Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    01. 1990 - Because I Love You (The Postman Song) by Stevie B
    02. 1990 - One More Try by Timmy T
    03. 1992 - Maria by TKA
    04. 1992 - It Can't Be Forever by Ephraim Lewis
    05. 1992 - Drowning In Your Eyes by Ephraim Lewis
    06. 1992 - Sleeping Satellite by Tasmin Archer
    07. 1992 - Love U More by Sunscreem
    08. 1993 - Regular Thang by Ovis
    09. 1994 - This Is The Last Time by Laura Enea
    10. 1994 - Neon Moonlight by Rosco Martinez
    11. 1994 - Bury My Lovely by October Project
    12. 1994 - Gentleman Who Fell by Milla Jovovich
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; May 14, 2022 at 03:44am.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    The Rage Judas Priest

Hand In Hand David R. Maracle

Knife In The Back Twisted Sister

Tension Blue Man Group

Chemical Insomnia Epica

Wheel Of Fortune Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Hans Zimmer soundtrack

Final Confrontation Spider-Man - Danny Elfman soundtrack

Twisted Tail Of The Comet Newsted

Cunla Gaelic Storm

Charger Gorillaz feat. Grace Jones

The Answer Dream Theater

Divide And Conquer Shockwave

Farewell Blade Runner - Vangelis soundtrack

Hall Of The Mountain King Savatage

Festival Coronation March, For Orchestra In D Major Tchaikovsky

Swing The Mood Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers

Pride And Joy Marvin Gaye

Kokomo The Beach Boys

Sonata In Darkness The Batman - Michael Giacchino soundtrack

Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton

The Darkest Day Independence Day - David Arnold soundtrack

The Bridge Fight The Nutcracker And The Four Realms - James Newton Howard soundtrack

Accu-Flashback Kung Fu Panda - Hans Zimmer soundtrack

Magic Carpet Ride Steppenwolf
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I stepped out of my current album rotation for a few random tracks. This Panic! trio of songs were released on different albums, but the videos make up a narrative.

The last video reminded me of this Lil Nas X video, which is similar but different...

Which led to possibly my favorite LNX video

Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Because of a very recent chat with lovely Meredith Brooks, I am going to listen to her next as she has truly inspired me. I can't post her most famous song, because it has a title that I don't think the boards will allow (it's a five letter word that starts with B), but she has many other amazing songs that I can post.

"Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I don't know why I needed a day of Johnny Cash, but I just rolled with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Because of a very recent chat with lovely Meredith Brooks, I am going to listen to her next as she has truly inspired me. I can't post her most famous song, because it has a title that I don't think the boards will allow (it's a five letter word that starts with B), but she has many other amazing songs that I can post.
    Always liked that song... dunno why I never really followed up on the rest of her catalogue.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post

Always liked that song... dunno why I never really followed up on the rest of her catalogue.
    You really should, Meredith Brooks is amazing! I have all her albums!

Meredith is famous for her song ***** from her Blurring The Edges album. However, she has released many other wonderful albums including Deconstruction, Bad Bad One (later re-released as Shine), her delightful children's album If I Could Be and an early release called See It Through My Eyes.

On Deconstruction, Meredith performed a song with the wonderful Queen Latifah, called Lay Down (Candles In The Rain).

Meredith also released an album called Perfect View with Charlotte Caffey (from The Go-Go's) and Gia Ciambotti. They called themselves The Graces and I have to say it is one of my all-time favourite albums!

Meredith sings lead on Fear No Love and Should I Let You In (previously recorded by Belinda Carlisle), she sings a duet with Gia Ciambotti called 50,000 Candles Burning, and together with Charlotte and Gia, they perform Tomorrow and Out In The Fields as a trio. The last song was co-written with Belinda Carlisle and the bulk of the songs were penned by Charlotte Caffey.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

You really should, Meredith Brooks is amazing! I have all her albums!

Meredith is famous for her song ***** from her Blurring The Edges album. However, she has released many other wonderful albums including Deconstruction, Bad Bad One (later re-released as Shine), her delightful children's album If I Could Be and an early release called See It Through My Eyes.

