Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pop Culture Shock 1:4 He-Man & Battle Cat Mixed Media Statue

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I got a shipping notice for my EX combo yesterday.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    I got a shipping notice for my EX combo yesterday.
    Thank you!I have sent to them a lot emails this week and I have not received a reply yet...I'm desperate, customer service is very very bad...

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I got my order Thursday, and.... wow. They're big. Maybe too big. I'm not sure I have room for them.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

I paid early shipping last year and I have sent emails and heard nothing back for weeks. I'm thinking about getting my money back that I can through Paypal, its better than nothing. PCS customer service is pathetic, its a shame because the MOTU statues were great.

Going to pick up my EX combo at the UPS distribution center tomorrow after work!
    SO excited to finally be getting this! (nearly 3 years since ordering!)

- - - Updated - - -

Got 'em! LOVE 'em! These are both really beautiful sculpts, the paintwork is flawless, and the mixed-media aspect with the "leather" straps and furry shorts and boots really adds a nice touch. These are a definite collection showcase. They're perfectly appropriately big, and look great right in the spot I'd designated for them like 2 years ago! SO glad to finally have them!

And... I got an Artist Proof pair! (I have all the PCS MOTU statues, but don't collect other statues, and never really knew or cared about an AP until I saw some folks on here talking about receiving one in the past. I'm still not sure what exactly it means, but it DOES feel a little extra special to have gotten the AP on this particular, big, different, final statue set... if for no other reason also than they're signed by Jerry, and that's pretty cool!) Yay!

It IS a bit odd the way the EX light feature on Battle Cat is handled... the batteries and switch are inside the head, and there's a separate magnetized insert piece to connect between the body and head... (seems a bit strange you have to inherently remove the head to turn on/off the lights), but the problem is the head is heavy and the magnets that connect the insert to the head are not as strong as the one that connects the insert to the body... as a result, the weight of the head tends to cause it to pull away (fall) from the insert... now, they've curiously sculpted/glued(?) a tiny thin raised "lip" section inside the head to help stabilize it, wherein you "tuck" the insert piece under this and then put the combined head and insert onto the body... BUT, since this is so tiny and the insert magnet is pulling harder toward the body when you go to put it on, the magnet force caused mine to actually break off that tiny lip, making the head really want to fall off. (And, the lip itself was a bit too "tight fit" against the tucked-in insert that it was already straining it.) Anyway, I filed the tiny broken-off "lip" sliver down to allow more wiggle-room of the insert under the lip, and super-glued that lip sliver back on, and it seems to be holding now. I DO wish they could have figured out a better way to handle this... even having the switch hidden somewhere on the outside accessible part of the statue. (There's also a recess in the insert that's intended to allow the switch to "float" within, and thus not stay on, but mine doesn't line up appropriately, so putting the head on always caused the lights to be on, and to have them off you have to remove the batteries... not a huge deal since you have to remove the head to turn them off/on anyway, but another imperfection to note.

I'm curious for anyone who has the NON-EX Battle Cat... does the head have this insert mechanism at all, or is it simply one solid piece with the one large strong magnet, just like the unhelmeted head?

Other than these issues, though, the pair is fantastic! I hope my other statue peeps on here who ordered this get there's soon and love 'em like I do!

Photos, sir, photos!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

As you wish, my good man!

(Sorry they aren't fantastic quality photos, and that I didn't take any with the non-helmeted head on!)

IMG_5390.jpg
    IMG_5395.jpgIMG_5396.jpgIMG_5403.jpgIMG_5405.jpgIMG_5408.jpg

Very nice!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior

Pop Culture Shock Battlecat Exclusive Statue Preorder at Sideshow

Thought long sold out - Sideshow just sent an Email

Pop Culture Shock Battlecat Exclusive Statue Preorder at Sideshow

$550 limited to 200

Pop Culture Shock Collectibles presents He-Man's trusty steed - Battlecat! The Battlecat 1:4 Statue is approximately 33" long and features a helmeted head with LED eyes and unhelmeted head. Limited to 200pcs worldwide, Masters of the Universe fans don't miss your chance to add this stunning statue to your collection!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...shock-9043201/

He-Man is available for Preorder as well

$425 limited to 700

Pop Culture Shock Collectibles has embarked on their most ambitious Masters of the Universe collectible yet! The He-Man Statue stands approximately 23" tall gripping his Power Sword and shield.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...-shock-904319/
    Last edited by Powersword123; January 9, 2019 at 12:00am.