View Poll Results: Should we get Mantenna's original eyes in a weapons pack?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would be fun to get those

64 56.64%
  • no, they're unneccessary

49 43.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mantenna eyes in a weapons pack?

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, not much interest here.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Bloodshot eyes would be great. Mantenna is the only one of the main Horde guys who significantly departs from the vintage toy look. It would be nice to be able to get him in line with that look.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 8, 2016 at 11:29pm.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I really want the vintage eyes. I had this figure as a kid, so those eyes have nostalgic value for me and I find it a major omission that they're missing. The Filmation eyes give him a quite different look, while not giving us a true Filmation look because we didn't get the alternate Filmation head.

I understand the figure has four legs and there were budgetary constraints; so either in a "weapons pack", or as a pack-in with another figure, would be the way to release them (both the vintage eyes, and the Filmation-style head, so we can have both looks properly).

I don't really mind how, but they should be released somehow before all is said and done.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I originally said yes but I wouldnt use them.

Not true now. With the custom mouth you can find ala filmation I'd love to have traditional blue eyes with monster mouth and the filmation mouth with the yellow eyes as included.

Of course we may get a new Mantenna in a filmation lineup in the future but that still would not help us get toy accurate eyes now.

So definitely do this.

I still want the original eyes! Perhaps Super7 could put them in a weapons pack!
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I still want the original eyes! Perhaps Super7 could put them in a weapons pack!
    It's ironic that you mention this as I was just talking to a friend about Mantenna's head and how S7 could perhaps come up with a "Heads of Filmation" release just like Matty did with that 200x heads. It could include the likes of Hordak, Mantenna, Leech, Grizzlor and many others that might not require a new body sculpt but perhaps just a new head sculpt to go with filmation type bodies. Even Teela could get a new Filmation type head (not the Talon fighter head!) to go with any of her assorted bodies

Just came across this and i still want! Perhaps if/when Super7 or Mattel start producing Classics again.....
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Just came across this and i still want! Perhaps if/when Super7 or Mattel start producing Classics again.....
    Particularly since there is now a Club Grayskull accurate Filmation version, I extra really want Toy accurate eyes. Both sets would be great, but I'd specifically like etended ones at least. Mayhaps I can find some extended MOTUC Mantenna eyes and paint me up a custom set. I'll be happy with that if I can come by a pair for a very reasonable price.

Honestly, I voted no.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...