On Deconstruction, Meredith performed a song with the wonderful Queen Latifah, called Lay Down (Candles In The Rain).

Meredith also released an album called Perfect View with Charlotte Caffey (from The Go-Go's) and Gia Ciambotti. They called themselves The Graces and I have to say it is one of my all-time favourite albums!

Meredith sings lead on Fear No Love and Should I Let You In (previously recorded by Belinda Carlisle), she sings a duet with Gia Ciambotti called 50,000 Candles Burning, and together with Charlotte and Gia, they perform Tomorrow and Out In The Fields as a trio. The last song was co-written with Belinda Carlisle and the bulk of the songs were penned by Charlotte Caffey.
    I'll try to work her into our music listening sessions sometime this week and see how it goes!

For now, I'm back to my current regular rotation dominated by the most recent Pusha T album.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    12. 1994 - Gentleman Who Fell by Milla Jovovich
    Memory unlocked! I totally forgot about this song! Adding this into one of our listening nights, too!
    Last edited by AlexApprobation; May 16, 2022 at 06:37pm. Reason: I saw the Milla mention and had to comment on it

I don't know why I needed a day of Johnny Cash, but I just rolled with it...
    I always love Johnny Cash covering Soundgarden's Rusty Cage. Him and Marilyn Manson introduced me to Gothic Country/Denver Sound/Southern Gothic.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I'll try to work her into our music listening sessions sometime this week and see how it goes!
    Here are a couple more of Meredith Brooks songs to check out, including her duet 50,000 Candles Burning with Gia Ciambotti and the song Should I Let You In which was first performed by Belinda Carlisle.

Last edited by Mikey; May 17, 2022 at 09:27pm.

Today, May 20 is the birthday for both Jane Wiedlin and Susan Cowsill!

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I always love Johnny Cash covering Soundgarden's Rusty Cage. Him and Marilyn Manson introduced me to Gothic Country/Denver Sound/Southern Gothic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrBqRb3VGM
    Pretty cool, thanks for sharing this. Rusty Cage is a Soundgarden song I know of, but I never played often... so I had to revisit the original to compare.

I like the Cash version a bit more, but both versions are decent. Google suggested this... they know my habits pretty well (for better or worse), and it was pretty cool:

Here are a couple more of Meredith Brooks songs to check out, including her duet 50,000 Candles Burning with Gia Ciambotti and the song Should I Let You In which was first performed by Belinda Carlisle.

https://youtu.be/_zgxvENLXzA
    Wrapping up the work day, but I did slide this listen in. It's a lot softer than I anticipated, but in the right headspace I can roll with it. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't as aggressive and uptempo as B****.

My wife wasn't feeling it and said it was too Country for her. It felt more Pop than Country to me, but yeah, both songs are a mix of the two genres to different degrees. Like R&B, I give a bit more leeway to female Country artists than I do men. It's just how my brain is wired and how my ears process certain tones and ranges. I still don't understand how Johnny Cash is such a major exception.

Okay, I need to log off for the day. One day I want to dedicate more time to really go through this thread and try more of everyone's suggestions.

On a Vangelis vinyl kick today. Rest in peace Mr Papathanassiou [1943-2022]

Hereís a couple tracks from 2 of the records Iím listening to:

Last edited by Glasstor; May 19, 2022 at 11:37pm.

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing this. Rusty Cage is a Soundgarden song I know of, but I never played often... so I had to revisit the original to compare.

I like the Cash version a bit more, but both versions are decent. Google suggested this... they know my habits pretty well (for better or worse), and it was pretty cool:
    Rusty Cage by Johnny Cash & Marilyn Manson's Cupid Carries a Gun is my getaway to Gothic Country music.

right now I'm feeling calm but moody. It's Marilyn Manson - Cupid Carries a Gun (Can't embed the song due for language).

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Charlotte Caffey & Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's wrote and recorded a song with Lloyd Cole, the song is called So Jill which is in honour of musician Jill Sobule, famous for her song I Kissed A Girl (not the Katy Perry version).

I love So Jill by Charlotte, Lloyd and Jane!