Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is MOTUC your last stop?

Heroic Warrior
    I cant say for sure but right now I have to say yes

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    With the emergence of the new Masters of the Universe Origins line by Mattel, thought this might be a good time to revitalize this thread. While I am happy for those fans excited about it, it reinforces my feeling that Masters of the Universe Classics line is my last stop/major collection for the brand. I hope it can continue in some form by Super7, I will keep buying Classics as long as they keep making them, but I've got every regular release so far and it feels quite good. There are more figures I want in Classics, though we're hundreds deep now, can't complain about that.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    With the emergence of the new Masters of the Universe Origins line by Mattel, thought this might be a good time to revitalize this thread. While I am happy for those fans excited about it, it reinforces my feeling that Masters of the Universe Classics line is my last stop/major collection for the brand. I hope it can continue in some form by Super7, I will keep buying Classics as long as they keep making them, but I've got every regular release so far and it feels quite good. There are more figures I want in Classics, though we're hundreds deep now, can't complain about that.
    CC and CG are my last stop. I'm collecting Classics (CC) the most, but I've been filling some holes with specific CG figures. By no means I'm going to start over again. So, if these lines are done, I'm also done collecting MOTU. Vintage look is not my stuff.
    Last edited by man-at-work; June 13, 2019 at 12:05pm.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Yeah - many years ago, we were wishing for a rebirth, but we have been living one! Classics, TLS, Megaconstrux... I can't keep up! So, I think Classics will do it for me, but if my kids want stuff, I will probably support them.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Obviously, I don't speak for anybody but myself. That said, I have read quite a few posts by ORGers saying they will be done if Classics stops. If/when Classics is done, it has been one hell of a run. Looking back, I never expected anything like Granymar, or a Battle Ram to happen, let alone something as grand as Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain! I'm still holding out hope that S7 ( or Mattel ) will occasionally release figures under the Classics label, even if only a few a year.

Me? I'm excited about this line, and cannot wait to see more. But I'm a Cherry Picker, so a 'complete' collection isn't really a thing for me. I've often imagined a Vintage styled line with modern articulation, so this is a dream come true.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Obviously, I don't speak for anybody but myself. That said, I have read quite a few posts by ORGers saying they will be done if Classics stops. If/when Classics is done, it has been one hell of a run. Looking back, I never expected anything like Granymar, or a Battle Ram to happen, let alone something as grand as Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain! I'm still holding out hope that S7 ( or Mattel ) will occasionally release figures under the Classics label, even if only a few a year.

Me? I'm excited about this line, and cannot wait to see more. But I'm a Cherry Picker, so a 'complete' collection isn't really a thing for me. I've often imagined a Vintage styled line with modern articulation, so this is a dream come true.
    Well, they are releasing the MOTUC Slime He-Man. So, that could be a start. (They *really* seem to like that character, BTW.) I'll, of course, still be a fan - I just don't know where to put all this stuff!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC is the last stop for me.

I actually promised my wife that Classics would be the last line I fully dedicate myself to and I aim to keep that promise.

Of course, that won't stop me cherry picking a few pieces after this line is done....
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I hate to say it, but when Classics * is done, I'm almost certainly done with MOTU figure collecting. Probably for good, given what's out there for MOTU otherwise. Filmation ala CG: never. Reaction figures? Zero interest. The aberration that has been wrought by the new She-Ra series? Infuriating and fandom-killing for me. Vintage-ish 5.5 figures? Fire them into the sun, for all I care.

* as in Classics proper, as in : I do not consider CG "Classics" at all, nor do I abide Filmation-y low-detail in some recent CC figures.

As terrible as it may be to say, I sort of wish we had 3rd party renditions of MOTU figuers ala Classic-likes, in the same way the TF collecting community has third party Masterpiece-ish options (particularly with Takara chasing after the godawful animation-accurate dumb-i-fication of the Masterpiece line itself). So, I sort of daydream about some third party coming along to do for MOTUC what third parties have done for TF Masterpiece-ishness. That would keep me going on the MOTUC-(ish?) train indefinitely.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; June 13, 2019 at 01:06am.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think a lot of this depends on who Mattel intends on aiming their new products to. MOTUC was aimed at the old fan base from the 80s and 200X to support it, it was labelled as an adult line, online exclusive, and therefore the onus was on us to support it. If we didnít buy the subs, no line for us.

