Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When the New MOTU Film Director Crashed the Org SDCC Power Party

No wrestlers!!!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

For me, I'd prefer no cues be taken from the 87 movie, which IMO did not capture the feel of the MOTU universe

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    No wrestlers!!!!!!
    2ND that big time. "looking" like a character and Acting like one are different things entirely.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    so thats how the motuc figure light hope got its look! from the mega power skeletor

fyi.. i still think this movie will never be made
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Yeah. Feeling like it at this point, Carlo.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Never consistently good at magic in either series. As befits his established character as bumbling sidekick. He was only ever consistently competent at magic on Trolla

The only canon where Orko is the kind of bad ass you're describing is the classics bios--the worst of all canons to date
    Even the MOTUC canon portrays him as a court jester 99% of time. To quote his bio - "Although he was a powerful mage on Trolla, the hidden mystic properties of Eternia turned his magic into little more than entertaining tricks".

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    My first pick to be He-Man would be John Cena.
    Uh, no. I've seen The Marine, and Cena cannot act.

I honestly can't see any wrestler being up to the task of playing He-Man. The studio should just hire a proper actor and have him hit the gym, ala Thor.

I don't understand the John Cena hate here. The "Marine" from 2006 was his first movie. He has been in a dozen other movies since then. He is just as much of an actor as he is a wrestler these days. John Cena has two new comedy movies coming out next year and did voice work for the new animated Scooby-Doo movie. He would not have been given those roles especially the voice acting one if the directors and the studios did not think he could act. Hollywood has already accepted John Cena as a bonafide actor.
    http://deadline.com/2014/07/wwe-john...illain-798658/

This is about his voice just as much as it is about his body looking the part. A lot of people point to Thor with Chris Hemsworth as an example but his voice is too scratchy especially when he yells. Do you know how when a big man yells it sounds like there is gravel in their throat. That works fine with Thor or Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit. He-Man can't sound like that. He-Man has to talk smoothly because he is the calmness of the storm. Dolph Lundgren was able to pull it off perfectly when he did the "I have the Power" yell. That along with Skeletor's monologue is the most memorable part of the movie. There are not many actors that sound like that but John Cena is one of them. There is just something about John Cena and his mannerisms that make him sound like He-Man and to some extent Prince Adam.

I think you guys here will open up more to wrestlers after you see the He-Man kickstarter fan film staring WWE wrestler Brian Cage. There is a lot of effort being put into this project so it will be an ice breaker for sure.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...lm-KICKSTARTER!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    No wrestlers!!!!!!
    Batista did very well as Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy. Just saying...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    I think you guys here will open up more to wrestlers after you see the He-Man kickstarter fan film staring WWE wrestler Brian Cage. There is a lot of effort being put into this project so it will be an ice breaker for sure.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...lm-KICKSTARTER!
    I'm a big supporter of Daniel's movie, and I'm looking forward to it (I backed it and besides that, he's always been really supportive of my own MOTU stuff and I consider the guy a friend of mine), but I look at it this way: "The Fall of Grayskull" is a movie made by fans for the fans (yay!) and that is awesome (seriously). However, any movie put out by Hollywood will need to please a much larger audience and wrestling has a stigma to it when it comes to movies. Rocky had to distance himself from wrestling for YEARS, and he still is not taken seriously by many viewers just due to the fact that he used to be a wrestler (I think he's a pretty good actor, personally). I love wrestling (heck, I'm listening to "The Ross Report" on PodcastOne as I'm typing this, lol), but I just think it's a bad idea using a wrestler in such an important role in a bonafide Hollywood MOTU movie. That being said, I'm totally fine with agreeing to disagree and I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong... as long as it's not John Cena

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Batista did very well as Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy. Just saying...
    I agree, but the main gag about Drax's character was that he was so deadpan. Dave Bautista played his role very well, IMO, but it certainly wasn't a role with much range to it, which is why I didn't mention it in an earlier post. *shrugs*
    -KTC

My FREE MOTU stories:

MOTU: The Bloodline Trilogy

Heroic Warrior
    Well wrestler or not, if he doesn't look like his twin sister than I am not going.
    !
    !

We are not going to get She ra in the first movie if anything but a baby in a brief shot ( here's hoping - fingers crossed) she deserves to be a big part of the trilogy ( that at this rate will never happen ) BUT not the first movie no way- too much but what ever you guys and gals can dream .

Were you there at the Power party.... Did you hear him say this? A few people have asked what his comments were on She-Ra but no one has bothered to answer those requests Sadly!

Was this what he actually said? A baby shot or tease of the sword of protection was all many POP fans were hoping for in. The first film, but enough for her fans to know shebisnbeing alluded to. Eternia and her main players need to be established first.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I was NOT there BUT I could have sworn there is some sort of legal issue with it ( as stupid as that sounds ) as to She ra being used in the first movie or the movie at all BUT If the Horde are introduced without her inclusion there is some serious issues going on with the film They need to establish Eternia fully before trying to throw Etheria into the mix, even if it has to wait until the 3rd part ( 1st movie origin and history lesson ) (2nd movie history lesson -AKA SNAKE MEN) ( 3rd movie The horde ) I'm finding that hard to write just because I want Hordak in the first 20 minutes of the First film. I can dream too....

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    As of now officially he’s just the writer. However, it’s clearly his directing job to lose. In the video interview I mentioned he talked about his pitch to Sony, and how he put together concept art, animatics and even had maquettes of certain characters made. Someone lobbying for a writing job doesn’t really need to do all that stuff. He was clearly going for the directing gig from day one.
    Sorry to bump this old thread.

Check out this Instagram post from Mario Torres. Is this the first instance of some of the MOTU maquettes being shown?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByopY7ohs19/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Ooohh nice. I love Ram-Man. Good find. I hope the Nee brothers have something equally as cool up their sleeves.