Page 75 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3111

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    that's fairly impressive, is the cupon real aswel? i've only seen two of them
    Unfortunately the coupon is a repro made from Darren's full scans front and back
    Last edited by gmkalos; December 25, 2010 at 05:16pm.

yeah i don't think people think about it a lot, but the coupon is actually rarer than the figure. And i mean by far.

Seems like I saw a coupon on ebay with starting bid of $500 a while back.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

on ebay germany i found a wonder bread moc, is that real???? i mean wonderbread had a card and bubble too? or its just a custom? because i dont see the word custom anywhere??????
    somebody can tell me?
    [email protected]
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

It's a custom. I see them pop up from time to time. There's never been any wonderbread he-man with a card and bubble that was legit.

Look at the shape of the bubble. It's usually one of those aftermarket clamshell cases that's had the the back cut off, or if it's a really good custom, then its an original clamshell that's been reused.
    Good Trader List:

Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    It's a custom. I see them pop up from time to time. There's never been any wonderbread he-man with a card and bubble that was legit.

Look at the shape of the bubble. It's usually one of those aftermarket clamshell cases that's had the the back cut off, or if it's a really good custom, then its an original clamshell that's been reused.
    i saw it and i thought wow its so weird cause i remember saw the wonderbread a few times in a plastic bag, but i dunno how really come, i never saw it as a kid
    :s
    they should said that its a custom in the tiltle!!
    thanks
    [email protected]
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Widget

Yea!

The coupon is the rarest of them all theroectically they were all sent off to receive the Wonder Bread He Man. He definitely came in a plastic bag tapped on one end and heat sealed on the other and with random man-e weapons, as far as the black Zodac gun and vest I could go either way on them but they look cool! What WE need to do is hold a Wonder Bread He Man MEET at Mattell's records place so we can dig threw a ton of info and come up with something!!!

Also stop calling it Savage He Man, doing so negates the value of its TRUE origins We have been calling it Wonder Bread/Mail-Order He Man for A reason threw 3 decades of collecting. SOME of these moderators will change YOUR words and CHANGED the name of this blog from Wonder Bread just for there own clame to fame its sad!

Quote Originally Posted by gmkalos View Post
    What WE need to do is hold a Wonder Bread He Man MEET at Mattell's records place so we can dig threw a ton of info and come up with something!!!
    That's already happened.
    He-Man.org, Mattel and ToyFare joined forces to dig up info about this figure.
    Mattel has no records of this promotions, neither is Wonder Bread.
    There is absolutely no proof this figure and Wonder Bread were connected in any way.

Also stop calling it Savage He Man, doing so negates the value of its TRUE origins We have been calling it Wonder Bread/Mail-Order He Man for A reason threw 3 decades of collecting. SOME of these moderators will change YOUR words and CHANGED the name of this blog from Wonder Bread just for there own clame to fame its sad!
    No one is looking for fame man, please chill out, this is ridiculous.
    We want to debunk that rumor because there is NO PROOF that this figure has any connection to Wonder Bread so, we beg fans to stop calling it Wonder Bread He-Man. There is no such thing. There is a figure with UNKNOWN origins.
    We also do that exactly to prevent people to see a value that he may have or not have and often get scammed in auctions.

What I don't understand is that there are a bunch of Action Comics #1 out there(a rare comic that is over 70 years old when most people didn't save them as collectibles) but no one seems to have a coupon that is less than 30 years old, including the companies that were supposedly involved, nor are they able to prove that this figure is legit. I haven't done any investigating into this myself, but, based on what I've read from others, Wonder Bread He-Man is an urban legend based on rumors, misunderstandings, and/or lies. It would have been a cool collectible but I just don't think it's "real".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

We totally think the figure with Dark hair is real
    But did it come with Zodac black vest? Absolutely not!
    Did it come with Man-e-Weapons accessories? Very unlikely.

