Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 2,726 to 2,736 of 2736

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Widget
    There are some similarities between Savage He-Man and another rare figure that Mattel produced in the early 1990s - the "Save Blinky" Bart Simpson. It was a repainted figure offered via mail-order from Mattel's brief line of Simpsons toys in 1990. Only a handful of figures are known to exist. There is only one known promotional coupon/flyer for the figure that's known to exist as well. The coupon asked for 3 UPC symbols and the coupon to get the free figure.

The address was PO Box 3072, City of Industry CA. Is this the same address that is on the coupon that;s associated with Savage He-Man?

I mention this because the figure was part of a promotion with Child World/Children's Palace which has been mentioned in this thread as a possible source for the Savage He-Man.
    Last edited by cwf84; February 27, 2019 at 03:39pm.

hot linking this from another site

Attached Images Attached Images

Could someone please tell me if this is a custom/fake? eBay item #153513051135 the left leg looks a little dubious to me, it looks like there is a little brown paint where the boot meets the leg. Also seller states in their listing "Disclaimer I' am not a Authenticator of He-Man action figures nor do I confirm to its Authenticity" which also sounds a little shady.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    Could someone please tell me if this is a custom/fake? eBay item #153513051135 the left leg looks a little dubious to me, it looks like there is a little brown paint where the boot meets the leg. Also seller states in their listing "Disclaimer I' am not a Authenticator of He-Man action figures nor do I confirm to its Authenticity" which also sounds a little shady.
    At my eyes it is a Fake because the paint applied is not like a real one + the head is a little bit weird lol

Widget
    So it's been a looong time. Almost 10 years and I only posted one thing and forgot all about it. Anyway, I am a huge He-Man fan, as I am sure everyone is. When I was 4/5 years old in 1990, I had every He-Man figure and playset available at retail in North America up to that point. I had the minicomics and everything. Sometimes I would have duplicates because my dad bought a lot of things second hand at auctions and flea markets. In 1991, I was 6 and started going to these places with him. He took me to a flea market in San Antonio, Tx that summer and I was looking at a shop with toys, mainly newer stuff still in packaging and stuff and came across some loose HeMan figures. I passed them up at first but my dad picked one up and was being a goofball and did the whole "I have the power" phrase. I looked at him and said something to the effect of "He-Man has blonde hair." My dad then asked the shop owner about it and he said he picked up the box in Mexico and couldn't find any buyers. My dad ended up buying the whole box to sell at auction and had me take a look to see what was missing since I had them all. That one He-Man with brown hair stuck out like a sore thumb and even had a different feel to the plastic body. He didn't come with weapons or anything but I ended up keeping it cause I thought maybe it was another Faker figure or something. I don't remember the stamp on the back, and it being around 1991, MOTU collecting wasn't as mainstream and the internet wasn't widely available for others to find reference material. I wonder if maybe it was produced for the Mexican marketplace or one of those Mexican knockoff figures or something at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknoskan View Post
    I wonder if maybe it was produced for the Mexican marketplace or one of those Mexican knockoff figures or something at this point.
    Thanks for sharing your story and memories about this figure.
    The Figure is made in Taiwan coming from a Mattel factory (same quality, paint applications, molds etc than others Motu made in Taiwan figures), for sure it is not a bootleg.

Per Ram-Man's Blog, the legs were dipped in paint, not sprayed for this figure.
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goddess View Post
    Per Ram-Man's Blog, the legs were dipped in paint, not sprayed for this figure.
    I see what you mean, if you are looking at a large part of the Made in Taiwan Motu figures many were also dipped as the Savage He-man, like the original He-Man, Battle Armor He-Man, Prince Adam, Faker, Thunder Punch He-Man etc

Few pictures taken from eBay to illustrate:

Once they storm Area 51 we'll get the answers we've been looking for.

The truth is out there... Area 51 houses all the old Wonderbread He-mans.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

this thread is 17 years old , the real question is WHERE is RAM MAN 21 ? who started this thread
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

It turns out that the real Wonder Bread He-Man was the friends we made along the way.