Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Characters created due to MOTUC

Updated some pics and added He-ra Wrap Trap and Ka

I hope Super7 makes all of these characters into figures for us. There are so many really cool characters that still haven't gotten action figure treatment yet. And even though I know that not every single character will get made, I have great hope for many of them.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Adding the Crimson Countess ,Waspus to the mix I guess we can expect at least one more for sure,a villianess to battle He-ra during her era. As well as Sultra, the original Horde witch that came with Hordak during his first Eternian Invasion.
    Last edited by facet; October 5, 2018 at 10:56am.

Atmoss, son of Delora and Stratos has been added

Updated OP with Queen Tryantula and Vulkar

Heroic Warrior
    Since I just read Dactus' bio I came here to mention Princess Vess. We know nothing about her, except that she was kidnapped by Skeletor and freed by Dactus, Carnivus and Clamp Champ. I looked the name up, her only entry is for Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Since I just read Dactus' bio I came here to mention Princess Vess. We know nothing about her, except that she was kidnapped by Skeletor and freed by Dactus, Carnivus and Clamp Champ. I looked the name up, her only entry is for Classics.
    Yeah I’ve known about this character for a while, my position on her is that from a story telling standpoint she was thrown in the bio, she has no trademark symbol next to her name, there is no other reference for her, it’s almost like a throw away character. Not sure why she was created, when you could pull from an array of already established princesses to save( Rana, Nani, etc) lazy story telling in my eyes. Gonna ask some experts on their opinion.

Updated first thread

I love this thread.

Why? It shows how MOTUC, from a fiction perspective, can be a fount of new material to push the broader MOTU mythos (if not also commercial property*) forward, in addition to its capacity to flesh out so much of what we already know and love.

*Oh, how swiftly I would back any/all wave or waves in which we get figures from this pool...
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    I love this thread.

Why? It shows how MOTUC, from a fiction perspective, can be a fount of new material to push the broader MOTU mythos (if not also commercial property*) forward, in addition to its capacity to flesh out so much of what we already know and love.

*Oh, how swiftly I would back any/all wave or waves in which we get figures from this pool...
    Thank you timeless one. When we talk about the toy line evolving and growing, this is how it’s done. It’s not always about rehashing the same thing over and over again, it’s about mixing and matching existing and new material. I feel the real problem with Mattel is that they name drop these characters show them in one panel, and do nothing else with them. How do you delete lop a character if you barely know what his abilities are.new characters developed for the mini comics have the ability to be just as influential as the characters we love and cherish in this line just as much the ones we know. Just gotta give them a chance. The dc 52 comic series could have used some of these characters, and expanded on some of their stories but choose not to, maybe the next masters series should focus on the pre Eternian era or the SOH, just to develop these characters so the fandom can apperciAte who they are and bring some life into them so people would be intreasted I’m buying figures for them

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Thank you timeless one When we talk about the toy line evolving and growing, this is how it’s done. It’s not always about rehashing the same thing over and over again, it’s about mixing and matching existing and new material.
    And thank you for compiling and maintaining the list herein!

I could not agree more. Sure, I like and tend to welcome variants of existing characters -- variant figures, variant fictional interpretations, whatever. But for MOTU(C) to continue, for it to go on (and to evolve and grow, as you put it) it needs new material: new stories, new characters.

So, yes, a balance. You can add new while respecting the old at the same time, and enrich both thereby, if you ask me.

Even, say, the most ardent, biased purist of the original stories/characters would have to acknowledge that by surrounding the original material's past, present and future with further, fresher stories and characters, the originals become that much more mythic, epic and important by contrast alone. Again, that's just from the purist perspective, and how it is win-win for everyone.

Now that's to take nothing away from the merit and possible influence of newer material, in terms of how epic or important they can be to the wider audience, in and of itself. How much it foments the wider MOTU property, how much new material can push the whole property forward. Again, win-win.

That's how I see it, anyhow.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Standor is noted as not being canon in the initial post, which we know is not true. Shoot, even his glasses got a Bio!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Standor is noted as not being canon in the initial post, which we know is not true. Shoot, even his glasses got a Bio!
    Forgot to update that my bad, adding hope and honor to this as well.

Hey Facet! Perhaps some suggested updates : The bio for Horde Zombie He-Man officially updated Pebblass' name to Quartzara, as Pebblass was never officially canon.

Also, Mo-Larr wasn't canon when you wrote this, but since then he was included in the double - page battle scene for the Third Ultimate Battleground, making him canon.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Hey Facet! Perhaps some suggested updates : The bio for Horde Zombie He-Man officially updated Pebblass' name to Quartzara, as Pebblass was never officially canon.

Also, Mo-Larr wasn't canon when you wrote this, but since then he was included in the double - page battle scene for the Third Ultimate Battleground, making him canon.
    Yes good point I updated the index but not this thread.

Added Tay-Larr and Salaria