Thread: Major Header in MOTUC

Major Header in MOTUC

Major Header was a runner up in 30th anniversary CAC Contest Ended up being in Lady Slithers revenge squad in the latest mini comic Fall of Eternia. He has an interesting attribute , his head as his primary weapon, a large ball and chain. The only issue i have with this that if that chain was separated would he still be able to control is body, how that works. I still I think its and interesting character to include in the MOTUC world and easy to make, furry boots and loin cloth, regular bracer forearms and a Man e faces type Body armor.

very yes. I'll even ignore that I dont think any of the runners up should get figs, as they didnt win and were runners up.

However he was the best of the lot, better than Grayskull man, and I would absolutely love having him.

In this picture art, is his right leg a peg leg or is this the worst example of foreshortening I've seen?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Liking this character more, he'd make a great figure.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Yes, I consistently voted him very high in our recent polls. I'd love a fig of him!
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

I would love, love, love a figure of this guy. I only hope that once they make him, the chain attaches to the TOP of his head, not the back or the bottom of his head. That way, if you pose him holding his chain with the head dangling, the head will remain rightside-up and not facing downwards or upside-down.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I would love, love, love a figure of this guy. I only hope that once they make him, the chain attaches to the TOP of his head, not the back or the bottom of his head. That way, if you pose him holding his chain with the head dangling, the head will remain rightside-up and not facing downwards or upside-down.
    Personally, the only way I'd want a figure of this guy is if they have his head attached to a faux chain, like Demo-Man's. Something stiff that only resembles a chain, so he could be displayed swinging it. Otherwise, (to me) he just looks like some zombie body dragging his head on a chain. Or, perhaps he could come with two chain options! One for action and one for dangling.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Major header I would so welcome to the tide of evil. As Krean'ot said about the chain I too, agree I would not like the head just lying about or dragged behind or even dangling from one of his hands it just would not look right.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

This guy would be awesome!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I welcome the character.
    As a kid I love the gimmick, but as an adult Im well... its silly, but hey.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Heroic Warrior
    Major Header is the only one of the contest characters (Classics contest, that is) who I havn't seen any bit of background for. Does something exist, from the creator or Mattel?

I tried to find all the winners to have them tell their story here on the org, Daniel Benedict obviously told his here on Castle Grayskullman, Mer Jim told his on the Bubblor thread, Axel created Muckman- think he talked about him when he revealed his artwork on his thread, jhoward was the creator for Three-beast(or Tri beast) he did a write up on his thread, but not sure who on the forums created rajar and major header. I reached out to one guy who i think created Rajar, waiting for him to get back to me, and Major Header- no clue, not even a guess. Maybe Val knows. Anyhoot made an awesome custom of this guy a while back really Classized him as well as kept to his design.

major header (1).jpg
    major header2.jpg

Major Header doesn't get a lot of love among the CaC finalists, but he's honestly my favorite of the bunch. I still hold out hope that he (and all the CaC finalists) will eventually get a figure.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Great custom, as usual.
    But seriously, I can't come up with a good background for him. I thought I had it with "barbarian soldier possessed by demon" but that doesn't take the clearly technological parts into account ... (And is also to close to both Skeletor's background in Classics and Three-Beast.)

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Great custom, as usual.
    But seriously, I can't come up with a good background for him. I thought I had it with "barbarian soldier possessed by demon" but that doesn't take the clearly technological parts into account ... (And is also to close to both Skeletor's background in Classics and Three-Beast.)
    Maybe he was a military who was killed by decapatation and rogue scientists brought him back to life, with upgrades of course, and has vowed to take “ revenge” against those who did this to him, and everyone else. Lady slither promises him the revenge he seeks

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    maybe he was a military who was killed by decapatation and rogue scientists brought him back to life
    scientists.jpg ??? [^)

That IS a Stellar Custom of the mighty Major...
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Major Headder, awesome figure, but I prefer the name Mace Face

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Major Header doesn't get a lot of love among the CaC finalists, but he's honestly my favorite of the bunch. I still hold out hope that he (and all the CaC finalists) will eventually get a figure.
    I definitely feel the same way about Major Header, easily my favorite of the competition characters. This figure would have been awesome as a boy if released in the vintage line.

While not a competition winner, Revenge Squad villain Muck-man also is a very nice character I'd love to see released in Classics one day.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I definitely feel the same way about Major Header, easily my favorite of the competition characters. This figure would have been awesome as a boy if released in the vintage line.

While not a competition winner, Revenge Squad villain Muck-man also is a very nice character I'd love to see released in Classics one day.
    We don't have a thread on Muck Man, do we? In fact I hadn't even heard of him before he showed up in the Minicomic.

Recently I spoke to Earl Luckes, Creator of Major Header, about his inspiration behind this character, wanted to share this conversation.