But one thing is certain so far: NO one has been able to prove that he was a Wonder Bread promotion.
    So, while the figure is real, the promotion is not, and so far nobody was able to find out what is its real origin

Widget
    Yea thats why i have a sealed one (MIB) with the maroon lazer rifle, because you soo right! THE MYSTERY HE-Man Came with various Man-E-Face MAROON wepons in a plastic bag (that matches up with 3 other known bags to exist)thats fore sure now, me and the EXPERTS at AFA all agree FACT IS FACT! All im saying is that Wonder Bread He-Man is a STRONG possibility as is MAIL-ORDER HE-MAN and has been for 30 years now
    and savage He-Man is YOUR OWN omage to a shoty report has nothing to do or is a possibility of the figures TRUE origions its just somthing that was agreed apon threwout this blog by just a few moderators? I dont know about you guys but when i want to find him on ebay i first search for WONDER BREAD HE-MAN and its just inconviant that i now have to search for savage Thanx a lot! MYSTERY HE-MAN should be what this site pushes to call him!
    Last edited by gmkalos; December 25, 2010 at 05:23pm.

gmkalos:

For the last time, we have no proof of where this figure comes from.

With all due respect, AFA does not know.
    And we're not going to take the insistent claims of a new user who seems overly enthusiastic about validating his own purchase, who also owns or works for a toy retailer who is in the business of making a profit
    over the research from people who've been on this site for more than 10 years who have a vested interest in both history and the marketplace safety of this community.

We need you to stop making assertive claims about what this figure is.
    Until proof exists of this figure's origin, he will be referred to as Savage He-Man which is what the fans decided to call him because he resembles the original mini-series He-Man, and also in an effort to help debunk an inaccurate title.
    Yes, Savage He-Man is not historically accurate at all, but that's because this figure has no history and at least that title gives fans some point of visual reference.

You can call him Mystery or Unknown He-Man if you want. It makes sense to call him that as well. And if all the fans had decided that was best, then I would be referring to him as that. We only refer to him as Savage He-Man because that's what the fans decided way back when and I hate to go back on that.

Just don't call him something he can't be verified to be, and that's Wonder Bread He-Man. And please don't make claims of what he came with, as we have no validated proof of that either.

Thank you.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    You guys are being incredibly patient. Just saying.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    gmkalos:

And we're not going to take the insistent claims of a new user who seems overly enthusiastic about validating his own purchase, who also owns or works for a toy retailer who is in the business of making a profit
    over the research from people who've been on this site for more than 10 years who have a vested interest in both history and the marketplace safety of this community.

We need you to stop making assertive claims about what this figure is.
    Until proof exists of this figure's origin, he will be referred to as Savage He-Man which is what the fans decided to call him because he resembles the original mini-series He-Man, and also in an effort to help debunk an inaccurate title.
    Yes, Savage He-Man is not historically accurate at all, but that's because this figure has no history and at least that title gives fans some point of visual reference.

You can call him Mystery or Unknown He-Man if you want. It makes sense to call him that as well. And if all the fans had decided that was best, then I would be referring to him as that. We only refer to him as Savage He-Man because that's what the fans decided way back when and I hate to go back on that.

Just don't call him something he can't be verified to be, and that's Wonder Bread He-Man. And please don't make claims of what he came with, as we have no validated proof of that either.

Thank you.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    You guys are being incredibly patient. Just saying.
    Very Very Patient.

gmkalos , You keep saying a couple of mods came up with the name. Do some research into who you are arguing with Val & Emil know & are part of MOTU history. They keep bringing up the He-man.org , wonderbread & MATTEL search to uncover the origin but you seem to be ignoring those facts & claiming you know all & from the sound of it, your info is very outdated & holds little to NO Proof.

I believe your MIB as you call it is a Fake & AFA would not have the slightest clue!
    Last edited by skelehorde; December 25, 2010 at 07:27pm.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Widget
    [QUOTE=JVS3;2604529]gmkalos:

HA HA THEY JUST GRADE SOME OF THE WORLDS BEST

DUDE YOUR LABELING HIM NO DIFF FROM WONDERBREAD JUST WORSE!

Just don't call him something he can't be verified to be?
    OH YOU MEAN LIKE SAVAGE HE-MAN!

