Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the perfect MOTU game would be (rpg,fighting ect...)?

I would love an old school side scroller. Totally 80s NES style......

I'd love to see a MOTU game with the same approach as the Arkham City games.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

I'd like a good animated graphic Street Fighter type game. I would prefer it not be 3d animation, just the good ole Toon like Graphics. Street Fighter IV was pretty allright, but a more 90's typical side to side fighter with as many characters programmed in as possible.

In today's world, it could go like Injustice from DC, with new character's and skins being offered as DLC. Heck, I'd even accept a game just like that, with Masters of The Universe.

Lovingly detailed animations, and unique powersets and attacks. Really capture the characters.

That's what I'd love.

I like the idea of a X-Men legends style game. Different characters from all the different factions going on mission style adventures battling everything from the Horde, Snake Men and Skeletor's forces. That's the first one. The second can also follow the X-Men legends style but with more villains as playable characters and one of the bosses can be Spector. A game like Symphony of the Night could work as well with He-Man going in to Grayskull after all the heroic warriors have been kidnapped and it's up to He-Man without the powers of Grayskull to save the heroic warriors(unlockable characters) and restore the power of Grayskull to its proper place.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would love an old school side scroller. Totally 80s NES style......
    I'd gotta agree and disagree with this post. A side scroller would be amazing, but I'd rather they do it with next-gen graphics. Something like Deadlight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vf_8115GIw That would be awesome. Give it unlockable characters, a bunch of secret areas to explore, lots of bosses, power ups, weapon upgrades... I'd buy that.

And to get the most out of the game, I'd have some areas where you'd need to use someone other than He-Man. Of course you'd use He-Man most of the game, but I'd have some stages where you'd need to use Man-At-Arms, Teela, Ram-Man, etc. Even a Battle Cat stage, why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and by the way, no cutesy game like the iPad/Android one. I'd make this one pretty serious.

nothing too violent like a fighter.no mmo style gameplay.
    i imagine a mix of legend of mana with ability to collect characters and switch them out as in final fantasy three's airship. could still include vehicles to ride in randomly generated maps and flexible diablo 3 skill trees. single player with seperate multiplayer story that offers gameplay elements you wont find in single player.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; December 29, 2013 at 02:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I'd gotta agree and disagree with this post. A side scroller would be amazing, but I'd rather they do it with next-gen graphics. Something like Deadlight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vf_8115GIw That would be awesome. Give it unlockable characters, a bunch of secret areas to explore, lots of bosses, power ups, weapon upgrades... I'd buy that.

And to get the most out of the game, I'd have some areas where you'd need to use someone other than He-Man. Of course you'd use He-Man most of the game, but I'd have some stages where you'd need to use Man-At-Arms, Teela, Ram-Man, etc.

Oh, and by the way, no cutesy game like the iPad/Android one. I'd make this one pretty serious.
    I agree. I was thinking on the lines of what they did with Ducktales myself.

I think there's enough material for more than one type of game.

Personally I'd love to see an Injustice fighter type platform for MotU with expansion packs and purchasing content galore.

I'm afraid (err..my wallet is) of a Skylander/Disney Infinity type game because of the vast array of characters and powers/abilities that are available to be purchased individually.
    Erase your mind.

Do the Muscle Man dance!

A guy over on the mattycollector forum just made a side scrooler He-man game that was pretty fun. It us still in the early stages of development but was fun.
    Last edited by Lipster; December 29, 2013 at 10:32pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Fighting for sure! Check out this thread I created a while back: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t=soul+calibur

Playing Soul Calibur 5 reignited my love of MOTU and brought me back to the Org after years of absence!
    Seconded! I think MOTU fits in perfectly with that style game. Start with a cast of like 30-40 vintage masters, then add-on expansions for Filmation, POP, NA, etc... to get that collectible component, and throw in a good create a master mode for the customizers.

I would like to see something like skyrim, only many people can join in like a fable type. the ability to take over Grayskul, whether playing as good or bad. imagine your chosen character siting at the throne of Grayskull. and spying on enemys, from afar from a magic orb. computer terminals butons and levers, and many different ways to attack the enemy from the heavily fortified walls of Grayskull. includeing, and not limited to flying point dread, fireing lazers, from the top of Grayskull.other online players could try to call you out massive battle royall or one on one He man Skelertor for control of the castle.
    Last edited by braxsis364; January 1, 2014 at 11:12am.

