Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The SDCC reveal nobody expected - Son of He-Man series pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Wasn't it shown at one of the Mattypalooza panels? It's floating around on this site and on Mattycollector.

This one isn't very clear, but here you go. Pretty sure I've seen a colorized version somewhere.

Attachment 97924
    Thanks for posting that, I either totally missed it when the pictures from that panel got posted or I just forgot I'd seen it

I really hope Scott can post the full pitch one day, maybe when Classics is finished, which hopefully wont be for a few years yet
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Heroic Warrior
    I'm getting confused a bit - where does this pitch fall in chronologically with the other Son of He-Man Filmation pitch?
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I'm getting confused a bit - where does this pitch fall in chronologically with the other Son of He-Man Filmation pitch?
    If you are referring to the 1996 "He-Ro Son of He-Man" pitch, that was by Lou Scheimer Productions. Not by Filmation.

Accordingly, this pitch described here would have been around late 80s.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Wasn't it shown at one of the Mattypalooza panels? It's floating around on this site and on Mattycollector.

This one isn't very clear, but here you go. Pretty sure I've seen a colorized version somewhere.

Attachment 97924
    wow thanks!

mohawk skeletor looks like a cyber punk

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting to read, but why two versions of Nocturna.
    If there was a picture of her, can someone describe the female version, please?

Now I'm all types of confused (which doesn't take much.) I thought this was to follow the original motu cartoons and toys and there was already a bible that had been revealed ... I didn't realize that it was from 1996! So is this the one that was supposed to follow the original toy line?
    Last edited by crashdiary27; November 6, 2014 at 01:54pm.

Penny, just out of curiosity, can you remember roughly how many pages the pitch was?

Wanted:
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    Now I'm all types of confused (which doesn't take much.) I thought this was to follow the original motu cartoons and toys and there was already a bible that had been revealed ... I didn't realize that it was from 1996! So is this the one that was supposed to follow the original toy line?
    The 96 version was based on the toon as it was done by Filmation creator Lou Scheimer. This version was supposedly by Mattel, but I know very little about this one.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    Interesting to read, but why two versions of Nocturna.
    If there was a picture of her, can someone describe the female version, please?
    As I recall, she looked quite similar to the male version in terms of what she was wearing. As for why two versions, your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing they tried different variations during the development phase and included both options as possibilities. Images of Detector and Crystoll also appeared in the bible, so they hadn't yet settled on the "final" versions of the characters which were ultimately released in the toyline. If I'm not mistaken, Brakk/Flogg also looked a bit different (his face looked more monstrous as I recall).

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Penny, just out of curiosity, can you remember roughly how many pages the pitch was?
    Hard to know for sure from memory, but I'd say it was around 100 pages. It was a mix of artwork and text.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    The 96 version was based on the toon as it was done by Filmation creator Lou Scheimer. This version was supposedly by Mattel, but I know very little about this one.
    The '96 version was indeed by Lou Scheimer Productions.
    The '88 version (which this article is about) was done by Filmation. The Filmation logo is right on the front cover, in fact.
    The '89 "Masters of Space" was also by Filmation.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; January 24, 2015 at 02:01am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
    A podcast dedicated to the classic gothic television series, Dark Shadows

https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    As I recall, she looked quite similar to the male version in terms of what she was wearing. As for why two versions, your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing they tried different variations during the development phase and included both options as possibilities. Images of Detector and Crystoll also appeared in the bible, so they hadn't yet settled on the "final" versions of the characters which were ultimately released in the toyline. If I'm not mistaken, Brakk/Flogg also looked a bit different (his face looked more monstrous as I recall).

Hard to know for sure from memory, but I'd say it was around 100 pages. It was a mix of artwork and text.
    Wow thats more pages then I was expecting you to say.
    The reason I asked is because in the recent interview with Tim Seeley about the new art book (link on the main page) he says:
    "We actually have several pitches for different versions of what became that series (New Adventures) in the book – and there’s some crazy stuff in there. There’s a flexibility to that original series, and that’s something we wanted to capture in the book"
    So I was hoping the whole pitch would be in the book, but at 100ish pages its probably not. It would be great if with the book you got a link/code to download the whole PDF of the pitch.

Were the images in the bible the same as the concept art from the below catalogue pages? As the image image we're seen of Icarius from the bible (I reposted it on page one of this thread) is pretty much how the figure looks on this catalogue page right down to the pose.

Wanted:
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Wow thats more pages then I was expecting you to say.
    The reason I asked is because in the recent interview with Tim Seeley about the new art book (link on the main page) he says:
    "We actually have several pitches for different versions of what became that series (New Adventures) in the book – and there’s some crazy stuff in there. There’s a flexibility to that original series, and that’s something we wanted to capture in the book"
    So I was hoping the whole pitch would be in the book, but at 100ish pages its probably not. It would be great if with the book you got a link/code to download the whole PDF of the pitch.

Were the images in the bible the same as the concept art from the below catalogue pages? As the image image we're seen of Icarius from the bible (I reposted it on page one of this thread) is pretty much how the figure looks on this catalogue page right down to the pose.
    Sadly, I don't believe there's anything from the '88 SOH pitch in the new art book, at least not that I noticed. This is surprising as it would have been a good opportunity to show some of it. Hopefully , there will be other opportunities.

None of the art was in color. The images of Detector and Crystoll were the ones above but in B&W.
    I'm pretty sure Icarius had his helmet on in the drawing of him though.

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD

Sadly, I don't believe there's anything from the '88 SOH pitch in the new art book, at least not that I noticed. This is surprising as it would have been a good opportunity to show some of it. Hopefully , there will be other opportunities.
    Thats disappointing to hear. Hope fully Matty will post it in full one day.

None of the art was in color. The images of Detector and Crystoll were the ones above but in B&W.
    I'm pretty sure Icarius had his helmet on in the drawing of him though.
    Yeah Icarius does have his helmet on, Scot posted that page at a con one year (I reposted it on page one of this thread). It's Kayo/Tatarus that doesn't have his helmet on.
    Thanks for the replies Penny

Wanted:
    Keshi Mantenna in red

It's Kayo/Tatarus that doesn't have his helmet on.
    Doh! Sorry, I was on my phone, glanced quickly, and thought it was Icarius.

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you.

He-Man historian
    And now to add to the mix, we have learned more details on Filmation's 1987 Hero Land of Legend.

So that's like 4 different He-Ro/Hero takes..... from Mattel/Filmation.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    All very cool stuff, but please for the love of MOTU dont use the name Skeleteen.....EVER.
    Why?

What do you mean?

Wished we could se e tis one day

Co-Creator of the NV
    Don't know if anyone noticed this, but this thread was used as the basis for a Tv Urban Legends revealed - https://www.cbr.com/he-man-skeletor-...pinoff-series/

I hadn't heard of this pitch until now. From a story perspective it would have been interesting to see Hero go to the nasty swamp and Skeleteen to have the nice up bringing. Kind of a nature vs nurture tale

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Don't know if anyone noticed this, but this thread was used as the basis for a Tv Urban Legends revealed - https://www.cbr.com/he-man-skeletor-...pinoff-series/

I hadn't heard of this pitch until now. From a story perspective it would have been interesting to see Hero go to the nasty swamp and Skeleteen to have the nice up bringing. Kind of a nature vs nurture tale
    Yes, that writer does a lot of research using the Org and on my blog and other sources as well. He cites his sources, which is always nice.