Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the perfect MOTU game would be (rpg,fighting ect...)?

Heroic Warrior
    Zelda style 3d world look game would be good. Or a God of War style would work for me too so i could see all of Eternia

No one build their hopes up... Licensed games are generally quick cash ins and historically poopy! I would like to see MOTU buck the trend and for a dev to crank out a game of Arkham Asylum/Goldeneye 64 brilliance (maybe in a movie year!) it's nice to dream, though... personally I love the idea of a 3D Zelda style game, or something God of War like...
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I like the idea of the side scrolling action RPG (Zelda II, Metroid, later Castlevania Games, etc etc) with the ability to change characters to reach secret areas or side quests.

I still like the overworld, which is why I like the Zelda II reference the most. Many later PS2 games accomplished this nicely I think.

I like more of a cartoon style as opposed to trying to be realistic. Not as silly looking as the current app, but that's trying at least.

They would need to pull in tons of reference for the standard enemies, and it's out there.

It would be interesting to see how they do boss fights, or if they even need to do them. I like them to be a little on the epic side, and side scrolling boss fights like in Mega Man are, imo, pretty weak. Maybe they all have vehicle or beast when fighting.

-- edit --

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!

This game used this shell and did a great job. If it were twice as long, it would've been a super solid solid.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; January 6, 2014 at 04:50pm.

Although I'm a big RPG fan; I can't see MOTU being an rpg or an adventure game simply because it will be based on a toy line, comics, movie..etc
    I learned from my experience with games that most of the games that were based on another media entertainment franchise (like movies, cartoons, comics..etc) either failed miserably or just faded away quickly without anyone remembering or enjoying them.
    I want to see a MOTU game that is played and enjoyed by everyone not just the fans or rpg fans.
    IMHO, I can only see MOTU being made as a fighting game. A really well done fighting game, and I'm not talking 'injustice' or 'tekken' (with all respect to their fans). I'm thinking more of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (2008). That game is perfect when it comes to characters, abilities, controls, moves, sound, and ANIMATION!!.
    Mortal Kombat story line is cheesy and not good but it's not about the story with MK. It's all about the characters and the fights. That's why MK never made it as an adventure, rpg, or anyother type of game. It's a fighting game based on multiple characters that no one cares about their adventures or stories. They just want to fight them.

MK vs DC is an amazing fighting game and the same thing could be done with MOTU. Either 'MK vs MOTU' or 'MOTU vs DC'; the later is already in a comic version.

Just imagine seeing MOTU characters on the screen fighting each other vigorously each have their own moves, capabilities, magic, shouts, weapons, etc...
    You'll be able to play and experiment each and every MOTU character from all factions (snake men, hordes, NA, POP, MOTU).
    Characters could upgrade, use different armor (Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor for eg), use weapons, call on other characters for support (Orko, Battle Cat, Skeletor calls on Hordak for a spell or something...)
    Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, freight zone, Eternia,...etc all could be used as backgrounds
    Dungeons, deserts, forests, mountains,...etc as arenas.

You can do an online VS mode, groups VS mode, tournaments...

It will be amazing. It just, IMO, needs to be done in an amazing quality like how MK vs DC was done. Not like how 'injustice' or 'tekken' was done (with respect to all fans).

On top of the core fighting engine, they could through a single player story line which could be a simple adventure type game.

Give it to NetherRealm and it will be amazing.

Just my thoughts

I've posted my ideas here about a Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Justice League Heroes style game that incorporated both MOTU and POP. I wrote a scripment for it with level descriptions, dialogue between characters, instead of four characters, you'd play with three and have a fourth one to teleport in for a special move or as a back up when one of your main guys got killed. It was kind of a play on a game mechanic in an old CCG called OverPower that featured Marvel and DC stuff. My scriptment even had an ending like X-Men Legends where Hordak is teased as a villain for a second game. Evilseed was a boss that popped up in the middle of Skeletor's big plot that spanned to Etheria and incorporated the Horde without Hordak. I definitely did my best to make sure Skeletor was cold blooded, He-Man was very overprotective of She-Ra, and even did a hard nod to Frosta's romantic interest in He-Man.