Here is a link to the game I was mentioning.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/7221089458

The Creator is bWWd and the game is worth the play. Hopefully he keeps adding to it.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I'd like to see a game line X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'm not a fan of fighting games or first person shooters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

There are several things they could do with the franchise. A classic style arcade beat em up with 4-6 characters would work real well, I really like what Zeboyd did with their own games and the Penny Arcade franchise with their retro style rpgs that I think could also do well and be a 'cheap app' on most smart devices.

Since we already got one game that's a side scroller I would like to see something else. I do think going with a more retro feel would serve the game better that a modern feel (you could still have modern ways of leveling up etc though).

I know at one point there was a fan RPG being made with RPG maker on the forums not sure what happened with that. I think if done right a fan project could make a good 2-3 games.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    They need to create something that will introduce the line to a new generation. I would like to see some smaller statue figures that can be tied into video game, much like Skylanders. MOTU needs kids to get involved again.
    I want more army builders, Dragon Blaster Faker and world peace! And yes, I want them in that order.

Shenmue meets Arkham City meets God of War meets Zelda WInd Waker meets ps2 Rygar.

Plus some original stuff thrown in. I wish i had the connections the motu game I'd make would RULE
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    They need to create something that will introduce the line to a new generation. I would like to see some smaller statue figures that can be tied into video game, much like Skylanders. MOTU needs kids to get involved again.
    About the time Skylanders came out mattel invested in some aptivity figures for Hot Wheels and Monster High, and maybe Barbie that all ended up getting discounted or some such. So mattel has a bit of reason to be gun shy with the concept. If done well it would be great, if not it puts us in worse. Worse being even longer before they risk something again.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hy-Man View Post
    Action-Adventure with slight RPG-aspects. Think Darksiders I & II, or Zelda.
    That's what I'd love to see.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    Skylander/Disney Infinity type game because of the vast array of characters and powers/abilities that are available to be purchased individually.
    Awesomest idea! I'd also love a fighter or rpg. Anything as long as it's well made really.

Heroic Warrior
    MOTU would be awesome as video game if handled properly. I would love a huge roster of character like Marvel Alliance or the Marvel Heroes online game, and have fun drop in action and cooperative adventures across different factions, fully realized team combat, and awesome quests to take down creatures from the MOTUverse like Shigora and Shadowing.

It would just be really weird if you could have more than one of the same character on a map in a game, like in Marvel Heroes. That's why I stopped playing the Marvel MMORPG. I really liked it, for its combat, graphics and characters, but when I was fighting Juggernaut and Magneto with 3 Storms, 2 Spider-Mans and 3 Daredevils, it kind of sucked all the fantasy out of it.

I would invest heavily in a good MOTU game.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; January 1, 2014 at 05:17am.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    If it's not an RPG forget it... and those saying a side scroller THEY GOT THAT! A fighting game??? YAWN. A sandbox RPG or nothing... thanks.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Here is a link to the game I was mentioning.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/7221089458

The Creator is bWWd and the game is worth the play. Hopefully he keeps adding to it.
    100% this!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Assassin's Creed style, or Legacy of Kaine style.
    Speaking of AC, is anyone else playing the 4th one? & if so, what do you think of the one pirate that looks kinda like Sea Hawk, in it, in one of the main mission story modes?
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; January 1, 2014 at 04:57pm.
    Does Galactus fart?

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    MotU (especially 200X) would make a great Soul Calibur-style fighting game. Seeing those pics of bWWd's game, an old-school Capcom arcade beat 'em up would work, too.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

And to get the most out of the game, I'd have some areas where you'd need to use someone other than He-Man. Of course you'd use He-Man most of the game, but I'd have some stages where you'd need to use Man-At-Arms, Teela, Ram-Man, etc. Even a Battle Cat stage, why not?

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see one in the style of the current-gen side scroller "Dragon's Crown" from Vanillaware/Altus, which I currently play on my PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Crown_(video_game)