That is what a FEW people agreed apon to call him Savage He-Man, I WOULD SAY MOST PEOPLE STILL REFER TO HIM AS WONDERBREAD HE-MAN despite YOUR EFFORTS! WHAT is this a dictatorship??? As far as proof is concerned just OPEN YOUR EYES we have 3 eamples of bagged MYSTERY he man and mine which remaines UN-OPEN and THE TOP TOY GRADERS IN THE WORLD SAY ITS AUTHENTIC WITH THE LAZER GUN over you! AND I WOULD SAY IM FAR MORE QUALIFIED TO JUDGE TOYS OVER YOU CONSIDERING ITS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!!! EAT IT jcv3!

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I WOULD SAY MOST PEOPLE STILL REFER TO HIM AS WONDERBREAD HE-MAN despite YOUR EFFORTS! WHAT is this a dictatorship??? As far as proof is concerned just OPEN YOUR EYES we have 3 eamples of bagged MYSTERY he man and mine which remaines UN-OPEN and THE TOP TOY GRADERS IN THE WORLD SAY ITS AUTHENTIC WITH THE LAZER GUN over you! AND I WOULD SAY IM FAR MORE QUALIFIED TO JUDGE TOYS OVER YOU CONSIDERING ITS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!!! EAT IT jcv3!
    Dude, can i ask what makes you so much more qualified than everyone else to make all these claims??

& don't tell me you work at a Toy r Us
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

That is what a FEW people agreed apon to call him Savage He-Man, I WOULD SAY MOST PEOPLE STILL REFER TO HIM AS WONDERBREAD HE-MAN despite YOUR EFFORTS! WHAT is this a dictatorship??? As far as proof is concerned just OPEN YOUR EYES we have 3 eamples of bagged MYSTERY he man and mine which remaines UN-OPEN and THE TOP TOY GRADERS IN THE WORLD SAY ITS AUTHENTIC WITH THE LAZER GUN over you! AND I WOULD SAY IM FAR MORE QUALIFIED TO JUDGE TOYS OVER YOU CONSIDERING ITS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!!! EAT IT jcv3!
    Yelling at Site Administrators won't help
    As far as you being far more qualified, more power to you if you believe so.
    People on this forum know better

I think it's clear from that post that we can all see what gmkalos is about.

I think a lesson learned here folks is to do as a much research as you can before making a hefty purchase on a figure with unknown origins.
    Never buy into the hype and purchase a figure because you think it's something it hasn't been verified to be.
    We have this thread here for a reason: to inform collectors and fans about this figure.

Like I explained to gmkalos, the fans chose to call this figure Savage He-Man for our own reference. He has no actual known name or title, and that's what the fans assigned him since the Wonder Bread myth has been debunked and we don't want to perpetuate a rumor.

AFA is a grading company. They are good folks, but all they know is what we know and we've been researching this figure longer than anyone and have worked directly with ToyFare and Mattel on the matter and have all come up empty.

If anyone out there wants to buy a Savage (or Unknown, or Mystery) He-Man, please do so based on the evidence we've collected over the years.
    Be careful when anyone claims it was from Wonder Bread, or that it bagged, or that it came with certain weapons, or that it came with a coupon, etc.
    There is still no proof to support any of that.

I know I've personally invested a lot of time trying to figure out what this figure is and where it came from.
    I really hope we'll uncover the mystery one day! But until then, I hope everyone will be safe with their collecting.

I think demanding the use of the term Savage he-man offers little value or protection. I mean, Mattel itself made an homage to it by calling the exclusive sub figure Wundar, and then put some Wonderbread style dots on the figure's outfit. That in itself makes "Wonderbread He-man" pretty fair game. Not saying that it *was* a Wonderbread giveaway, but I'm just saying that if anything, the name isn't less valid than "Savage He-man" just because you'd like it to be. Some fans call it "Savage He-man" others like me will call it "Wonderbread He-man" forever... even if we find out that it was a promotion from Nature's Pride instead. So.. *some* fans chose to call it "Savage." I don't, and personally think it doesn't really matter... even if people are losing money to scammers.

That said, it's fair to give a new member some grief if you think his motives are suspect, but giving him a tough time about his choice of nomenclature of a figure without a name does seem a little heavy handed.
    Good Trader List:

mahuti:

Around Org we really are steering clear of any misleading names. And we'll be editing posts accordingly, even if some folks don't like that. It's about doing the little we can to help the community as a whole. It's not about stepping on the toes of any one person. You're right, it is heavy-handed and my apologies in advanced as I know a few folks have been and will be a bit irritated by that.

