Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1457

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

These are putting me in the poor-house for sure...

I can't believe that the 4H have released over 160 Mythic Legions figures!!

What has been everyone's favorite wave so far?

I absolutely love the Advent of Decay wave... so many great characters in that one!

Illythia is looking good too... it's got a very gothic feel.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I absolutely love the Advent of Decay wave... so many great characters in that one!

I love the Shadow Elves. Also anything in Ogre scale.
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    You're spot on with your Narnia comment. Every figure in this new wave looks great. I tend to buy a good percentage of the ML figures but I'm not a completist. I'll buy a full set this time around though, plus some extras for army building.
    Agreed. I was all in for the first few waves but had been cherry picking with more and more selectivity with subsequent waves. This wave though has a higher percentage oh must haves for me. But I collect to many limes to army build these guys, shame though they are lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

I was all about the skeletons in wave 1, and thought the dwarves looked great even though I’m particularly to elves. Skapular was my favorite because he was reminiscent of Dekion form the old D&D cartoon based on the LJN skeleton two pack. Loved it. Vorgus is a fav, reminds me of Dracula in the red armor from the Coppola movie. I’m a huge fan of the Minotaurs in Dragon Lance so the Minos in this line are favs. Vollogar is great as a I feel like I got a Lord Soth action figure. Gwendolynne is one of the most fantastic action figures I’ve ever seen. Raevena is pretty fantastic too. I’m not really into anthropomorphic figures (except those from mythology) but Thislethorn won me over in hand. But the recent Goblins really take the cake for me. They are adorable and creepy at the same time. That centaur will give them all so,e healthy competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'm still waiting on the forearm I was told was being mailed to.me multiple times and never got it lol. Now they don't even respond to the emails I send. Definitely ain't supporting this line. Not until they get rid if mega and get a more competent company to handle their business. Cause rhem dudes are straight clowns. Next step is do what you guys ( not you guys, no clue who did it but they were members here) did with Matty and open up a bbb case. Mega are complete clowns. Blaming it on short staff and covid hahaha. Dude its been since June/july.. it's a forearm, mail the damn thing.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear man. I had a similar experience but in the end got my order. Mega forgot to send me an entire wave of figures (the first wave they were brought on board with). I saw the wave in stock on BBTS and thought it was odd that I never got mine. Turns out they shipped months ago. I was afraid Mega was out of stock but emailed them. They replied that they would look into it but never hit me back. Then boom, they order just showed up a couple days later but no further correspondence. I thought it was odd.

In Mega’s defense I have ordered from them in the past when they had good sales or BBTS was sold out on something and was extremely happy with them in past but I have been reading recent horror stories on other forums. It’s a shame they started out so well but my own experience with them shipping the MLS figures left me with some reserve.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; November 15, 2020 at 08:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I was all about the skeletons in wave 1, and thought the dwarves looked great even though Iím particularly to elves. Skapular was my favorite because he was reminiscent of Dekion form the old D&D cartoon based on the LJN skeleton two pack. Loved it. Vorgus is a fav, reminds me of Dracula in the red armor from the Coppola movie. Iím a huge fan of the Minotaurs in Dragon Lance so the Minos in this line are favs. Vollogar is great as a I feel like I got a Lord Soth action figure. Gwendolynne is one of the most fantastic action figures Iíve ever seen. Raevena is pretty fantastic too. Iím not really into anthropomorphic figures (except those from mythology) but Thislethorn won me over in hand. But the recent Goblins really take the cake for me. They are adorable and creepy at the same time. That centaur will give them all so,e healthy competition.
    I'm right with you.

Gwendolyn Heavensbrand and Jjuno the Crusher are my two favorite human characters... I also adore Thord Ironjaw, Snagg, and Scaphoid.

(I'm just waiting for the 4H to release some regular human male feet... so far, every male figure has the same armored feet, or heavily armored feet. I want some leather boots dangit!!)

I haven't gotten much Mythic Legions news since they shut down their forum, but I have two questions that I really want to know the answer to before I commit to more figures.

