Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

My bad! Typo!

Any chances Top Toys Made this figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Any chances Top Toys Made this figure?
    nope, cause top toys does not use mattel's tm on their figures
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st
    Does anybody the year when this action figre was released ???

thank you very much

best regards
    Hi Pat
    For me she's released on same time like the US 8_back (1981-82), but distribued after by Mattel.

(because this figurine has the same similarities, exemple: made in TAIWAN (with same He-Man mould 1981), same weapons with man-e-weapons (this last is the 10th sold after the 8-backs), and same small noise when one makes swivel the size, similar that the First figures sold)

Hey Johnny !!!

Thank you buddy
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st
    Hey Johnny !!!

Thank you buddy
    but i 'am not sure exactly of my theory.

Glad this thread is active again
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

I'm baaaaaack! It's been months since I last posted so I went back and read all the posts since mine. After reading it looks like we're still not close to solving this.

I had a thought though. IF the reason that Mattel is tightlippped about WB He-man is because of legal reasons (that conan incident) then how long do they have to be silent about this? I mean will/can there be a "disclosure period" where Mattel would be allowed to finally spill the beans on this WB He-man issue? Or is this legal stuff so bad that they can NEVER discuss it?

Once again this is assuming that Mattel DOES know/remember the deal with WB He-man but can't because of legal reasons dealing with the conan lawsuit.

Anybody here know anything about LAW????
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast
    I'm baaaaaack! It's been months since I last posted so I went back and read all the posts since mine. After reading it looks like we're still not close to solving this.

I had a thought though. IF the reason that Mattel is tightlippped about WB He-man is because of legal reasons (that conan incident) then how long do they have to be silent about this? I mean will/can there be a "disclosure period" where Mattel would be allowed to finally spill the beans on this WB He-man issue? Or is this legal stuff so bad that they can NEVER discuss it?

Once again this is assuming that Mattel DOES know/remember the deal with WB He-man but can't because of legal reasons dealing with the conan lawsuit.

Anybody here know anything about LAW????
    Yep, i think it's for a legal reason /Conan (possible WB he-man is simply the first figure made by mattel and cancelled just after and never sold)...
    I think the man-e-weapons weapons are these of Wb he-man....and after distributed with man-e-faces for a liquidation of stocks...

Oldest Thread Ever!
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Finally finished reading all this and I'm tired now, so I'm gonna go home to sleep

i have a WB, is he supposed to have the spring loaded waist action? if so mine must be broken

Is WonderBread He-Man more rare than Laser Power He-Man?

Technically, no one can confirm there is a Wonder Bread He-Man.
    He should be called the dark hair variant.

And, I'd say no, as this figure keeps popping up all the time.
    There are lots of the dark haired He-Man figs either in fan collections now, or showing up on eBay from time to time.

Maybe Roger Sweet has an answer to this ongoing mystery?

He mentioned something in the TF magazine about originally envisioning He-Man with dark hair, so could Wonder Bread He-Man be some sort of early version or test version of He-Man?

So Val, you think Laser Power He-Man is rarer than "dark variant" He-Man? I kinda think they're of the same kind of scarcity... at least loose

On the one hand the Laser Power He-Man was only released in Europe, and at the very tail end of the line's run... on the other hand the "dark variant" He-Man was only available as a mail away in the US, so would have been a very small run of them too.

I know that I've only ever heard of one Mint in Package "dark variant" He-Man, which I guess now is actually pulled out of the baggy, so really there are none! And I've seen many Laser Power He-Mans on Card.

Tallstar:

I talked to Roger about it already.
    He said he was pretty sure it was just some foreign variant, or possible an exclusive for somewhere else.
    We're still trying to figure ot the details of that Nestle's Quick mail away figure back in the day.
    All we know for certain is that it wasn't from Wonderbread. Only a trading card set came from them.

grizzlor:

Darren popped open the bag and checked it out.
    He's suspicious of that being the original packaging, as are we.
    It had some generic coupon inside that couldn't be tied to the offer in any way. And the accessories included in the bag were supiciously identical to what people were claiming the figure came with at the time, just because one guy speculated from the beginning that's what the figure came with.

You can't say "it was only available as a mail-away" when know one knows.
    And nothing done during the early days of MOTU was done in a limited run. I have no doubt this variant was produced in a pretty hefty number, because Mattel didn't run limited exclusives in the numbers then like the do now. Exclusives back then were in the 10s of thousands.

The Laser figures, on the other hand, are hard to come by.
    While the dark haired He-Man continues to show up.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    It seems to become harder and harder to find a "WB" He-Man, though. The number of fake WBs has increased in the last two years to a level that's frightening. But still, I agree that he can't be all that rare, compared to how often he gets offered. It's crazy to me that his price still is that high although I've seen him far more often than some "regular" toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Maybe Roger Sweet has an answer to this ongoing mystery?

He mentioned something in the TF magazine about originally envisioning He-Man with dark hair, so could Wonder Bread He-Man be some sort of early version or test version of He-Man?
    Roger Sweet has his book about the MOTU line coming out. Maybe there will be something in there about this strange mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    Tallstar:

I talked to Roger about it already.
    He said he was pretty sure it was just some foreign variant, or possible an exclusive for somewhere else.
    We're still trying to figure ot the details of that Nestle's Quick mail away figure back in the day.
    All we know for certain is that it wasn't from Wonderbread. Only a trading card set came from them.

grizzlor:

Darren popped open the bag and checked it out.
    He's suspicious of that being the original packaging, as are we.
    It had some generic coupon inside that couldn't be tied to the offer in any way. And the accessories included in the bag were supiciously identical to what people were claiming the figure came with at the time, just because one guy speculated from the beginning that's what the figure came with.

