Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1209

Thread: What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

This may sound bonkers but I'm really hooked on the MasterChef theme song!

- - - Updated - - -

Amy Grant has released a special new version of Turn This World Around from her Behind The Eyes 25TH Anniversary album new release, plus a whole bunch of new demos and extra previously unreleased songs on YouTube!

"Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Dream Theater - The Count of Tuscany.

It just one of the songs that keep me in peace, overwhelm with nostalgia, and bringing smile upon my face. Everytime I hear it? It just zapped me back to my childhood by the choice of notes they are playing.

Liquid Tension Experiment - Rhapsody in Blue.

they played it for the first time in 2008, Guess which section inspired Dream Theater's epic?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

A selection of fabulous musicians recently performed a concert to celebrate the TV series Stranger Things. It is the Stranger Things Concert Live From The Upside Down and the guest musicians were The Go-Go's (Belinda Carlisle, Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin, Kathy Valentine & Gina Schock), Corey Hart, Soft Cell & Charli XCX!

My favourite part (The Go-Go's of course) comes approximately 19:00 minutes into the concert.

"Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Amy Grant has released a special new version of Turn This World Around from her Behind The Eyes 25TH Anniversary album new release, plus a whole bunch of new demos and extra previously unreleased songs on YouTube!
    I'm glad that Amy is hanging in there. So much of her original fanbase disowned her after her divorce and remarriage, as well as ironically her mainstream successes. I didn't feel she deserved that.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    I'm glad that Amy is hanging in there. So much of her original fanbase disowned her after her divorce and remarriage. I didn't feel she deserved that.
    I absolutely agree that Amy Grant didn't deserve that kind of hate and heartlessness. I've been a fan of Amy since my youth and I will never give up on her or her music. I have around 40 favourite musicians/bands and a large proportion of my CD collection are Amy's albums, I have them ALL, plus her book Mosaic...Pieces Of My Life So Far, her music video and concert DVD's, and her movie, A Song From The Heart in which she plays a blind cellist and music teacher.

I only really listen to 80's music. The stuff I grew up with.

I've mostly been listening to the same albums I mentioned over the past few pages. Been super busy, so I haven't had time to try anything new... until today!

I saw this reaction video to an Em and Snoop collab in my subs...

So I had to check out the real thing!

Earlier I saw a meme that was comparing the features of Nala from the Lion King to Nigerian singer Tems, so I made a note to check her out. I dig her stuff!

Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Casualties of Cool (Devin Townsend & Ché Aimee Dorval band) - Mountain Top.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    A little Gil Scott Heron and some Lost Poets for today
    nope

San Francisco Symphonic Orchestra & Metallica (S&M1) - Wherever I may Roam

National anthem for roamer & touring musicians.

This Cardi B & Kanye single dropped a few days ago...

Amazing retro 80's inspired beat, but besides a few 80's related references the lyrics were wack, derivative, and felt phoned in. I expected much more from these two artists.

To wash that out of my ears, I went back to Pusha T... I played the whole album as usual, but I'll only add this as a representation...

While the Pusha T album is still very heavy on my regular rotation, everything else is starting to fall by the wayside. That means I need some albums to take their places. I think Tems is going to take one of those slots. I'm really vibing with her stuff.

I finally gave Post Malone's new album a try. I really dig the Amazon Listening Experience format...

Overall decent stuff, but nothing that really pulled me in. I'll give the album a few more spins over the next few weeks and see what happens.

I finally got around to Kendrick Lamar's most recent album, represented in this one video as I think it's the only single for the album thus far...

Like Post Malone's album, it was decent but didn't connect with me super strongly from the first listen. So I will also give this one a few more spins over the next few weeks and see if my perspective changes any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwCRnqQ2it8

San Francisco Symphonic Orchestra & Metallica (S&M1) - Wherever I may Roam

National anthem for roamer & touring musicians.
    Such a great rendition of this song. The double album as a whole is really good. A very cool experiment that worked out very well!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

My wife was curious to see if the Lost in Vegas guys covered any Aerosmith. After a quick search, this was the only one I found:

She prefers the albums they did before this one, so she didn't care for this song. We both were surprised at how much I loved it. I've kinda liked or got used to Aerosmith songs over the years, but I never really fully explored their full catalogue. So I've been inspired to do that.