Mattel doing Wun-Dar and your example of them doing it are part of the reasons I feared that decision: people try to use Wun-Dar as validation of the rumor in some way.

While you are fully aware of the story, many are not. And anything we can do to help erase a very old and misleading rumor, the better.
    That gives less material for scam artists and misleading sellers to use outside of He-Man.org. When fans come come here and see the Wonder Bread name has been rejected, it immediately helps clue them in that something is amiss with this figure and hopefully they won't make a hasty purchase without further research.

So the help of all fans, including yourself, to not call it something it isn't does help. Believe it or not. And moving forward, I ask for everyone's help with this rather than debating it.
    Outside of the Org, you can call it what you want. But here on the Org, please only call it Savage He-Man (or Unknown or Mystery He-Man if you must).
    Thanks!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    WHAT is this a dictatorship??? As far as proof is concerned just OPEN YOUR EYES we have 3 eamples of bagged MYSTERY he man and mine which remaines UN-OPEN and THE TOP TOY GRADERS IN THE WORLD SAY ITS AUTHENTIC WITH THE LAZER GUN over you! AND I WOULD SAY IM FAR MORE QUALIFIED TO JUDGE TOYS OVER YOU CONSIDERING ITS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!!! EAT IT jcv3!
    Whoa! Hey, chill out gmkalos. That's uncool and uncalled for.

Sure, for years fans have called this figure Wonder Bread He-Man. I have often called it that myself, if only out of habit. But the facts are clear. Do some research in these forums. If Mattel, Toyfare and the guys behind He-Man.org found absolutely no evidence connecting this toy to Wonder Bread then what does that tell you? Your belief that it is a Wonder Bread mail-away does not make it so. If solid evidence evidence turns up some day to connect the figure to Wonder Bread or to something else entirely, then that will be awesome. Until then, please respect the wishes of the people who maintain this site. Making such angry-sounding statements only makes it seem like you either got burned on a purchase or have an agenda of your own.

Anyway, hopefully one of these days we'll know the absolute truth behind this figure. It'd be awesome to know, with 100% certainty, where the heck it came from!

Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 25, 2010 at 11:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel didn't help matters much when they named the figure Wun-Dar and had him come with a loaf of bread!

I found mine when I responded to a classified ad in the newspaper. Some people were moving and selling all their kids toys. I asked him to send me pictures of what he had, and when I saw the "Savage" He-Man I jumped on it. I wound up filling up my car with boxes and boxes of MOTU, for $120. It literally filled the trunk and the back seat, with a box on the front seat. He said he had three kids and they bought three of each of everything. They only had one "Savage" though. I didn't ask too many questions about how they acquired it though, as I didn't want to mess up the deal. I wound up selling most of the other stuff on eBay, but held on to the Savage figure.

Question for Relayer35: I was interested in your last post on here. You said the guy had bought three of everything for his children right? When you were done with the purchase and everything was said and done, was it true from what you had bought and everything was in three's? If so... and the ratio of figures being three of almost everything you bought, I think it says just a little though but some to the fact Savage He-Man wasn't something like the rest and could not just be bought at a store like the rest. Not like that is new news by any means to us ORG members, just thought it was interesting and something to think about from your post. Thanks for sharing though! Good day everyone! Hope we all had a great holiday and safe one at that.
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I did. I just didn't want to get anyone mad at me by laughing at it(I can get people mad at me by things I say on my own).

I'm glad you at least did Mr.Shokoti but I think your right, I rather not get in trouble by saying everything I feel..... I had good intentions though, promise... Just want everyone to get along

anyways, I had to much egg-nog myself to be honest! Egg-nog lattes that is! from Starbucks! Yumm!
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer35 View Post
    I found mine when I responded to a classified ad in the newspaper. Some people were moving and selling all their kids toys.
    You lucky pup!
    When did that happen, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by lofftap View Post
    anyways, I had to much egg-nog myself to be honest! Egg-nog lattes that is! from Starbucks! Yumm!
    I'm a big egg nog guy, but those just don't taste right to me.
    But, if ya like it, hey, ya like it!