Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull Assembly Tips and Questions

Castle Grayskull Assembly Tips and Questions

Ok, I want the handle on, but I still want to be able to take it off, so I figured out this:

(Now I wouldn't lift the castle by the handle after you pulled the three screws out, but for looks you can now put it on and take it off easy.)

Nice work He-Bro! An important heads up. Hoping not too many people snap it in not realizing it doesn't pop off like the top peg of the castle does.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Pixel Dan said so in his video review, but HOW difficult is it to remove the handle? Near-impossible difficult? Easy-to-break difficult?

It looks like it pops on like Granamyrs limbs. Probably tabs on the handle that snap over the peg and close around it making it get difficult to pop on and off.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Great tip! I definitely need to fit this back in the box.

I'm glad somebody with patience sat for a minute to get a game plan. Mine would be slapped together already.

Getting screwdriver ready

Great idea! Now we can have the best of both worlds! Thanks

Good to know; thanks Buddy!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

well, even if you put the handle on, you could still take out the screws and take the handle off. It is just a matter of which order you want to do it in is all.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    well, even if you put the handle on, you could still take out the screws and take the handle off. It is just a matter of which order you want to do it in is all.
    Are the screws visible from the opposite side of the CG handle? I'm guessing so, and not calling you out. I just don't have it yet, and I like this option better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Are the screws visible from the opposite side of the CG handle? I'm guessing so, and not calling you out. I just don't have it yet, and I like this option better.
    The Handle covers the screws after it's installed, you have to do it first. But hey, do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    The Handle covers the screws after it's installed, you have to do it first. But hey, do what you want.
    Werd werd. They probably just don't have it yet and were speculating.

Thanks again!

Well if you did attach the handle piece and now you want to get it off, there's 8 screws holding the handle piece together, it seems if you undo those you could pull the handle piece in half and the be able to reach the 3 screws holding the pegs on. If you haven't attached the handle piece yet, it would definitely be easier to remove the three pegs first.

Thanks for the tip He-bro, I think I'll be doing that.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

well then i stand corrected. I would have thought that the handle attached around each part.

I had thought the handle snaps in from the top, not the side. This makes sense now.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Ok, I want the handle on, but I still want to be able to take it off, so I figured out this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...elocks2013.jpg

(Now I wouldn't lift the castle by the handle after you pulled the three screws out, but for looks you can now put it on and take it off easy.)
    Awesome. Thanks He-bro!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

as all have said, great tip. Thanks for making it. I dont know that I'd ever need to take the thing off, and I may just eventually snap it into place for good.

But I prefer to have all options on the table, and I see me doing this at least initially. Does the wall stay on well enough for display purposes (not using as a handle) without the screwtabs? Or would a good knock topple the wall off?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    as all have said, great tip. Thanks for making it. I dont know that I'd ever need to take the thing off, and I may just eventually snap it into place for good.

But I prefer to have all options on the table, and I see me doing this at least initially. Does the wall stay on well enough for display purposes (not using as a handle) without the screwtabs? Or would a good knock topple the wall off?
    It stays on well.

Thanks for the heads-up He-Bro!

Awesome tip He-Bro, I just took the castle out of its box, and I would definitely do this little trick tomorrow morning before I put it on display.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Nice! Thank you!
    "..."

I won't be using the handle anyway, but thanks for the tip in case I ever change my mind.
    -KTC

My FREE MOTU stories:

MOTU: The Bloodline Trilogy

Cool I'm glad I could help. My friend Steve said you can take it off after you put it on by taking all the screws out of the handle, then opening it up, then pulling off the 3 screws that I have in the pictures, but what a pain.

(I didn't try the latter myself)

Widget

Missing Grayskull Pawn? Check behind the Throne!

I'm hoping I didn't miss anything, but I don't seem to have received a pawn with my castle. Anyone else missing theirs, or have I somehow overlooked it? I've dug through my packaging twice now.

I've heard of one other person missing their pawn so far.

Hi! My Minaret piece was the last thing I found, it was located way back behind the throne, lodged in the Castle's right cheek in a separate plastic bag. I hope that Yours turns up..?

is there a pic of this item?
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!