But first, I had to check out the heavy metal cover of the song...

I thought I'd enjoy it, but I didn't. Even being newer and harder, it lacked the soul and charm of the original. I've only heard Testament stuff here and there over the years... I might have to do a deeper dive on them one day.

I gave the "Rocks" album a shot...

It was kinda uneven. Nothing was as amazing as "Nobody's Fault," but a few came close... and some others were just s'right. I don't think I totally hated anything tho.

And for posterity, the song itself without commentary or interruptions:

Beth Nielsen Chapman has released a new single With Time from her new album Crazy Town which will be released in September.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The Suzy Bogguss online concert was amazing, she started with Outbound Plane and ended with Red River Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    My wife was curious to see if the Lost in Vegas guys covered any Aerosmith. After a quick search, this was the only one I found:
    Is it weird that Hip Hop heads willing to branch their view and knowledge into Heavy Metal and Hard Rock music but not the other way around for the metalheads.

I'm anticipating more singles being released by Beth Nielsen Chapman in the months before her album Crazy Town album is released in September. I am eager to hear her new song Put A Woman In Charge.

I'm hoping for more sneak peeks of songs from Susan Cowsill's new album Rhythm Of The World which also debuts in September.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Lovin' You Minnie Riperton

Out There Tom Hulce & Tony Jay - The Hunchback Of Notre Dame soundtrack

All Star Smash Mouth - Shrek soundtrack

The Na-Na Song Sheryl Crow

Whoever Brings The Night Nightwish

We Built Our Own World Inception - Hans Zimmer soundtrack

Again Lenny Kravitz

Any Woman Terri Clark

Walk Right Now The Jacksons

The Trooper Iron Maiden

The How Works Avengers: Endgame - Alan Silvestri soundtrack

Mother And Son Trans-Siberian Orchestra

7 Days To The Wolves (Orchestral Version) Nightwish

Sapper's Tree Blade Runner 2049 - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch soundtrack

He-Man (Main Theme "Full Version") He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe - Shuki Levy, Haim Saban, Erika Lane soundtrack

I Thought I Knew You Gaelic Storm

Another Tattoo Weird Al Yankovic

The Ministry Of Lost Souls Dream Theater

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Julie Andrews & **** Van **** - Mary Poppins soundtrack

Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047- Allegro assai Johann Sebastian Bach

Resign To Surrender: A New Age Dawns, Part IV Epica

Treaty Twilight - Carter Burwell soundtrack

Love Don't Love You En Vogue

Alright Electric Light Orchestra

Dedicated To The One I Love The Mamas & The Papas

The Mystical Master Dies The Dark Crystal - Trevor Jones soundtrack

Tulou Tagaloa Olivia Foa'i - Moana soundtrack

Whatever Happens Michael Jackson

Kitten Theme Pinocchio - Leigh Harline soundtrack

Unite Beastie Boys

Future World Helloween

Ira Schrader Overwhelming Colorfast

Goro's Theme Bird Peterson

The Rumble West Side Story - Leonard Bernstein soundtrack

The Long Journey David R. Maracle

The End Game Avengers: Infinity War - Alan Silvestri soundtrack

Open Your Eyes Alter Bridge

Edge Of Thorns (Savatage Cover) Powerwolf

Whip It Devo

All Apologies Nirvana

Mosolov: The Iron Foundry, Op. 19 (Live) Metallica and The San Francisco Symphony

Groovin' The Young Rascals

Adagio For Tron TRON: Legacy - Daft Punk soundtrack

I Wanna Be Free The Monkees

Plan The Transformers - Robert J. Walsh soundtrack

The Mycroft Suite Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows - Hans Zimmer soundtrack