Why did they revisit Artemyss again? The new version looks a ton better than the deluxe version I bought for AoD and I am a little miffed.

Are they done with Legion Builders? They haven't had one since AoD and they already said they wouldn't be doing them in All Star waves any more (which is weird given that those are usually the most popular All Stars). Is the margin just too low? Most of what I have are Legion Builders or female figures so it would be a shame if they aren't doing them any more.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really liking the latest wave. I will probably pick up 4-5 of the characters and one beast, but not sure whether to buy the moose or the centaur.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

The new wave looks really cool, but Iíve decided to limit myself to Skeletons and Goblins (of course there are several exceptions). The little Satyr or Faun guy is fantastic though. I might get him so he can hang out with Thistlethorn.

The falcon makes me very hopeful that weíll see a Sorceress or Teela tribute figure very soon.

As with every Mythic Legions wave thereís only some figures Iíd like, Volligar and Vargg are definites, maybe Krotos and Aphareus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I haven't gotten much Mythic Legions news since they shut down their forum, but I have two questions that I really want to know the answer to before I commit to more figures.

Why did they revisit Artemyss again? The new version looks a ton better than the deluxe version I bought for AoD and I am a little miffed.

Are they done with Legion Builders? They haven't had one since AoD and they already said they wouldn't be doing them in All Star waves any more (which is weird given that those are usually the most popular All Stars). Is the margin just too low? Most of what I have are Legion Builders or female figures so it would be a shame if they aren't doing them any more.
    Excellent questions but I fear only the Horsemen could answer those for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The new wave looks really cool, but I’ve decided to limit myself to Skeletons and Goblins (of course there are several exceptions). The little Satyr or Faun guy is fantastic though. I might get him so he can hang out with Thistlethorn.

The falcon makes me very hopeful that we’ll see a Sorceress or Teela tribute figure very soon.
    I feel you. At first I told myself I’d only collect factions that didn’t exist in Eternia to add to my Classics universe but I just ended up going buck wild.

Oh wow, yeah a Teela tribute would be awesome. I sold off all of my other MotU inspired figures but ML does some really great work. I’d love to see what the come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm right with you.

Gwendolyn Heavensbrand and Jjuno the Crusher are my two favorite human characters... I also adore Thord Ironjaw, Snagg, and Scaphoid.

(I'm just waiting for the 4H to release some regular human male feet... so far, every male figure has the same armored feet, or heavily armored feet. I want some leather boots dangit!!)
    Aye, Thord is my favorite of the Dwarves and Snagg is by far my favorite goblin.

I passed on Jjuno during the pre orders but regretted it and grabbed one off BBTS at a premium. I was happy that I did. Once I had her in hand she blew me away.

Heroic Warrior
    I want some leather boots dangit!!
    Did you see the "leather" boot/glove packs they're offering with this wave?...

black -- https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com...y-of-figure-14

brown -- https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com...y-of-figure-13

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Did you see the "leather" boot/glove packs they're offering with this wave?...

black -- https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com...y-of-figure-14

brown -- https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com...y-of-figure-13
    I didn't see these!

This is more like it... now, if we could have the upper portion of the boot, sans armor, we'd be in business!

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm conflicted as to whether I'm amazed at their having released 160 figures or am just incredibly impressed, especially given the quality.

I recognize that the Four Horsemen is a business. But there is an intangible here in the immeasurable amount of pleasure they have given collectors through their brilliant creations. Surely collectors owe them a big thank you for that. I can't imagine the huge void there would be without collectors having the Four Horsemen to create such treasures time after time after time...

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    ML has been a substitute/complementary line for my Classics collection. I'm always looking for characters that can blend with Classics, like that BattleCat-inspired figure (which in my canon is Sabe-Or from the bios). Also I like those figures from races seen in Eternia, so I ordered a minotaur from All-Stars 3 line and now this Illythia (sp?) was mind-blowing when I saw a satyr, a centaur and that moose, the kind of fantasy-forest creatures I would put in Eternia, so I ended up ordering 4 figures (yes, I had to include the elf lady because of my daughter).

