Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3111

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Heroic Warrior Springor Spanior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Here are a couple pics. There is some paint scuffs on the back of his head but other than that he is in great condition. I was able to wipe off the scuff marks off his chest.

Attachment 123642

Attachment 123643
    Truly, congratulations to you! This almost makes me want to believe it's real! (Just kidding - I believe!!!)

BUT, I am just as interested in the so-called "junk" that was in the box as much as the figure itself. This is an archeological find. The contents shouldn't have been disturbed until we all had a good look. Every legless figure and every broken fragment could be a clue to the origins of this brown-haired figure. What else was in the box? Early wave figures? Late wave figures? Brown weapons? Any weapons? Zodak armor?
    I'm losing my edge, but I was there. LCD Soundsystem

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I have been doodling here a long time . And as far back as i can recall i have been able to type in wonderbread HeMan and have been able to see 1 or 3 for sale .
    I see what You mean and that's right, each time I am checking on eBay I can also find 1 to 3 (if not more) for sale since the last 15/20 years, like most of the rarest figures from other toylines.
    You was saying easy to find in comparison at a carded Blue Bearb Stratos by example and for sure it is true.

The term "Rare/Rarest" is used at my eyes just to determine the figures that we see the least in circulation, other examples for vintage Motu: Tytus, Megator, Laser He-Man/Skeletor, T-Rex, Eternia, Twistoid etc
    Rare is not like "impossible to find".

About high prices if You are regarding ten years ago a loose Savage He-Man figure in nice shape was around 200/300 bucks and... a complete Scare Glow figure for $75 around, have You seen the price today for a complete loose Scare Glow figure? It is just insane lol
    I can't really explain why so many high prices today (excepted for extremely hard to find items) but it is concerning a lot of vintage Motu toys and not just the Savage He-Man figure, two days ago the last complete loose Twistoid figure has been sold for $343, ouch...
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; September 29, 2020 at 12:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    About high prices if You are regarding ten years ago a loose Savage He-Man figure in nice shape was around 200/300 bucks and... a complete Scare Glow figure for $75 around, have You seen the price today for a complete loose Scare Glow figure? It is just insane lol I can't really explain why so many high prices today (excepted for extremely hard to find items) but it is concerning a lot of vintage Motu toys and not just the Savage He-Man figure, two days ago the last complete loose Twistoid figure has been sold for $343, ouch...
    Scare Glow prices are indeed ridiculous but it's not because he's particularly rare, it's because he's a fan favorite and everyone wants him, so demand is high. Also his cape is hard to find in good shape, and his torso is somewhat brittle, so fragility increases his demand, as well.

Twistoid and Rotar are and always have been significantly harder to obtain than any of the other Wave 6 figures (they're Wave 6? or 7?)

It's difficult to say how rare Savage He-Man is. I can pretty confidently say he's rarer than Rotar/Twistoid, but not as rare as Tytus/Megator, MIB gift sets, Blue Beard Stratos or a number of other rare variants.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    About high prices if You are regarding ten years ago a loose Savage He-Man figure in nice shape was around 200/300 bucks and... a complete Scare Glow figure for $75 around, have You seen the price today for a complete loose Scare Glow figure? It is just insane lol
    I can't really explain why so many high prices today (excepted for extremely hard to find items) but it is concerning a lot of vintage Motu toys and not just the Savage He-Man figure, two days ago the last complete loose Twistoid figure has been sold for $343, ouch...
    Wait until the new toyguide comes out, figures from every line showcased in that book are going to go crazy as new collectors, or current collectors, now have a great checklist. It has happened to every toyline when a guide is released for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Springor Spanior View Post
    Truly, congratulations to you! This almost makes me want to believe it's real! (Just kidding - I believe!!!)

BUT, I am just as interested in the so-called "junk" that was in the box as much as the figure itself. This is an archeological find. The contents shouldn't have been disturbed until we all had a good look. Every legless figure and every broken fragment could be a clue to the origins of this brown-haired figure. What else was in the box? Early wave figures? Late wave figures? Brown weapons? Any weapons? Zodak armor?
    No weapons or armor, trust me I looked very carefully in the box afterwards after finding him.

