Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2748

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    "I had him as a kid and i didnt work for them"

A kid I knew had it in the 80s , it puzzled me cuz I had never seen such a HM before and it was def legit & he lives in Norway......so WB was def available outside of the US as well.....Finland has been mentioned too
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Wow! This one sold for $550 on ebay!!!!! Holy smokes!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wonder-Bread-He-...3A1|240%3A1318

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I know Savage He-Man is a rare figure and I'd like one myself but this one was way over priced. Plus it ended with a BUY It Now. It didn't get bidded up to 550 but someone just decided to pay 550. I'm sorry but there are much better things you could do with that money other then spend it on a toy.
    Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    I know Savage He-Man is a rare figure and I'd like one myself but this one was way over priced. Plus it ended with a BUY It Now. It didn't get bidded up to 550 but someone just decided to pay 550. I'm sorry but there are much better things you could do with that money other then spend it on a toy.
    i've only seen it go that high when afa graded, it usualy doesnt go much higher than 300usd, got mine for 90 USD but would have got it cheaper if only for the last 2 times people didnt tip the seller (for no obvious reason) that he had a wb he-man hidden in the lot Tippers out there hear me out, YOU OWE ME A LOT OF MONEY!

2 things i'd like to ask:

1. who found the first wonderbread he-man and where?
    2. regarding the arm numbers, please check inside the arms of your wb he-man and post the numbers here please.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    ... btw i was looking at my wonder bread he-man and i checked that the arms left and right are numbered "2" and "3" respectively, does this mean anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    ... 2. regarding the arm numbers, please check inside the arms of your wb he-man and post the numbers here please.
    I got mine back from recasing at AFA, and while they now put those acrylic pieces under the arms to stabilize the fig from marring (love it btw), I can still see pretty good in there, but see no numbers. Where about were these numbers? I don't have to pop the arms off to see them do I?

cheers

I don't have to pop the arms off to see them do I?
    err actually yes you do

Why do you care about the numbers inside his arms?

seeking for similarities

On mine:
    Left Arm 5 (backwards)
    Right Arm 8

I also checked a couple of my regular He-Man figures and they had 6, 21, 21, 21
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

They are mold cavity numbers and they are on all MOTU figures, Star Wars figure weapons... They are meaningless and totally random.

so each number presents the mold it was made with? If there are enough similarities you can gather a group of molds that casted these wb he-mans, the only trouble then would be, mixing authentic with fakes and authentic with swapped arms, only if we got a large amount of numbers to check.

Mine:

Left 2 (inverted)
    Right 3

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I see, so many of the same mold (mold types?) may have different numbers? Even so, if a figure is at such a low production run, it's seems that these should be the same still. But if the arms are the exact same as He-Man, then many people might take the arm off and swap it out for preservation of the more rare figure. So you might get radically mixed results with this. But it seems pretty sound for this particular figure, as they should have all been made in the same location and for a very short amount of time.

But I'll have to wait until I get another one for this, as I'm not having it cased a third time... not just yet anyways .

Is that supposed to be blood spray on Conan
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Haha Conan on Eternia? why not

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Weird. Just last week I was thumbing through some action figures guides at one of the local antique shops, and I noticed the same thing in one of them, but they also included the name "Savage He-man". I didn't know folks were using that name back in the late 90s. I forget which guide I was looking at. It may have been Tomarts.
    Actually, you probably thumbed through the 2000 price guide from Krause. If so, I wrote the prices along with the figures discriptions. At the time I wrote it, I did much research on this character because my friend's mother ordered it.. They ate only Wonderbread bread.

He made me a He-Man collector when his mom bought me Trap Jaw for my birthday. I was hooked from then..

Anyway, I wrote "Savage He-Man" because that is what he had called it when he got it. he must have read it somewhere. I only wish he kept the proofs of purchase and the advertisement. Unfortunately, the Savage He Man he owned did not survive. I since owned 5 of them on and off. I know 2 people with bagged versions. One is listed all over on most of the websites. The other is in Chacago. When he bought the bagged version, he said it had a piece of paper in it; however, the bag had a hole large enough to remove a weapon. The weapons taht it came with was an ax and sword, but cannot confirm exactly because of the hole in the bag. I cannot remember what he had from my youth.

If you are interested in reading the price guide check out Toy Shop's Action Figure Price Guide written in 2000 and edited by Elizabeth Stephan. Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; December 30, 2008 at 10:29am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Weird. Just last week I was thumbing through some action figures guides at one of the local antique shops, and I noticed the same thing in one of them, but they also included the name "Savage He-man". I didn't know folks were using that name back in the late 90s. I forget which guide I was looking at. It may have been Tomarts.
    Check out the writing in the bag compared to the grape nuts on this box. My friend did eat grape Nuts also now that I think of it.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    HE DID NOT COME FROM WONDER BREAD! this has been discussed and beaten to death then back to life again only to be beaten to death again. im telling you the cards were the only thing offred through the company. it was a very strong promotoion having had the extra bag piece over the loaf bag. but i assure you no figure was offered. what would mattel/wonderbread hope to gain by denying it???? really?!

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    but i assure you no figure was offered. what would mattel/wonderbread hope to gain by denying it???? really?!
    i guess we will never know will we. either that or you just accept that it's a fake

galaxy warrior:

I am not saying it is or it isnt. Check out the writing inside the card "TEXT" It looks like a promotion from something. I thought this thread is to help find out where he came from.

what would mattel/wonderbread hope to gain by denying it???? really?! [/QUOTE]

I asked Wonder Bread about the Heman Wonder Bread promotion in the early 80's by clicking on this link --> http://www.wonderbread.com/contact.asp

This was there response......

" July 14, 2008

Dear Mr. Joe Perez,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are always happy to help our consumers with their research. In regards to your email, unfortunately we do not have any information on the promotion you are inquiring about because when we took ownership of Wonder Bread around the mid-90's we did not attain the archival information prior to the mid-90's.

Again, thank you for contacting Interstate Bakeries Corporation.

Sincerely,
    Claribel Meza
    Consumer Response Representative "

If this is the deny you are talking about, it does not seem like anyone denied anything.

BTW Galaxy Warrior, your website is awesome. I have many of the Galaxy Warrior figures. You have a true talent there, cannot wait to see what other figures you make. Good work!!
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; December 30, 2008 at 12:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

got another one today, comparing to the one i had all i can say is that the colours are exactly the same, also has the belly buttom and space in shorts.

Legs are loose and body is filled with glue or candle mass i dunno, i think i ough to give this one either a good bath or a zodac armour.

There are a lot of WB customs appearing on Ebay - at least the sellers are listing them as CUSTOMS....here is a pretty cool one on a custom card that recently ended:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=220368546638
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

I saw the custom carded WB, cool card. I'm glad some of these sellers are admitting that they are customs.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Heroic Warrior Lieutenant Fowler's Avatar
    I think I need to post an updated picture of WB He-man/Savage He-man. He is still in a tupperware box at my parents house. Arkangel has the scan Darren did several years ago and it's still in there. Darren and I won this he-man off of ebay ~OCT 2000. This was the exact moment this particular thread started; I think...
    Last edited by Lieutenant Fowler; March 7, 2009 at 09:10pm.
    The fear of the Lord is the begining of knowledge. But, fools despise wisdom and understanding.