Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 3,126 to 3,129 of 3129

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I myself have found that many of my spanish figures sitting inside display cabinets for years will just break unprovoked.
    That would make me insane!! To have Spanish MOC figures just fall apart still on card...I imagine that devastates their value?

Unfortunately, that is the fate of most plastic toys. They were not created to last forever. Plastic begins its degradation the moment it is molded. Good plastic will endure for decades, but as often is the case, toys are made from cheaper materials, and those materials react to their environment, as well as the passing of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    That would make me insane!! To have Spanish MOC figures just fall apart still on card...I imagine that devastates their value?
    a bit but not as much as i would expect ! Spain collectors know this is inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Cadet Kyle View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the fate of most plastic toys. They were not created to last forever. Plastic begins its degradation the moment it is molded. Good plastic will endure for decades, but as often is the case, toys are made from cheaper materials, and those materials react to their environment, as well as the passing of time.
    Agree completely!! I changed my display methods because I thought keeping these airtight would help but it actually seems to speed up the degradation process. I now use vented PVC boxes and haven't had any new figures go sticky since.