There were random she-ra, remco Warlord figures, 95% of it not worth it. I kept basically a few minicomics, Rokkon, 1st hordak, and a couple beasts from the Dragons, Knights & Daggers motu compatible line and donated the rest.
    cogito ergo doleo

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I kept basically a few minicomics, Rokkon, 1st hordak, and a couple beasts from the Dragons, Knights & Daggers motu compatible line and donated the rest.
    What is Dragons, Knights, & Daggers, and why have I never heard of these before?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    What is Dragons, Knights, & Daggers, and why have I never heard of these before?
    https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfi...emlist&id=1755

Here you go, you prob have seen the toys but didn't know that actual name.
    cogito ergo doleo

Court Magician
    I had the sabertooth serpent when I was a kid. Was a great replacement for Panthor, who I did not have, for Skeletor to ride around on. Surprisingly great figures for being in the knockoff/cheap category.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfi...emlist&id=1755

Here you go, you prob have seen the toys but didn't know that actual name.
    I have never seen these before.

No weapons or armor, trust me I looked very carefully in the box afterwards after finding him.

There were random she-ra, remco Warlord figures, 95% of it not worth it. I kept basically a few minicomics, Rokkon, 1st hordak, and a couple beasts from the Dragons, Knights & Daggers motu compatible line and donated the rest.
    Can you ask your neighbor where he is originally from? Sorry for all the requests.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hello !!

Here is my own custom Savage He-Man that I made of a He-Man that I put on with Zodacs black armor and laser pistol from Weapons Pak and his own grey shield.

Last edited by Gory-Glory; October 10, 2020 at 06:40am.

Heroic Warrior
    Goes live November 11 at 8 am US Eastern Time...

Wonder what Scott found...

Scott ToyGuru Neitlich uncovers new hard evidence conclusively solving the Wonder Bread He-Man mystery. Is it a bootleg? A foreign release? Or a Mattel product? The answers here at long last!
    April fools is a long way away don't mess with us Scott !!

Heroic Warrior
    I stumbled onto the site like last week and subscribed to it.

I saw that and was like huh?! what the?!

Because I figured at this point what can be said or added. Guess I'm going to be proved wrong.

Maybe he has a bit more insight. Maybe after some more? digging he found something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Goes live November 11 at 8 am US Eastern Time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhnH62KZ0SI

Wonder what Scott found...

Can't wait to watch this video. Fingers crossed that the evidence is substantial.

He-Man historian
    Mildly curious if this "thing" he has discovered is

A) Something not already uncovered by the people in this very thread
    B) Anything really substantial, instead of him making guesswork about existing material like POG video
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Mildly curious if this "thing" he has discovered is

A) Something not already uncovered by the people in this very thread
    B) Anything really substantial, instead of him making guesswork about existing material like POG video
    Agreed. Just curious myself.
    Similar to what Jukka said, so far I've only seen Scott retread a lot of info we already know about vintage MOTU. He's also gotten numerous things incorrect in his videos which fans and creators brought to his attention.
    So I guess we'll see!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    C. ooops. Sorry my bad. all that you needed to know was in a box that was mixed in with some personal boxes in my attic for the last X years. (sorry. couldn't resist)

I agree with JVS3. I worry? concerned? that it's just some kind of "resum" for those who don't know the history when the title makes you think something else. I'm skeptical hoping to be proved wrong.

This better be good.

Here are some of the responses on the YouTube video.

spectorcreative.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't look at posts. Didn't want to be spoiled but after seeing the responses I respond with the response I use in regards to a Master's of the universe movie. I'll believe it when I'll see it and even then I'll still won't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This better be good.

Here are some of the responses on the YouTube video.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...7&d=1605039145

spectorcreative.jpg

This is the same guy who claimed Mattel did not have certain records in its archive, leading people to believe that they were lost, only for the Sander brothers to easily find them on the first attempt by simply putting in a request for materials related to He-Man and She-Ra.

He is consistently wrong, I do not know why anyone considers him some kind of authority.

Heroic Warrior
    Some bitter people in this thread.

Can't wait to see the live, hope Scott really solved the mystery.

RAM-MAN 21

maybe has the info we need

this thread is 18 years old
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I’m off tomorrow, can’t wait to hear this
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I will take a wild guess and say the Click Bait tuber got all his Savage info from this thread . We are all gonna be famous .