One person mentioned on the boards about taking my game idea and having a reversed mini-game where you could play as the villains in the same style and overthrow Castle Grayskull. I think that'd be fantastic. I was thinking of a 2D fighting game using the same models as the RPG and using the same simple controls for attacks and special moves. It wouldn't be an amazing fighting game like others, but you could have two genres in one game.

I was thinking of replay value and a story that just didn't exactly seem to end so you could feel like you got your money's worth. The iOS/Android game is good for what it is and seems like it's a bargain for the price. My kid's played it more than me and we still haven't beat it. If you're solely talking about gameplay and replay value, I'd want it to be something along the lines of a dungeon slasher like MUA or even like Resident Evil 4 where there were two separate side games that were just as challenging, and one was an extension of the main story. I don't think Easter eggs alone are going to make MOTU work as a video like they did with the Arkham games, but I could be wrong. I don't consider myself the target audience for games any more because I'm not into sports or the military FPS that over-saturate the market nowadays.

Regardless, I'm a doer and not a waiter when it comes to this stuff. Like my signature says, I've been making my own MOTU video games with full rosters for years now...

WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain

SoulCalibur IV

My latest completions of WWE '13

WWE '13 MOTU 20 Man Royal Rumble by wallbie

They may not be officially licensed, but you can't deny the opportunity is there to make your own MOTU game out of someone else's official property.
    Last edited by wallbie; January 7, 2014 at 10:20pm.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Star Wars Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, Batman Arkham Asylum and City, Dune 2, Goldeneye, I have heard good thing about the Warriors game, and Telltales Back to the Future and Walking Dead games, X-men Legends 1 and 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Ducktales, Spider-man 2 While in the minority there is a list of great games that were based on an existing property and I am sure I am missing several (not including ones built on an existing game system like Dungeons and Dragons etc). Now some of those games may not have been wildly popular but they were all good to great games.

Also most of those retold their own stories and only stuck to the source as necessary and were left to the developers to make a good game and didn't force them to come out with it in less time and using less money (considering license fees to begin with).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    ...and Telltales Back to the Future and Walking Dead games...great games that were based on an existing property...

Also most of those retold their own stories and only stuck to the source as necessary and were left to the developers to make a good game and didn't force them to come out with it in less time and using less money (considering license fees to begin with).
    I know I chopped up what you said, but hear me out. I've only played "The Wolf Among Us" from Telltale, and I think it's awesome. I've never read "Fables" or anything associated with it before. I actually got the first episode of this game in hopes of getting my wife into it since she's a classic fairy tale fan. Regardless, it's still a really cool gaming style and has me quite interested in "Fables". Also, I want to play TWD 1 & 2 now.

My point is: imagine Telltale doing a game based on the first four mini-comics, Alcala's comics, and even throw in Mark Texiera's stuff and you've got a really good basis for an MOTU game in that same style. I'm thinking it would be something like the Golden Book videos, but interactive and with better animation. That's probably not a really good example, but I think you can catch my drift especially if you're familiar with Telltale's style. It's very easy even for non-gaming folk to pick up and thoroughly enjoy. That's great considering not everyone into MOTU is into video games.

Alfredo Alcala's art gets my vote regardless as the inspiration/design choice to do any MOTU video game. I think it speaks for itself. Rudy Obrero get a very close second when it comes to this stuff.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

While I didn't even think of them making a game for MOTU it would work well, I have only played a demo of the Back to The Future game(s)*, but even I debated picking it up and typically not a fan of the genre. When I read up what they did with TWD and how there are timers and multiple options in many scenarios I was impressed with how well what is normally a limited style of game was being used.

For those not aware the basic genre is a point and click adventure where you scour a screen looking for stuff, but they have taken what can be a normally fairly boring game style and make it fun and entertaining.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    For me either beat-em-up w/ RPG elements like Dragon's Crown or something like Dynasty Warriors, Skylanders, or 90's Gauntlet. A la Transformers, there should be a ton of each faction playable per campaign, with DLC of the less-desired warriors:

Masters: Conquer Snake Mountain and Skeletor(final boss)
    Evil Warriors: Defeat Sorceress (final boss) and obtain Power of the Elders at Castle Grayskull
    Preternia: Conquer Snake Mountain and King Hiss (final boss)
    Snake Men: Conquer Preternia, Castle Grayskull & Veena (final boss)
    Princess of Power: Liberate Etheria from the Horde Empire (Horde Prime final boss)
    Evil Horde: Enslave Etheria and Conquer Skyhook Mountain and the Crystal Castle (Light Hope final boss)

When all campaigns are complete, Eternia is unlocked as the free-for-all stage to become the Ultimate Master of the Universe!