You can't say "it was only available as a mail-away" when know one knows.
    And nothing done during the early days of MOTU was done in a limited run. I have no doubt this variant was produced in a pretty hefty number, because Mattel didn't run limited exclusives in the numbers then like the do now. Exclusives back then were in the 10s of thousands.

The Laser figures, on the other hand, are hard to come by.
    While the dark haired He-Man continues to show up.
    YES!! Val has finally graced us with his presence here at our Wonderbread He-man thread.

Thanks for the info though now you have opened up a whole new can of worms for us regarding WB He-man. We all thought it was written in stone that WB He-man:
    1. was a mail away exclusive
    2. came with nothing but the redish brown axe and sword
    3. was packaged in a plastic bag with a coupon
    4. and as a result the only mystery was "who offered WB He-man?" and "when was he offered?"

However now EVERYTHING we thought was fact is now in doubt

Guess we're now back to square one.

BTW where's Ram Man???
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly
    It seems to become harder and harder to find a "WB" He-Man, though. The number of fake WBs has increased in the last two years to a level that's frightening. But still, I agree that he can't be all that rare, compared to how often he gets offered. It's crazy to me that his price still is that high although I've seen him far more often than some "regular" toys.
    I agree very much with you but we must consider that we see itmore often because there are more fakes...i know i have one... and it's amazing how far people will go to fake them, mine even says 1981 on the back...it's sad but if people could fake laser he-man, they would

a side note, how many people do you think receive an email after someone posts here? 25 pages is a lot of .orgers
    Long Live MOTU
    Die scalpers, DIE!!!!!!

With the recent boom of wonderbread he-men being sold on ebay it got me to wondering again...
    I was inspecting the fake that i received and i noticed something that i dont remember anyone mentioning, There is a year mark underneath he-man's head above the back of his neck. Has anyone esle noticed this? can anyone who has a real one confirm if there is in fact a year mark on the real one. The fake i have had a 1982 head which obviously does not correspond with the 1981 on the back...can someone shed some light on the subject??
    Long Live MOTU
    Die scalpers, DIE!!!!!!

Not all that long ago, I sent an email to Wonder Bread asking if they would ever consider making another Wonder Bread He-Man, and I got a letter back saying that it has been talked about and considered many times.. (can't find the letter right now, so I can't tell you exactly what it said).
    I think it would be awesome.... Alas, this was when the line was still in the stores, but you never know, it could still happen with the new line, too...
    In Memory of Oscar
    May 2000 - September 23, 2005
    In Memory of Jetta
    2001- September 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast
    YES!! Val has finally graced us with his presence here at our Wonderbread He-man thread.

Thanks for the info though now you have opened up a whole new can of worms for us regarding WB He-man. We all thought it was written in stone that WB He-man:
    1. was a mail away exclusive
    2. came with nothing but the redish brown axe and sword
    3. was packaged in a plastic bag with a coupon
    4. and as a result the only mystery was "who offered WB He-man?" and "when was he offered?"

However now EVERYTHING we thought was fact is now in doubt

Guess we're now back to square one.

BTW where's Ram Man???
    Great! And I just thought I completed my recently acquired, non-fake, WB He-Man with a sword & axe. Even if he did come with the weapons pack black Zodac armor, I don't care anymore. I'm gonna wait until we can get some real corroboration on where this guy came from until I do more for him.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    it just puzzles me that after all this time and hype that no more than one "sealed in bag" example has popped up. i would think who ever has the horde of these would have taken the chance to get 400 a pop on them. ive seen more camo khans than i have savage he-man and he's from another damn country. ive always doubted the wonder bread title since if that were the case i would have owned one as a kid. since i owned and remember getting the cards. the wonderbread had an extra piece of bag with the picture and free card logos. i dont know it just doesnt make sense other than someones a real jerk and doesnt want to talk. the whole conan legal crap is way not realavent. he always reminded me of blackstar than conan anyway.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpunch
    Not all that long ago, I sent an email to Wonder Bread asking if they would ever consider making another Wonder Bread He-Man, and I got a letter back saying that it has been talked about and considered many times.. (can't find the letter right now, so I can't tell you exactly what it said).
    I think it would be awesome.... Alas, this was when the line was still in the stores, but you never know, it could still happen with the new line, too...
    Uh... I'd be suspicious of who you talked to about this.
    We've talked to WB and Hostess, and no one has a clue what the heck was done as promotions back then.
    And honestly, no one there really cared.

But lately, they may have been so inundated with requests / questions, that current employees may think it was true themselves.

-------------

To everyone else:
    Fakes:

How do you guys know these are fakes?
    Meaning, I'm not doubting you.
    I'm genuinely curious what are the tell tale signs.

So many fakes seems so... well... odd.
    These are reputable sellers selling them most of the time on eBay.
    So how would these guys, probably unknowingly, come into the possession of all these fakes?

More recent Tops Toys repaints working their way into the market, perhaps?
    It's getting so, you can't trust ANY "rare" loose Tops Toys classic figures.