And now they announced Cosmic Legions with swappable parts that will work with Mythic Legions, so we will be able to mix technology and sorcery... this is becoming more and more MOTU-ish, and that's good!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I need to save money and here they go releasing a centaur and spiderthemed demoness.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I need to save money and here they go releasing a centaur and spiderthemed demoness.
    My same situation and feeling about Illythia wave, that centaur is a must have.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post

They stated that they were planing on doing a constant permanent stock of past legion builders, in the Summer they were supposed to launch I think it was 6 different legion builders on Four horsemen's website that were not going to be pre orders and are in-stock items. But then they mentioned on a Facebook group that Covid got in the way and they had to put those plans on the back burners and focus on trying to get the arythr and All stars 3 out as soon as possible. So we won't know when the Legion builders permanent in stock will hit.

Heroic Warrior
    That email they sent out that states they are taking back over distribution and said contact chris with issues on previous orders helped me out. Chris read all the emails and will have an arm our to me. Hopefully the distribution is in jersey Soni can get it fast. Almost gave up an that thing and was gonna take the 50 dollar hit. It really left a bad taste in my mouth with mega and almost ruined it for me to ever order anytbing from the horsemen again. Glad things are addressed. Now I'm not nervous to order future things.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Hi to everyone, I would like to express some thoughts about Mythic legions .
    After 5 years ( more or less ) from the birth of this line, in my opinion Mythic legions is half a success and half disappointing.

Pros

Total control and creative freedom on their own personal products line
    Feedback with the fans , votes , ...
    Here we have some of the basical - archetypical Characters ( and monsters) from classic fantasy
    Realistic traditional design style, neat sculpt , well balanced figures in terms of detail level , solid - good quality production, very good paint application
    High customization possibility
    Compatible with motuc and other 6 inch figures

Cons

Few different Characters compared to the great number of releases ( more than 100 figures until now , but the largest part of them are color- paint variations or armor parts' variations )
    Few original, new, really creative character 's design ( a general lack of new ideas )
    Characters choice not so good ( lack of ideas )
    Poor fictional background and development of a plot and stories
    Complex and uneasy buying system : if I miss an online preorder, I go lost into the scalpers' prices of secondary market
    Expensive price : 35 dollars for a figure is a high price

Alternative ideas and proposals

They should have used also the different paint applications that were alternate choices offered for the figure that became the final red blood knight Vermillion , the jade green version and the terracotta version, or an heavy rusted iron version, these could have been used on other knight figures , still in the second wave. Related to this, it would have been not so difficult to make a stone statue textured figure .
    A knight in ancient arab - eastern costume style .
    In place of 4 or 5 figures among the goblins, skeletons , knights, devils, ...few simple things were possible, with no high costs :
    2 or 3 other human extra heads and a second standard human male body , made using a modified knight, or elf body parts , could create these other characters :
    adventurer , explorer- ranger
    alchemist , wizard, necromancer ,
    thief / spy / secret mission man ,
    and Otho head could have be reused for a tribal warrior figure or a Voodoo character figure or similar