DLC:

Galactic Protectors campaign to eliminate the threat of Nordor (Disk of Doom Skeletor final boss)
    Evil Mutants campaign to conquer Denebria (He-Man final boss)

Side-quests:

Masters/Evil Warriors: Gain battle armor, snake armor, ice armor, etc for He-Man, Skeletor, etc.
    PoP: find Fantastic fashions for She-Ra, or pieces for Multibot and Modulok (find all pieces to unlock/play as Megabeast!)

Each upgrade gives each warrior a new attack.

Ex: Teela
    default: sword, shield, acrobatics
    upgrade 1: Staff of Ka (longer range weapon, jump farther distances to reach new territory)
    final form: Cobra armor (1/2 damage, all abilities of Staff of Ka, poison resistance from Snake Men, immune to King Hiss snake form)

Ugh...that would be a dream.

Zelda/Final fantasy 4 Style
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    Zelda/Final fantasy 4 Style
    I think there was a 1 level zelda style RPG He-man game made by someone here on the org about 10 years ago or so. There use to be a link to it.. I know I have it samed somewhere at home. I searched the org and didn't find it. The gist of it was that you had to get the sword and then Beastman had kidnapped someone and then you went and fought Skeletor. There was also a thread on using rpg maker to make a rpg. I think there was a demo but it want complete of very good. That same thread people were creating some cool graphics for the game though.

Any body else remember these games or the RPG maker project back in early 2000's?
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Excellent! !!! I'm playing it on my cell phone. why aren't more people talking about this???

"I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

That game,looks amazing, i just dont like how sorceress attack, she should use magic, but if someday they made this.game.for pc i will buy ot yes or yes
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    That game,looks amazing, i just dont like how sorceress attack, she should use magic, but if someday they made this.game.for pc i will buy ot yes or yes
    It's on PC and Android, for free.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Widget
    what you mean by using magic? i didnt wanted her to shoot projectiles in her soceress form so she is able to transform into zoar to shoot.When creating game its important to create different characters but kinda equal so its not unfair.

Here is the link to the old game I was talking about before by Adam Osgood. I think it uses an old RPG maker engine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/evq46ofd3x25983/HEMAN.zip
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
    what you mean by using magic? i didnt wanted her to shoot projectiles in her soceress form so she is able to transform into zoar to shoot.When creating game its important to create different characters but kinda equal so its not unfair.
    Look at orko, works with him a sorceres is a mage not a figther...
    visit my albums:

I tested the He-Man openbor game and it is really awesome!

I played it on my PC, try to play it on my android phone but the application keeps crashing....

Anyway, I will try to play the android version on my Ouya, and also on my PS2 with the PS2BOR application and maybe on my dreamcast.
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Widget
    Orko fights too in game, i dont think she had magic like orko in series, i think people have problems with it cause sorceress is a woman, orko never fought in cartoon but there was no complaint about him at all.
    I started new character
    Game works on android without problems, use pak file thats in archive with pc version and just move pak file to paks folder when you install openbor on your android device, pak file is the game data, without it game wont run.touch.txt is to configure touch buttons placement on screen but default one works too.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st View Post
    I tested the He-Man openbor game and it is really awesome!

I played it on my PC, try to play it on my android phone but the application keeps crashing....

Anyway, I will try to play the android version on my Ouya, and also on my PS2 with the PS2BOR application and maybe on my dreamcast.
    This could be played on dreamcast? That would be awesome since it is naturally 4 players.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Played it and i've enjoyed it so far would love it if you did an obscure character like Lizardman

Heroic Warrior
    Any way we can get this game on iPhone?

I like the idea of a Mortal Kombat style game. It is something everyone could play and though you wouldn't really feel like a character you play it could capture the magic of the show and toy's. They could throw in some classic filmation style moves for fun too.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    RPG or nothing for me!!! Sandbox style... in depth with DLC addons. PERIOT.

Heroic Warrior
    How about a combination of LARPing and Fight Club?

Nerds could meet up in each others parents' basements dressed as their favorite MOTU character and just beat the living **** out of one another.