Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Nintendo Amiibo figurines: Is anyone collecting them?

I picked up Simon Belmont (finally!!!), Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Incineroar!

Richter Belmont and Dark Samus are due out in February 2020.

Now, I can't wait for the Joker, Banjo Kazooie, and Terry Bogard announcement!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    So only the Ultimate DLC guys remain? I wonder if Nintendo's going to continue making amiibo after the last of the Smash Bros. characters come out. It seems like releases are down to a trickle, with the only non-Smash amiibo announced being gold Shovel Knight and the Shovel Knight three-pack.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    So only the Ultimate DLC guys remain? I wonder if Nintendo's going to continue making amiibo after the last of the Smash Bros. characters come out. It seems like releases are down to a trickle, with the only non-Smash amiibo announced being gold Shovel Knight and the Shovel Knight three-pack.
    Yeah... it kind of stinks how they have slowed down so much.

I was surprised that we only got one Amiibo for Link's Awakening and NO Amiibo for Luigi's Mansion 3... not even a new Luigi with the Poltergust G-00.

Pokemon Sword and Shield should have had some new Amiibo and Mario Maker 2 was another missed opportunity... Both of these games could really use the NFC compatibility in great ways.

I am sure that Nintendo will have new Amiibo based on Breath of the Wild 2, and I've got my hopes up that we will see some DOOM related Amiibo next summer because of the exclusive agreement that Nintendo has with I.D.

Plus, we have a new Mario main-line title coming out along with Metroid Prime 4... so I would love more Amiibo based on these franchises - and new and better ways of implementing them in the games themselves.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah... it kind of stinks how they have slowed down so much.

I was surprised that we only got one Amiibo for Link's Awakening and NO Amiibo for Luigi's Mansion 3... not even a new Luigi with the Poltergust G-00.

Pokemon Sword and Shield should have had some new Amiibo and Mario Maker 2 was another missed opportunity... Both of these games could really use the NFC compatibility in great ways.

I am sure that Nintendo will have new Amiibo based on Breath of the Wild 2, and I've got my hopes up that we will see some DOOM related Amiibo next summer because of the exclusive agreement that Nintendo has with I.D.

Plus, we have a new Mario main-line title coming out along with Metroid Prime 4... so I would love more Amiibo based on these franchises - and new and better ways of implementing them in the games themselves.
    I think Nintendo understands the *craze* part of the line is done, especially since there are no toy stores anymore and there's limited space in Target, Walmart, and Best Buy for them beyond Christmas.
    People may not realize it, but Toys R Us had an insane amount of inventory. Even when people were looking for the short packed figures you could generally find a character you didn't have yet.
    Even a lot of the ones that are pricey now, TRU had in droves. I got my Callie/Marie two-pack there and they had a slew of them at the time where Gamestop stores may have gotten like six if that.

I don't see the line going away completely though. Despite the Amiibo Festival game and line bombing, most of them have done well enough to justify production. Obviously, Smash Wii U/Smash Ultimate has by far been the most successful. I managed to get every character for the previous Smash, I haven't picked up the ultimate ones. But I have been trying to track down all of the Splatoon line because I love them so much
    Several months ago I got the octoling 3 pack. I'm only now missing the redecos of the First three figures, the Splatoon 2 girl, and Splatoon 2 boy. These have been quite elusive.
    I'm very fortunate I bought the Squid Sisters when I did, and that I preordered Off The Hook. You wouldn't believe what these are going for in the aftermarket.

Amiibo are still huge in Japan, and there are many figures exclusive to the region driving up the import prices as international completionists go bonkers. That said, if you don't
    mind Japanese names instead of North American ones on your packaging, many of the Japanese releases are still less expensive than the North American ones in the aftermarket.

A while ago Kelsey Lewin did a video on them with MetalJesusRocks

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

My kids have a bunch of them but I never collected them. They are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I think Nintendo understands the *craze* part of the line is done, especially since there are no toy stores anymore and there's limited space in Target, Walmart, and Best Buy for them beyond Christmas.
    People may not realize it, but Toys R Us had an insane amount of inventory. Even when people were looking for the short packed figures you could generally find a character you didn't have yet.
    Even a lot of the ones that are pricey now, TRU had in droves. I got my Callie/Marie two-pack there and they had a slew of them at the time where Gamestop stores may have gotten like six if that.

I don't see the line going away completely though. Despite the Amiibo Festival game and line bombing, most of them have done well enough to justify production. Obviously, Smash Wii U/Smash Ultimate has by far been the most successful. I managed to get every character for the previous Smash, I haven't picked up the ultimate ones. But I have been trying to track down all of the Splatoon line because I love them so much
    Several months ago I got the octoling 3 pack. I'm only now missing the redecos of the First three figures, the Splatoon 2 girl, and Splatoon 2 boy. These have been quite elusive.
    I'm very fortunate I bought the Squid Sisters when I did, and that I preordered Off The Hook. You wouldn't believe what these are going for in the aftermarket.

Amiibo are still huge in Japan, and there are many figures exclusive to the region driving up the import prices as international completionists go bonkers. That said, if you don't
    mind Japanese names instead of North American ones on your packaging, many of the Japanese releases are still less expensive than the North American ones in the aftermarket.
    Yes, I made it my mission to collect every Splatoon themed Amiibo available! Personally, I think the Splatoon characters translate very well to this format and are some of the best looking Amiibo in the line. (You have to get the SSBU Inkling, she looks incredible!)

At this point, I have every single Amiibo that has been produced, with the exception of three of the Monster Hunter and four of the Animal Crossing characters... (Just not a fan...)

I hope that they remain big sellers in Japan, so that I can at least continue to import them if they decide to stop development for the NA market...

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    My kids have a bunch of them but I never collected them. They are cool.
    Nice, now you need Switch for your kids to unlock exclusive amiibo content for them now.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Nice, now you need Switch for your kids to unlock exclusive amiibo content for them now.
    A surprisingly robust amount of Switch titles have varying degrees of Amiibo support too!

I only have a few. My favourite is the original Inkling Girl.
    This message has been Orko Approved

Heads up, Richter Belmont and Dark Samus were released today!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I got home this afternoon to find that the package containing my Samus and Richter was stolen from my porch...

I was so excited to check them out in-hand. Now I have to open a case with UPS and I fear that it will all be for naught, because on their website it shows a "proof of delivery" which is basically just the shipping information.

Ugh...

I ordered those plus Simon from Gamestop the other day. I received Simon yesterday in a padded envelope. Good thing I'm not a MOC collector.