Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The Art Of He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe book from Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Beyond neat looking. Are you going to make a second one?
    Dark Horse?
    They might. Anything is possible!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Because I'm all about timeliness, here's a review more than a year and a half later:

https://battleram.wordpress.com/2016...universe-2015/

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    Does anyone know why the movie chapter features mostly Ralph McQuarrie's concepts, a couple of Claudio Mazola and none of William Stout (who is yet interviewed) and Moebius ?
    Got my answer in a William Stout podcast interview: Mattel wanted to own the art if it was gonna be in the book... But thankfully Stout is planning a book of his own on his whole career.
    Upcoming book THE PUNISHER: THE UNTOLD STORY OF AN 80s CULT CLASSIC
    www.twitter.com/punisher_book
    www.instagram.com/punisher_book
    www.facebook.com/ThePunisher.FilmBook

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Does anyone have the Limited edition Art book that comes with the Gerald Parel print? I've ordered one but was hoping someone could tell me who's standing to She-Ra's right? Is it Scareglow? Thanks.
    IMG_4115.JPG
    Last edited by Mendoc; July 8, 2017 at 10:37am.

It is Battle Cat Man.

For those who can recall, and if memory serves, didn't an earlier version of this print feature King Randor in his place?

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Thanks!

Well I've obviously got some catching up to do - never heard of him!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    It is Battle Cat Man.

For those who can recall, and if memory serves, didn't an earlier version of this print feature King Randor in his place?
    Never heard anything about an earlier version?

Someone did make a fan-edit of the pic afterwards where they replaced Battle Cat Man with another character.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Thanks for bringing this up. I guess I never really looked too closely at this artwork. Why would all these people be gathering? Who created it and decided a Battle Cat Man would be a good fit with all the leaders of Eternia? Also, I just noticed She-Ra is holding her Despara mask, so it must be somewhat based on the DC comic versions.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Never heard anything about an earlier version?

Someone did make a fan-edit of the pic afterwards where they replaced Battle Cat Man with another character.
    I believe it was shown when BBTS initially put up the Limited Edition for Pre-Order, but then it was taken down and when it went up again, BCM was in Randor's place.

I *think* I may have a screenshot of it on my old phone, but I'm not 100% sure.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up. I guess I never really looked too closely at this artwork. Why would all these people be gathering? Who created it and decided a Battle Cat Man would be a good fit with all the leaders of Eternia? Also, I just noticed She-Ra is holding her Despara mask, so it must be somewhat based on the DC comic versions.
    It's a mixed variety of canons and eras collected in one. It was created by Mattel and art by Gerald Parel.
    You'll notice there's classic Sorceress and then New DC Sorceress (of Serpos) Teela. Those two didn't exist at same time so its not based on DC Comics per say.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I have a couple questions, in this book, page 224, 225, and 226 as well as 227. There are some great looking characters created by Horsemen studios that never saw the light. Other then this artwork is there any more to them. Names, anything else at all.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerobertschamp View Post
    I have a couple questions, in this book, page 224, 225, and 226 as well as 227. There are some great looking characters created by Horsemen studios that never saw the light. Other then this artwork is there any more to them. Names, anything else at all.
    Accordingly they talked some of them during Power-Con in their Panel. Hoping that the video of it will go online soon...

Not all have names necessarily though.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Thanks Jukka, I really digged those character designs, and hope to shed some more light upon them. Any tid bit, would really help me out.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

They said the fat evil warrior was to be named Blubbor. Great name! I wonder if he'd be confused with Bubblor a lot though, at least on paper since the names are so close. I'd figured his name would be something like Obesus since the 200x names often ended in a '-us' sound (eg, Vormus, Dactys, Prahvus, Carnivus, Ceratus, Torius, and Aquarus). No name was suggeted for the little skull-imp guy (Skullkor?) or the Scorpion guy (who resembles Kragox from Filmation's Game Master episode), and unfortunately they ran out of time and didn't get to the red pteradactyl creature or the second alien zodac redesign (with the green armor).
    Last edited by gbagok; September 29, 2017 at 03:57pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

@JVS3 and the He-Man.org team...
    I just picked up the He-Man Mini Comic collection on Comixology. You guys have done a great job with it. Additionally, you've done an amazing job keeping He-Man alive all these years. It was awesome to see all your names in the credits of the collections. Well done.
    -Illya

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    @JVS3 and the He-Man.org team...
    I just picked up the He-Man Mini Comic collection on Comixology. You guys have done a great job with it. Additionally, you've done an amazing job keeping He-Man alive all these years. It was awesome to see all your names in the credits of the collections. Well done.
    -Illya
    Glad to hear it. The Minicomic Collection is one of many books fans seemed to have enjoyed. I keep mine next to my work-desk for easy reading and at times research.

Finally, I got mine. Can't wait to open it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I really should have this book by now considering the artwork I do. Oh well...