Mattel IMO canít expect the existing fan base to support the new lines entirely, they need to have a plan to expand the community and get kids on board. I will always collect MOTU in some capacity and I see myself buying the new figures (perhaps cherry picking) but MOTUC was the line for me and I think after eleven years weíve had more than we ever expected Ė this includes the stuff S7 produced.

I am so happy Mattel is making new product though, I can't wait to see the new movie stuff they release too down the line.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Not my final stop.

Hello Everyone, I intend to keep collecting MOTU beyond both MOTU:C and Club Grayskull (Filmation). MOTU is my all time favourite toy based property and I am just addictted to the franchise. I do realize that people have to make the choices that are right for their budget and space.
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

Classics Club Grayskull line is the last stop for me. If there would be retail I can snag a few since my daughter like some of them, but CG will be the line that I'll end up with.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Classics look much better than the origins for adult collectors in my opinion. However, I was late to the party for classics so Iím excited to start origins collection from the start. I do hope classics are continued as i have most of the club grayskull and want to continue that collection too. Classics are nearly impossible to top so I can understand folks making classics their last stop.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    As far as hardcore, completist collecting? Yep. Classics is definitely it for me. There's no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that I'll collect a new line all over again.

I think the new figures are awesome, the packaging looks magnificent, and I love the return to the early roots of the franchise.
    I'm also happy for my friends who had an opportunity to work on the packaging and mini-comic insert. It all looks absolutely wonderful and it brings back the great memories of 1982.

I may pick random ones up on occasion, as I've done with the Super7 neo-vintage figures here and there, but I just can’t see myself collecting a brand new line when MOTU Classics (at nearly 300 figures) has already gone so deep into the character roster, with several more key characters yet to be made to truly "complete" the lineup (rest of New Adventures Mutants and Galactic Guardians, Twiggets, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, 200x-style King Miro, Masks of Power Demons, Sharella, Minox, Meteorbs, Master Sebrian, Shezar, He-Ra, and many others).

Even though I personally won’t be riding this new train, at least in terms of collecting a potential new line, I wish Mattel the best. I'll certainly enjoy looking at the photos of any new figures that are posted online.

I just really hope we continue to see more Classics in the mix too.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; June 13, 2019 at 01:40pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Short answer to the OP's question? Yes Classics is it for me. Unless they do those dolls Mattel showed off at power-con last year, except the men look off somehow.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Yes, Classics was definitely it for me. I am still holding out hope that Mattel brings it back in house before Super7 messes it up even further. If they do, and fix what S7 has done, I will be back in full-on collecting mode again. Otherwise, I have finished my MOTU collecting. No interest in the Origins line.

There is sooo much left that Mattel could do with Classics!!

P.S. While these new figures do nothing for me, the packaging and artwork is stellar!
    Last edited by Donimo; June 13, 2019 at 02:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    As far as hardcore, completist collecting? Yep. Classics is definitely it for me. There's no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that I'll collect a new line all over again.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. No way am I starting over. Maybe - MAYBE - if Classics hadn't been as successful and delved so deep into the character roster, I'd consider collecting a new line. That's why I was (eventually) willing to replace my 200x collection with MOTUC. But I sincerely doubt any future MOTU toyline will release as many different characters (not to mention beasts, vehicles, and playsets) as Classics did.

I do hope that Classics will at least continue long enough to give us at least a few more new figures. But if it doesn't, I'm satisfied with the collection and feel no need to start a new one.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

I think the new figures are awesome, the packaging looks magnificent, and I love the return to the early roots of the franchise.
    I'm also happy for my friends who had an opportunity to work on the packaging and mini-comic insert. It all looks absolutely wonderful and it brings back the great memories of 1982.