A general critical overview

There have been too many waves, with so many characters, but a character needs “ character “, to be recognized, not just color variations or little differences.
    It' s clear that one of the main purposes of this project was to make fans need or want to build different armies of figures ( armies or legions or groups, depending from your money budget ) and this is for sure a really easy way to sell a lot of products , so quantity, big numbers of similar items is a key content when we talk about Mythic legions project plan , and so feed the need for build a minimum group of skeletons, knights or orcs, like we see in famous fantasy movies or novels, or roleplayng games.
    I think in this whole project there is near 20 % work on truly creative side of drawing new character design, then there is tecnical work on phisically create the figures, making the different parts, casts and molds, the joints and articulation, and there is the business and marketing work, that are the main part of the game , the most important side .
    In fact the first thing I notice is the lack of creativity , imagination on these figure design , let me explain : everything is well done at top level, but what you see is a range of standard fantasy figures, that take inspiration mostly from D & D, Lord of the rings and fantasy illustration field.
    I have seen a lot of knights, skeletons, orcs , goblins, but very few other characters, such as humans or beastmen.
    I know 4 Horsemen have to make their business , it ' s Ok , it's good, but it' s not the point of the discussion, because quantity is not equal to quality ( in the sense of new ideas and original concepts) and I really expected something more , domething else , from a toy design studio like that one .
    In each wave I saw just few interesting things, a handful of pieces.
    It seems to me that they went for the safe way, taking no ( or very few ) risks, in term of characters'design .
    In the action figure industry there are well known production costs , for making the molds ( which are made from copper or other metal blocks ) , this leds to reuse existing parts and limits the creation of new parts, but also when 4 horsemen decided to introduce new characters, like the goblins or the demons , some of them were not necessary and they could have choosen to create something else instead ( this is my own opinion, tastes are tastes ) .
    So , some choices are strange to me , and I believed they could make fireworks, with a project totally owned , controlled and overviewed by themselves, from the drawings of the character to the final casting and molding.
    And I don'know why.
    Maybe they pushed too much the gas pedal of the production? Some says “ business is business , money making is a wonderful thing! “, yeah but if we look to other toy lines from the past : Stan Winston creatures, or the cheap but very creative and funny Chap Mei toy lines, or various miniatures sculpts and models ,quality from many games ( Hordes, or Warhammer or other ) which are of smaller scale but of great design quality , I can say that you can do business and be creative, at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have edited the post, in a more scheme summary
    Last edited by guanaco; December 26, 2020 at 08:01am.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    With the lack of MOTUC, I've been more interested in adding some Mythic Legions females since they blend in nicely with Classics and Ultimates.

Ordered a Myria Goldenbranch from BBTS last week and am impressed with her: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic...a-goldenbranch

I noticed there is a new wave "War of the Aetherblade" http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic...he-aetherblade

Theyíre currently crowdfunding a game and those 4 figures can be purchased on the crowdfunding site.

Got She-ra and Hordak in, Hordak has two of the same should pauldron.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Got She-ra and Hordak in, Hordak has two of the same should pauldron.
    I just got the Hordak and a replacement Maleus as I sold,the first one off for a tidy profit. I’m not big on the MotU tributes as I feel they are sort of silly but I got the Cringer one because he just looked really cool, ( all,of the cats look great so far) and the Hordak one this time for the same reason. Though the MotU figures have a massive resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I just got the Hordak and a replacement Maleus as I sold,the first one off for a tidy profit. Iím not big on the MotU tributes as I feel they are sort of silly but I got the Cringer one because he just looked really cool, ( all,of the cats look great so far) and the Hordak one this time for the same reason. Though the MotU figures have a massive resale value.
    Yeah I would give their actual names I just couldn't recall them at the time. I agree that most of them while I appreciate them just not as much as something I wanted in that collection. I got Battlecat also. She-ra or Dorina (sp) looks like a great valkyrish type of character outside of just the MOTU references. I do have a problem with her also, her soft goods cape the holes weren't lined up well and smaller than normal so while attaching it to the pauldron the whole was widening to the point of going to the edge so I stopped. Also her head with open faced helmet the wings aren't lined up but will have a look at that with more light. I could probably have something made of something I bit better and have better holes for the pegs by using it has a pattern.

Heroic Warrior
    4H have really created something special with this line - considering that it wasn't backed by any known IP or large company to make them.

But as others have said, the lack of development of that IP has all but snuffed out most of my excitement. As cool as these figures are, they are competing with figures that actually hold some sentimental/emotional value to me. Would have been nice if 4H had developed a comic book series, or novels or whatever.

My dozen or so ML figures will absolutely have a spot on my shelf, but I doubt I will add any more to them.

So lack of other venues for the IP

https://forgehorsemen.com/product/my...vdMXtHCYOeM25g

Game will be PC and mobile device based.