Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1052

Thread: What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

A road trip last weekend with the wife placed this back on my brain... Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days

Also Haim's first album, best shown by Falling...

Electric Guest's American Daydream comes to me a lot at random...

I've been playing a lot of Upsahl over the past few months, but the past week I've focused on this one...

Lots of Kid Cudi's latest album and this video dropped a few days ago...
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Gretchen Peters recently gave 150 free song downloads to her fans on Bandcamp to commemorate the anniversary of her debut album Secret Of Life. That's what I'm listening to.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Gretchen Peters recently gave 150 free song downloads to her fans on Bandcamp to commemorate the anniversary of her debut album Secret Of Life. That's what I'm listening to.
    Nice. I love free music so I would listen if there's a lot of song to indulge in. Especially for my sleeping playlist for relaxation

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar

DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

I've been listening to and watching the videos posted by Suzy Bogguss on her Suzy's Inner Circle website.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I'm turning into my dad/Boomer style.

Bee Gees - Guilty

Rod Stewart - I was just Joking

Weird al & George Harrison - What is Life.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Tomorrow morning I will be attending an online concert and chat with lovely and talented Amy Grant who will be performing her entire Heart In Motion album plus some extra songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Tomorrow morning I will be attending an online concert and chat with lovely and talented Amy Grant who will be performing her entire Heart In Motion album plus some extra songs.
    Oh, wow... that is a name that I haven't seen in ages. I had that album on cassette. Really dug her voice at the time.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Oh, wow... that is a name that I haven't seen in ages. I had that album on cassette. Really dug her voice at the time.
    It was an absolutely magical show, and I wish it were on DVD to be loved and cherished forever. Amy is still as beautiful and talented as ever.

01. 1980 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock by U2
    02. 1980 - I Will Follow by U2
    03. 1983 - New Year's Day by U2
    04. 1983 - Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2
    05. 1984 - Pride (In The Name Of Love) by U2
    06. 2004 - Everybody's Changing by Keane
    07. 2004 - Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
    08. 2006 - Is It Any Wonder by Keane
    09. 2012 - Silenced By The Night by Keane
    10. 2019 - The Way I Feel by Keane

01. 1987 - With Or Without You by U2
    02. 1987 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2
    03. 1987 - Where The Streets Have No Name by U2
    04. 1988 - Desire by U2
    05. 1988 - Angel Of Harlem by U2

01. 1991 - Mysterious Ways by U2
    02. 1991 - One by U2
    03. 1991 - Even Better Than The Real Thing by U2
    04. 1991 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses by U2
    05. 1998 - Sweetest Thing by U2

01. 2000 - Beautiful Day by U2
    02. 2000 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of by U2
    03. 2000 - Elevation by U2
    04. 2000 - Walk On by U2
    05. 2004 - Vertigo by U2

The Clover/Elvis Presley/She is the King - Bossa Nova, Baby.

Keane sounds like U2 to me. I thought they were U2 when I heard their music and didn't know who was performing.

I absolutely love Martina McBride, and I'm listening to a few of her previously unreleased songs from her Hits And More album.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Keane sounds like U2 to me. I thought they were U2 when I heard their music and didn't know who was performing.
    I only like 4 U2 Albums, that is
    • The Joshua Tree
    • All That You Can't Leave Behind
    • How to Dismantle Atomic Bomb
    • No Line on the Horizon

The middle 2 were the soundtrack of my high school years, and No Line and Joshua Tree is just reflection on life on how to keep on the toes and reflects what things going to be in the future.

in retrospect, I believe those album are good due for Brian Eno and co were the producers of the records. The producers and songwriters in the 4 album is regard as auteur for me.

Holding Out For A Hero - Melissa Benoist & Becca Tobin featuring scenes from Supergirl.

I got the new Angels and Airwaves album, Lifeforms, and as expected it's excellent.

I gotta say, I was never an absolutely huge fan of Blink-182 - I have a few of their albums, but it's not my very favorite type of music, or my favorite pop punk band... or maybe they are, I don't know. Anyways, I feel like Tom brought his game to a whole other level when he jumped ship and started AVA. From a musical craftsmanship standpoint, it's simply no contest. At its best their music hearkens back to that really early, really excellent U2 stuff from the 80s. Same power and texture, too. With just enough electronica elements mixed in so that it enriches the music but doesn't overpower it. So far "Timebomb", "Euphoria", and "Rebel Girl" are my favorites from this one.

The song "Euphoria" is full of F-bombs so I wasn't sure if I should post a link to it, but anyone curious can easily find it themselves anyways. It's a good one, though.

I like Blink, but I really, really love AVA. I'm glad they put this one out on CD; a couple of their albums and EPs were only on vinyl (or digital), I believe, and that just plain annoys me. At least this one came out on disc. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; October 21, 2021 at 09:54am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Here is a beautiful new solo acoustic version of Susanna Hoffs performing Manic Monday.

I puke inside my mouth a bit whenever I hear U2 mentioned.

I love this new pop version of Some Day My Prince Will Come from Disney's Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs by Tiffany Thornton.

Mud Will Be Flung Tonight (comedy album), Diva Las Vegas, and Kiss My Brass by Bette Midler.

The Music Of DC Comics: 75TH Anniversary 1 & 2, Batman '66 (movie and series soundtrack), Batman: Brave And The Bold - Mayhem Of The Music Meister soundtrack, and LEGO Batman soundtrack.

Xena: Warrior Princess - The Bitter Suite and Lyre Lyre, Hearts On Fire soundtracks.

Disney live action soundtracks for Beauty And The Beast and Aladdin.

Heroic Warrior
    A little off-topic but the people in this thread would be the ones who would know... I hoping someone can identify a song that I heard part of at work. The only thing I can identify is that the backing track heavily sampled the Munsters theme song. Anyone know?...
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

I've been listening to a lot of AFI the last few days. I may have mentioned this once or twice, but I actually met them back in 1997 when they opened for Offspring. Super nice guys. Every record they've done has some of my favorite songs of all time.

I really like how they never do the same album back to back. Some people hate that, and gave up on them altogether after Sing the Sorrow came out, but I find that silly.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA