Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man.Org Chatroom - The bar at the bottom of your screen!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    You know the answers cause you use to be a daytime regular in the chat room.
    You're right. I do know the answers hence my reluctance.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Did you know that there is a chatroom integrated in the He-Man.org forums? With the San Diego Comic Con reveals just a day away, the chatroom is the perfect place to gather with your fellow fans LIVE! Share your thoughts, praises, and grievances - the chat is available 24/7, you can create your own rooms, and invite other users to join.

We've created a tour video of how to use the chatroom, which has many features above just chatting. Watch our chatroom tour by clicking here.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is about time we got the chat going again.

So come on, get in there and chat

Co-Creator of the NV
    I agree with Wolf. Chatters it's time for you to crawl out of the woodwork!

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm with Wolfy on this as well. The problem, imo, is that it's been hit and miss. You go to the chat room a couple of times with no one's there and you give up.

I'm a member of a writer's chat room and they have regularly scheduled chats on Wednesday and Sunday evening, even having special guests once in a while. Imagine the fun of having Benny or Val or me the hot seat for a whole night! I'd be like an N/A haters magnet! That writers chat room, I referred to is jammed because people know about scheduled chats and when to go there I think and I love it.

I respectfully suggest we start out by trying three scheduled chats on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings each week from seven P.M. to ten and see what happens. At least orgers will know there is a potential coming together. It also works well if you announced a particular topic for the first hour. That can be a lot of fun. "Why I hate the scientists", "Ebay nightmares" and "What overrated toy line really sucks and why" for example.

Of course not everyone will be able to make it for every scheduled chat, but it might help to have it organized and, anyway, the chat room would be open for other random times anyway. I'd like to suggest Val sends a pm to all orgers on this, along with suggested chat topics for the first three scheduled evenings, and let's see what happens.

I miss the chat room...a lot, and I'm sure others do as well. Any chance to hang with Wolfy, Benny, Darth and many others is something that makes me smile.

I would be down work schedule permitting. Also 7-10 pm which time zone? Maybe on of the days have it EST then the next time it can be 7-10 GMT then the last could accommodate our Aussie friends.....just a thought.

I'm in for getting the chat back going.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Totally Dyslexic
    Some time ago i was there often actually and i always had fun but i have a bad internet connection and i have to reload the site quite a lot.

Plus i get distracted to fast and than i miss all the conversation so i have to read up and once back on track...i have to reload the site..
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, it is still there

I have to say I'm not at all a fan of the new chat room. The old one was easy to navigate and easy to post on. I could also see all answers. Maybe I'm just getting older, but this chat room is a turn off for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I have to say I'm not at all a fan of the new chat room. The old one was easy to navigate and easy to post on. I could also see all answers. Maybe I'm just getting older, but this chat room is a turn off for me.
    Oh I agree, I have always preferred the original chat room to the thing we have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Come one come all and join me in the chat room. Listen as I regale you with stories of woe and misery, of terror and torture, of disappointment and heartbreak... yes I am once again out of noodles (anyone who knows me knows that is a big deal).

Or heck chat about something less earth shattering instead...your choice.

Heroic Warrior
    In there right now.

Wolf does looooooooooooove his noodles. and they love him to.

and for the record all of wolf's stories are woe and misery. it's what makes him function. and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Oh I agree, I have always preferred the original chat room to the thing we have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Come one come all and join me in the chat room. Listen as I regale you with stories of woe and misery, of terror and torture, of disappointment and heartbreak... yes I am once again out of noodles (anyone who knows me knows that is a big deal).

Or heck chat about something less earth shattering instead...your choice.

Heroic Warrior
    once again the chat doors are open

Quick question about the bar at the bottom of the screen. When I'm reading the forum on my Tab a big block comes up and tells me how many people are in the chat room. Any way to hide that as it's quite big? Ta!
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

There's a little gear icon in the bottom right. Click on that an options pop up. There's a couple things you can check to eliminate notifications from popping up.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Thanks for the info JVS3, but I'm not seeing a gear icon anywhere on the page. Just a big button with "Chat Now(# of users online).

Using latest Chrome on Android 4.2.2, if that's any help?
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

Heroic Warrior
    For one night only I shall be in the chat.

Join me or don't...your choice

For one night only I shall be in the chat.

Join me or don't...your choice
    I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I came here tonight hoping to chat with you. I guess I missed my chance.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Heroic Warrior
    if people don't like the chat in here we could always use Discord

https://discordapp.com/

it is free and super easy to use, plus it has voice chat if anyone wants to speak with their mouths instead of typing all the time.

OMG! Just spent a bit of time in the chartroom with Wolfy and Midor. Time well spent. Could this be the start of something? Someone cue up the ROCKY theme music.

Heroic Warrior
    and the night before it was me wolfsfang and megagearmax.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    OMG! Just spent a bit of time in the chartroom with Wolfy and Midor. Time well spent. Could this be the start of something? Someone cue up the ROCKY theme music.

if people don't like the chat in here we could always use Discord

https://discordapp.com/

it is free and super easy to use, plus it has voice chat if anyone wants to speak with their mouths instead of typing all the time.
    Yeah, Discord have it's own little chatroom and are private chatroom that tie with the server and the url.

sadly you have to register through their account for full peak access, but you can use as Guest but with Registration it's easier who's and who and might curb those Spam account.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah but registering is free, easy and fast and you wouldn't have to be signed into the org to chat to people. Plus it doesn't time out due to inactivity, which is a plus.

Not that many people were still using it, but is the chatroom at the bottom of the broswer kaput?
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Sooooooo, is the chat feature planning on being restored anytime soon? Every time I'm in the forums it says "Chat Now (0)" and no users are showing. And if you click on it to open it, it just says "Loading..."

Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"