Not Human (El Que No Es Humano) Pan's Labyrinth - Javier Navarrette soundtrack

Simplicity Gorillaz feat. Joan As Police Woman

The Parting Glass The Clancy Brothers

Working My Way Back To You The Four Seasons
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Scorpions - We'll Burn the Sky
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    01. 1983 - When I'm With You by Sheriff
    02. 1984 - All I Need by Jack Wagner
    03. 1984 - After All by Al Jarreau
    04. 1986 - I'll Be Over You by Toto
    05. 1987 - She's Like The Wind by Patrick Swayze
    06. 1987 - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros
    07. 1987 - Hands To Heaven by Breathe
    08. 1988 - I Don't Wanna Live Without You by Foreigner
    09. 1990 - More Than Words by Alias
    10. 1991 - More Than Words by Extreme
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; August 1, 2022 at 07:22pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Been on vacation, so been listening to a lot of fun randomness that's all starting to escape me now.

My wife remembered this song from her childhood and it's what she thinks of whenever she hears the name, "Maria."

I'm really surprised at how much I dig it!

There was a "Rock" night were a not so great cover band did mostly Creed songs. It was cringe, yet also kinda funny. We'll use this one to represent that...

This Soca Boys song was played pretty often and was great to get you hyped, yet still chill...

I only know the name and artist for this one as it's one that I Shazam'd, but yeah, this was also pretty popular all week...

Cutting away from vacation sounds, this is one of the new songs that really impressed me while we've been back...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it weird that Hip Hop heads willing to branch their view and knowledge into Heavy Metal and Hard Rock music but not the other way around for the metalheads.
    Hmmmm, good question! So I pretty much love all music except Country and 90s/00s R&B, so I'm usually able to enjoy the variety with my family and friends. And when it's something I love that my immediate circle doesn't dig, it just makes me venture out towards those that do. Scaling back from my perspective and trying to think objectively of my friends who greatly prefer Hip Hop/Rap or Rock/Metal... they tend to have slight open minds for other things, but yeah... I guess my Rock/Metal friends do mostly stay strong in those genres more. Especially the extreme hardcore Deathcore, Doom, etc fans.

I went through a phase late in high school and then into college where I became very interested in rap/Hip hop, especially the instrumental portion. I'd been nothing but metal and harder prior to that. It became all I listened to.

I just plain got tired of it. These days I'll occasionally hear a track that sounds unique that I will like but for the most part I don't get into it much.

However, besides that, I've significantly grown in my interest of almost all other music. I couldn't call myself a metalhead at all with the wide array of music I listen to daily. I'm so behind that I find new stuff all the time that's been out forever that become instant favorites.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I went through a phase late in high school and then into college where I became very interested in rap/Hip hop, especially the instrumental portion. I'd been nothing but metal and harder prior to that. It became all I listened to.

I just plain got tired of it. These days I'll occasionally hear a track that sounds unique that I will like but for the most part I don't get into it much.

However, besides that, I've significantly grown in my interest of almost all other music. I couldn't call myself a metalhead at all with the wide array of music I listen to daily. I'm so behind that I find new stuff all the time that's been out forever that become instant favorites.
    Pretty cool and yeah, that can happen where you veer in and out of genres.

I feel you on forever being behind on stuff you want to listen to!

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    80s songs with names that end in the letter a.

01. 1981 - Elvira by Oak Ridge Boys
    02. 1983 - Think of Laura by Christopher Cross
    03. 1985 - Who’s Holding Donna Now by Debarge
    04. 1985 - Oh Sheila by Ready For The World
    05. 1983 - Gloria by Laura Branigan
    06. 1984 - Panama by Van Halen
    07. 1982 - Rosanna by Toto
    08. 1983 - Joanna by Kool & the Gang
    09. 1985 - Sara by Starship
    10. 1986 - Amanda by Boston
    11. 1985 - Nikita by Elton John
    12. 1987 - Luka by Suzanne Vega