Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2729

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Hi all. I think it's an interesting topic. I remember that Joe MOrrisson in the documentary "The power of Grayskull" referred to that I present He Man and figures of Conan that had developed and finished before knowing the topic of nudes and violence of the film. Someone knows the go more ....

regards

is that documentary already out? I also believe these were in way or another unproduced conan figures.

is it possible to post that bit you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    is that documentary already out?
    Here is the link
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80224167

Last edited by simensays; January 25, 2019 at 02:29pm. Reason: Added images

Heroic Warrior
    WOW! OH! WOW! OH! WOW!

Quite the interesting tagline.

I foresee people nay saying it because of the weapon color. Cause that seems off.

Other than that seems real to me.

Adjusting the colors of the weapons can be done in a few seconds. I made these a couple of years ago, for a custom Wonder Bread He-man I made (little chance of finding an original one where I live), wanting a suitable blister pack for it. Photoshopping/re-drawing the new figure and weapons was somewhat of a job, but now I have the print-ready, high res Photoshop files to make any custom figure I want. The images posted, are just some quick 3D renderings I made in order to share here. I'll have to get around to get these professionally printet soon.

Haha, yeah the tagline and SKU/description and mini comic was inspired by years of reading this thread!
    Last edited by simensays; November 18, 2018 at 04:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    CURSE YOU!

You had me fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by simensays View Post
    Adjusting the colors of the purple weapons can be done in a few seconds. I made these a couple of years ago, for a custom Wonder Bread He-man I made (little chance of finding an original one where I live), wanting a suitable blister pack for it. Photoshopping/re-drawing the new figure and weapons was somewhat of a job, but now I have the print ready, high res Photoshop files to make any custom figure I want. The images posted, are just some quick 3D renderings I made in order to share here. I'll have to get around to get these professionally printet soon.

I can't believe this tread is still going! I've been out of the hobby for a long time and saw the special on Netflix. It has been great reading through the comments.

Heroic Warrior Lieutenant Fowler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I can't believe this tread is still going! I've been out of the hobby for a long time and saw the special on Netflix. It has been great reading through the comments.
    Hey Bro! Twin thing I guess 48 hours later.
    Popped into heman.org to see what's going on!
    The fear of the Lord is the begining of knowledge. But, fools despise wisdom and understanding.

Court Magician
    If Super 7 picks up on this, I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Fowler View Post
    Hey Bro! Twin thing I guess 48 hours later.
    Popped into heman.org to see what's going on!
    do you guys still have "the one" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    do you guys still have "the one" ?
    Sure do!

2C417710-BE87-450C-841A-5C0BF0DD6039.jpg
    The fear of the Lord is the begining of knowledge. But, fools despise wisdom and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Fowler View Post
    You should get some really nice photographs done of that guy!

I honestly want to protect the hobby from fakes and why Darrren and I won't post more pics of the insert. We opened the figure for the sake of the community to try and let the community know more about this illusive figure. The eBay auction was won in September 2000. The bag pictured above is the original we received it in. At the time, the community thought maybe this could be how WB He-man came but as this thread points out, we just do not know anything more today than 20 years ago! Could it be a knock-off from Mexico, a hoax where one was posted in Adam's old he-man.com when Americans were just learning about the Laser Lights/Megator/Tytus in Europe (true story)? I guess the Origins just weren't meant to be

We'll probably never know at this point. I maintain the idea that this figure was produced during the CPI/Conan period, even with only circumstantial evidence to back it.

The piece you guys have is historical.

antieternia posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtX3zyiBDzM/

"Check out the brownhaired HE-MAN riding NIGHT STALKER on the right side! ✨🍞✨ The 1st vintage photo of the so called WONDERBREAD HE-MAN 😀👍 ... 📸credit: Chris Douglas (fb) 🍻 P.S.: And as usual, also check out my facebook page "antieternia" for high-res pictures and videos where available, cheers! 🍻 P.P.S.: Use the pinching-finger gesture to zoom in"
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    antieternia posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtX3zyiBDzM/

"Check out the brownhaired HE-MAN riding NIGHT STALKER on the right side! ✨��✨ The 1st vintage photo of the so called WONDERBREAD HE-MAN ���� ... ��credit: Chris Douglas (fb) �� P.S.: And as usual, also check out my facebook page "antieternia" for high-res pictures and videos where available, cheers! �� P.P.S.: Use the pinching-finger gesture to zoom in"
    Chris is going to eventually scan his pictures so we get higher res versions. He's still searching for more to see if he has any that show it better.

That is a cool find. I'm surprised there aren't more childhood pictures like that out there.

Heroic Warrior
    I would have never have thought of childhood pictures. but the thing is if this savage he-man is rare then there won't be too many pics out there.

The picture does not lie.

That picture is so awesome! Seeing that brown hair he-man from the 80s will only add to the mystery.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I would have never have thought of childhood pictures. but the thing is if this savage he-man is rare then there won't be too many pics out there.

The picture does not lie.
    "The picture does not lie"

LMAO then you have been spared from seeing on FB lots of fake photoshop "childhood" photos where someone has tried using WB He-Man in photo. Usually there are clear signs they are doctored.

This photo here does look genuine and its a cool find.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ˇ ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

i'm also very skeptical when someone claim to have wb he-man captured in an old childhood photo.
    Looking at it, i can't see any red flags honestly, there isn't much to grab on to:
    - impossible to know if clothes are current or old
    - there seems to be some goldish reflection (or paint) on the figure, could it be a childhood custom ? reflection from night stalker ?
    - the brown hair has several tones of brown and seems to blend well with background
    - the landshark behind seems to be sort of blurred, might be a red flag, very hard to tell

https://imgur.com/MzwJYPX

I went back a bit in this ongoing thread, and didn't see this posted, so my apologies if it has been...

http://blog.timlybarger.com/2012/11/...avage.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    I went back a bit in this ongoing thread, and didn't see this posted, so my apologies if it has been...

http://blog.timlybarger.com/2012/11/...avage.html?m=1
    Yeah, that's been around for a long time. It was written over 6 years ago.

No one has any proof thus far of how this figure was offered. Even Mattel could find nothing in their archives, at least back when they looked in 2001. Even a joint effort by Mattel, ToyFare and He-Man.Org 11 years ago could turn up nothing when we collectively did a massive call-out to the public.

The mystery still remains.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

One other piece of information to help fix the figure in time:

The figure has two manufacturing details that seem characteristic of figures that came out either late in 1982 or early in 1983. The first is his belly button, which is perfectly formed. Early 1982 He-Man figures had irregular-looking belly buttons, and starting sometime in 1983 they started doing away with the belly button altogether, so this version looks like those He-Man figures released in the middle, where the belly button was normalized. He-Man figures from that era also started having boots that were dipped in paint rather than sprayed, so the paint comes up all the way to the top of his boots, with no overspray.

That does match up with the era of the Man-E-Faces maroon weapons and the buy 3 get 1 free offer that Mattel had.