Facet: i came across a photo showing all the runners up for the contest and have been collecting information on their information for their designs, so far we have Castle Grayskull Man, Bubblor, and Three Beast, i was hoping, if you were a member on the boards, you could give some insight on what inspired you to make this the character for the contest, where you thought he belonged in the mythos of heman, and anything else you might want to share about this character or if that's too much trouble if you wouldn't mind telling me i could always transcribe it back to the fan base. Got some fans out there who wanna know his story

Earl Luckes: Holy smokes! I’m tearing up reading all the love in that thread.
    Major Header was intended for the mutants in New Adventures. I did a character a day and tried to cover all aspect toy lines.

The story goes like this: he was leader of a band of space pirates. He got captured and he was sentenced to be crystallized. During the process, his crew broke in and rescued him, but it was a little too late, as his head had been crystallized. And, in true Sci-Fi/comic book logic, trying to pull him out of the machine snapped off his head and created the perfect accident. Luckily, the crew had recently raided a medical supply ship and had a neck brace life support for people who had accidentally decapitation or for those needing their head temporarily removed for surgery and such. Once his body was on life support and he could still control his body and realizing the crystallization process made his head near indestructible, Major Header was BORN! The chain is nothing magical. If it broke, he’d just get a new one.

What really happened:

I got Man-E-Faces and tried to change his head. It went flying and I lost it for a few days. The figure stood by my bed and I was thinking how it looked like a life support device for a decapitation victim. The contest hit, I thought back to when I was a kid. Beastman=werewolf Trap Jaw=Frankenstein MerMan=The Creature and so on. The line need a Headless Horseman. Seeing the chain from Scareglow brought it together.

I drew it and entered it on the very last day. I had made about 6 characters, one each day until the cut off.
    Very surprised when I won. The free year of figures was pretty sweet.

That's very cool Facet! It's always really cool to hear the stories behind these designs. I love the thought and creative process behind Earl Luckes' design!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    So we finally have Major Header's background. And I like it.
    The only thing it doesn't cover is why he calls himself "Major". Might be just bragging. "I'm not just a pirate captain, I'm a pirate major!"
    Or he really did hold that rank once, before he deserted and became a pirate.
    Or he just likes the pun.
    The background should work in Classics, too. If he was a pirate and later one of Flogg's mutants (Is Header a mutant himself? Hard to say.), he would actually have a good reason to become a member of the Revenge Squad, if that name means anything.
    (Yeah, I really think the Revenge Squad should mostly be made of characters who already know and hate the heroes, just because of the name.)

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

Major Header was immediately my favorite of the new CAC winners. I don't know why but he gives me a Trap Jaw vibe and Trap Jaw is my favorite from childhood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Recently I spoke to Earl Luckes, Creator of Major Header, about his inspiration behind this character, wanted to share this conversation.

Facet: i came across a photo showing all the runners up for the contest and have been collecting information on their information for their designs, so far we have Castle Grayskull Man, Bubblor, and Three Beast, i was hoping, if you were a member on the boards, you could give some insight on what inspired you to make this the character for the contest, where you thought he belonged in the mythos of heman, and anything else you might want to share about this character or if that's too much trouble if you wouldn't mind telling me i could always transcribe it back to the fan base. Got some fans out there who wanna know his story

Earl Luckes: Holy smokes! I’m tearing up reading all the love in that thread.
    Major Header was intended for the mutants in New Adventures. I did a character a day and tried to cover all aspect toy lines.

The story goes like this: he was leader of a band of space pirates. He got captured and he was sentenced to be crystallized. During the process, his crew broke in and rescued him, but it was a little too late, as his head had been crystallized. And, in true Sci-Fi/comic book logic, trying to pull him out of the machine snapped off his head and created the perfect accident. Luckily, the crew had recently raided a medical supply ship and had a neck brace life support for people who had accidentally decapitation or for those needing their head temporarily removed for surgery and such. Once his body was on life support and he could still control his body and realizing the crystallization process made his head near indestructible, Major Header was BORN! The chain is nothing magical. If it broke, he’d just get a new one.

What really happened:

I got Man-E-Faces and tried to change his head. It went flying and I lost it for a few days. The figure stood by my bed and I was thinking how it looked like a life support device for a decapitation victim. The contest hit, I thought back to when I was a kid. Beastman=werewolf Trap Jaw=Frankenstein MerMan=The Creature and so on. The line need a Headless Horseman. Seeing the chain from Scareglow brought it together.

I drew it and entered it on the very last day. I had made about 6 characters, one each day until the cut off.
    Very surprised when I won. The free year of figures was pretty sweet.

Oh no, if he is part of NA. He will never get a figure made

Great background story. He fits in perfectly with the Mutants. Thanks facet, for tracking Earl Luckes down and getting the info.

We need a Major Header in Classics!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast