get them sent directly to Scott to be answered!

Please, one question per person and don't repeat questions already asked by someone else.
    Mods will delete repeat questions and discussion. Warnings/infractions may occur if you don't adhere to these guidelines so please read through the thread first before posting.

Please keep this thread to questions pertaining to Castle Grayskull and the pre-order only. Use the official Castle Grayskull discussion thread to discuss.

We're going to leave this thread open for about a day and then choose the top 20 or so questions to send over to Scott. So get your questions in asap!

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; October 24, 2012 at 03:13pm.
    YouTube.com/pixel-dan

What is the exact dimension of the main doorway? (The blueprints were not clear, as one showed 5.5") Will it be high enough to allow He-Man riding Battle Cat to enter without bumping his head?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

When you announced Castle Grayskull you said it would be based on Mark Taylor's prototype and mentioned the elongated mouth. The visuals on the B-sheet however are heavily inspired by the vintage boxart and the licence guide. Is that the definitive look now or can we still expect to see the protruding snout and stalactite teeth from the prototype incorporated in the final design?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Could we get a better idea/description of the Wind Raider stand/attachment? This is a GREAT feature and even a crude sketch of what it does/where it goes/ if it can be its own diorama could go a LONG way to getting more folks on board!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Will the box art feature a new painting? And could that painting also be a cool poster?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Could you talk more about the secret passageway out tot he second floor ledge. Will it be accesses by both the little staircase and the secret passage?

Could you please PLEASE make it so the Wind Raider attaches to the top of the castle? I'm not big on it docking on the lower level and inside the castle.

Will the Power Sword unlock the Jawbridge?

The statement on Matty reads:
    One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or removed from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now.

However, at NYCC you said that nothing would be cut only added. Is it safe to say that the statement on Matty is a legal issue just to cover your bases or was your comment made prior to the statement being drafted so aspects could be cut? I only all because we are unable to cancel our orders. Thank you so much for trying to give us Castle Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Will the My Sub page go up soon, because some fans are afraid of billing and shipping issues that has plagued the line?

Will you be tooling the throne in a way that it can easily be repurposed later with minor modifications as Zodac's chair?

Widget
    Any 3d render, as said?

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Will the My Sub page go up soon, because some fans are afraid of billing and shipping issues that has plagued the line?
    Related to this: if our credit cards expire next year, will there be a preorder page or something similar so we can change our credit card information?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I already ordered a castle Grayskull but I know quite a lot of filmation fans that are still on the fence. And I understand them: in a "what castle Grayskull do you want?" recent poll, Filmation castle grayskull came to a close second after "vintage art' . A lot of people (including myself) would have loved to see a few "filmation nods" in this exciting new incarnation of Castle Grayskull. For instance, have you thought of maybe having snap on filmation teeth for the facade? This would please a lot of filmation fans. If too difficult, a few filmation elements inside would go a long way.

so i guess my question is: since the castle is still in devellopment and nothing has been set in stone yet, would you consider throwing in a few filmation elements to convince some of the undecided Filmation fans to pre order? i feel the Filmation cartoon is too important in the motu mythos to not have an impact on how the castle will ultimately look like!
    Last edited by oulala; October 24, 2012 at 02:08pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Will this be sculpted to allow for a possible Point Dread attachment at a later date?
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Will the orb chamber

be big enough for a figure (or 2) to stand in? (Possibly double as Castlegrayskullman chamber) and have an orb stand included or will we need to use the one that came with TOD Sorceress?
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

While I personally have already preordered my MOTUC Grayskull, I have spoken with and know of more than a dozen ORG members who have not purchased a preorder yet due to a few of them being worried over the Sale page commenting about no refunds or exchanges.

They seem to be interpreting this to say that if we get a damaged/defective/missing some parts with our MOTUC Castle Grayskull we receive in the mail, that we can not contact customer service and get a replacement at all.

So, I ask on there behalf...

When you order a Grayskull and it says NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES, does this also mean there is no way to return a defective or shipping damaged item if you had used a trackable method?

Mattel PLEASE clarify this point for those on the fence about this point!

As this alone will help boost sales, once ppl know there is replacements available if damage occurs and you had a traceable/Tracked package.
    Last edited by Replikor; October 24, 2012 at 06:52pm.

To echo the Filmation desires, if we could at least get snap-on BIG teeth (or have the teeth be interchangeable) and have the window be at least wide enough to see the top half of a figure through, like we saw the Sorceress do in so many episodes. As it is now it almost looks silly since a character can hardly even see through it, it's so narrow.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

First off thanks for this Scott. My question is after seeing the final of the hoverboard and with what we were told all along about it, most realistic prop replica at first now you refer to it as a great toy, how can be sure that the same thing isn't going to happen with CG? Put to rest my fears that the we want your uncancelable per order here's what you're getting is going to be pretty much what we get next year.

Thanks
    J

On the blueprints it looks like the side wall is a lot wider than the front part of the castle and it makes the skull look a little crammed in between the towers. Shouldnt the front be just as wide as the side wall?

Will there be an interior, seperate wall that's not just the negative of the outer castle sculpt?

Why There Is No DHL Shipping Option For CG ???
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Will the robotic cardboard display be changed to a packed in action figure?

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Will the throne be made in some manner to accommodate the Sorceress figure and her wings? She is the most obvious figure to sit on it, and it will be pretty much impossible to sit her in a traditional chair with the way her wings are attached.

With the $250.00 price point, I beg you to please in the card board astronaut figure. Please immortialize that piece of card board into plastic with the set. Even if it all reused parts just a new head. That to me would top it off. There's got to be a way to find a way to get him in there.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone