Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Stratos 8 back Variants (USA Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Many thanks for the info.

I'm not sure if the concept of Mark Taylor had those colors originally. The same drawing appeared in the Limited Edition MOTU Art Book sold at SDCC, and it was in black and white.

Talking about this matter I received today this First Edition Stratos 8 back (AFA 85) and as you can see the combination is Red Wings/Blue Jet Pack:
    Late response by like 4 years! Yes, red wings and blue wings seem to both be present all along the production of Stratos.

Regarding that concept art:

Blue beard, but also blue goggles!

I love Mark Taylor's conceptual Stratos sketch...sporting the red feather necklace and bare chest-look that Alfredo Alcala referenced in the early mini-comics.

I remember getting Stratos (grey beard) on Christmas Day 1982 on 8-back (3rd variation) with the blue wings. Three of my grade school friends also had Stratos figures -- all with red wings.
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by rmhart View Post
    I love Mark Taylor's conceptual Stratos sketch...sporting the red feather necklace and bare chest-look that Alfredo Alcala referenced in the early mini-comics.

I remember getting Stratos (grey beard) on Christmas Day 1982 on 8-back (3rd variation) with the blue wings. Three of my grade school friends also had Stratos figures -- all with red wings.
    My best friend in Kindergarten had a Stratos. I want to say it was a blue wing version.