Thread: Why did Orko go bad in the DC comics?

Why did Orko go bad in the DC comics?

In the He-Man DC comics from 2012, He-Man mentioned at one point that Orko betrayed them somehow. It's never brought up again, and then in "DC Universe vs. The Masters of the Universe", apparently Orko has become Horde Prime's newest vessel when he tried to destroy his skull of power...it just makes no sense to me.

We're only told in flashbacks, but if I remember rightly He'd found out that skeletor had acquired the skull of power (actually the skull of horde prime) and tried to steal it before skeletor could use it, but the spirit of horde prime residing within the skull was too powerful and ended up taking over orkos body. I'm not the biggest fan of that first arc, but I read that character as more of a " horde prime reskin" than an "evil orko". Not going to spoil anything, but if you hate that story arc you will NOT be happy with King hiss's shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Not going to spoil anything, but if you hate that story arc you will NOT be happy with King hiss's shenanigans
    I was unhappy for sure. But I pretty much disliked that entire comic story. The lead-up one had a bit of two that was fun, but only up to the characters learning certain things, and mostly not great. FTR, the 2003-2005 era (can't recall exact years) had some good stuff, but wasn't exceptional. The 1986 seemed pretty episodic like the cartoon from the ones I read, except Teela looked action-figury. Aside from the minicomics and the 1982 three issue one, are there any I haven't mentioned -wouldn't mind trying to find them to read (don't care about collecting/owning).