Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spydor in MOTUC

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Spydor in MOTUC

Well, there are vehicles and there are beasts, and then there is the ultimate vehicle beast...Spydor.

Put logic and sanity to the side for a minute. Having this with our figures would be ten kinds of awesome, in my mind.

So, who would like to see Spydor in Masters of the Universe Classics???

spydorart.jpg

Hell to the yes!!! But it would cost a fortune.

Since vintage MotU started to lose appeal and steam with me starting with wave 4... I'd rather have an Attak Trak or Talon Fighter before that. Even a Road Ripper (which is not too far out, IMO) or Stridor/Night Stalker, really.

I was never into the "too out there" figures, creatures and vehicles. To be honest, even Buzz-Off or Clawful already stuck out like sore thumbs for me back in the day. So, while Spydor was kinda creepy-cool back in the day, my memories don't hinge even nearly as much on it like on certain other vehicles, beasts or characters.

I'd buy it, but not before Stridor or the Talon Fighter.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Give it to me before any more Heroic vehicles!

Yeah. But this is a vehicle I would buy at most 3. But I wonder if the could use part of the Roton to accomplish this.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Yep! Still remember the day I got it, and proudly showing how it worked to my Godparents that evening .

Ahh, nostalgia .

It would be amazing.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Actually, tooling wouldn't be so bad. All of the legs could use the same mold. Should be easier to make than Stridor, but Stridor can be used for Nightstalker.

Heroic Warrior
    This was one of my favorite vehicles when I was a kid because of the walking action it had....I would totally buy one.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    I want Spydor. 8 legs please!

Heroic Warrior
    Not before Attak Trak and Talon Fighter & Point Dread.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I would dig it, but it's not atop my list. Since it was later in the line I am not as connected to it as earlier vehicles. Attak Trak would be first choice for me, followed closely by Road Ripper and Dragon Walker. Those just have more nostalgia attached for me. But honestly any vehicles would be cool. That is the one area this line has been lacking in, vehicles and playsets. Those were such a key piece of the vintage line.

For me, Spydor was the main beast/vehicle for the Evil warriors, while the Dragon Walker held that position for the Heroic warriors. Both were battery powered and both were the coolest toys on earth, back in the Eighties! I have a vintage Spydor, though I never got the vintage Dragon Walker. If these were made, for Classics, they would probably not be battery powered. Spydor would be awesome with eight(?) posable legs, while the Dragon Walker would loose some of its purpose without the battery powered feature. Nevertheless, I would buy them both, in instant..!
    Leech sucks..!

I'd love to see Spydor in MOTUC!!

Though I'll take the Land Shark first.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

As long as Stridor and Nightstalker aren't left out because of it. I think the Roton is a more iconic vehicle for the villains (they kind of got the shaft in terms of vehicles), but I still think Spidor would be a more visually impactful addition to MOTUC over the Roton. I do have an affinity for the Talon Fighter too though. I never had it as a kid, but always wanted it, plus it would be an add on to the most epic piece in this line, making it doubly cool, so I'd hope for that first.

But, putting logic aside, as you said, yeah, it/he would be amazing. The only vehicles I really think are so iconic that they need to be made are Dragon Walker, Attack Track (toy version), Talon Fighter, Roton, Spidor, and Mantisaur. I didn't include the mechanical horses because I see them as beasts, and the others as vehicles. I also have a personal affinity for the Road Ripper. I always saw it as an Eternian motor cycle, which made it one of my favorite rides back in the day.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; December 6, 2014 at 10:05am.

Heroic Warrior
    It's about time the villains get their own big vehicle. I don't care if it's Spydor or Roton, one of these things need to be made before I am buying an Attack Trak let alone a Point Dread...

I'd rather have a Land shark. :-)
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'd love one, but if we could only get one or even two more vehicles in this line (I don't expect we can), it ought to be Stridor, Roton, Point Dread, or Landshark before something as large as Spydor. Honestly if Battle Ram is $100+ then Spydor would probably cost as much as a new playset, and then more people would want Snake Mountain.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I would not hesitate to buy one. Never had one as a kid, but have always loved the idea of Spydor and wanted it.

Heroic Warrior
    I definitely agree we should get Nightstalker and Strydor. I'm still surprised we haven't seen them since it's a 2 for 1 tooling. Maybe we will get them in Beast slots this year. I'd love that.

I am amazed there wasn't a thread dedicated to Spydor before (As you said the other day All American)

I would buy it in a heartbeat, never had the original.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

obviously. I dreamed about this thing after I got it. Long after everyone I knew forgot this thing existed (until I found the internet) I remembered this as the best vehicle toy I ever owend. It was my pet fer crying out loud. I kinda thought it was alive. I'd just stare at it for what felt like hours, just studying the sculpt.

Yes, this will never come out for MOTUC.

Pack it with Filmation Skeletor and you have a guaranteed hit.

It would probably cost a whole lot of money...but I'd buy it. Much rather see the land shark like many others.