I may pick random ones up on occasion, as I've done with the Super7 neo-vintage figures here and there, but I just can’t see myself collecting a brand new line when MOTU Classics (at nearly 300 figures) has already gone so deep into the character roster, with several more key characters yet to be made to truly "complete" the lineup (rest of New Adventures Mutants and Galactic Guardians, Twiggets, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, 200x-style King Miro, Masks of Power Demons, Sharella, Minox, Meteorbs, Master Sebrian, Shezar, He-Ra, and many others).

Even though I personally won’t be riding this new train, at least in terms of collecting a potential new line, I wish Mattel the best. I'll certainly enjoy looking at the photos of any new figures that are posted online.

I just really hope we continue to see more Classics in the mix too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. No way am I starting over. Maybe - MAYBE - if Classics hadn't been as successful and delved so deep into the character roster, I'd consider collecting a new line. That's why I was (eventually) willing to replace my 200x collection with MOTUC. But I sincerely doubt any future MOTU toyline will release as many different characters (not to mention beasts, vehicles, and playsets) as Classics did.

I do hope that Classics will at least continue long enough to give us at least a few more new figures. But if it doesn't, I'm satisfied with the collection and feel no need to start a new one.
    You guys said it perfectly. I wanted more classics especially new adventures, but I feel....complete.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I’m probably in the minority as I lump Classics and Grayskull lines together as a single collection. If Classics ends I’d be happy to continue to collect the animation line. If the Grayskull lines ends then that will most definitely be the end for me. My only concern for a Grayskull only situation is that there are still some vintage vehicles/mounts and a couple of little play sets that I’d love to add to the collection.

The past ten years have been a blast. I’ve been collecting the brand for considerably longer than I did as a kid and my collection is far more vast. Considering that the line has largely continued for as long as it has due to fan support it’s a badge that I’m proud to ware.

If this all ends with the brand reverting back to Mattel I’ll have no regrets. We’ve gotten an awesome collection. But I wouldn’t mind dropping a little more cash to complete all of the items from the vintage line that we haven’t seen yet.

I may keep getting mega construx, I have been thinking about going down to one set of the filmation classics line since super7 took over. Origins look OK just can't invest in it.

Would love for them to keep classics going in some way.

It would be cool if they did a drive to complete NA. Maybe after that beasts and vehicles.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Nope, Classics is definitely not the end for me. It's certainly the main focus of my collection, but I intend to continue to collect other MOTU items that are released in the future.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I have been a HeMan kid since my first figure at age 3 in 1983. I will always collect figures based on the media of the vintage era, be it Classics, Club Grayskull, or Neo-vintage, Super7, or Mattel. I donít give 2 flips about figures from 2000x, new Movie, Toyguruís fan fic, or PC She-ra reboot. As long as figures are made based on classic cannon Iím there.

MOTU vintage cannon ended when New Adventures aired its last episode, just like Star Wars ended on Endor, and Ghostbusters ended after they defeated Vigo

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I said that MOTUC would more or less be "my last stop" previously, but I won't lie... That new Origins He-Man figure kind of sucked me in as soon as I saw it!

It was a combination of both excitement and frustration for starting a new line.

That said, I may not be nearly as "completest" with this new line as I have been with Classics. With MOTUC, I have bought pretty much everything that has come out in the line. Granted, the sub model made making any other choice difficult, but I went into the line with a "completest" mentality, so in that sense the sub model was never really an issue and was largely helpful except for when some items weren't included in it.

But at the same time, there are definitely some figures in the line that I could have lived without if they hadn't been made, and I would have likely skipped or sold off if I had been cherry picking the line instead of being all in.

If this new line of figures even remotely begins to expand to the same extent that MOTUC has, where the most obscure of obscure characters are being included, I'll most likely have to draw a line somewhere and just get the figures that I really want.

For MOTU, yes. MOTUC will be my last stop, so I really hope it will continue in reduced form.

1)
    the only MegaBlocks MOTU thing that I would like to buy would be a case Mattel did a MOTUC/MegaBlocks crossover release, and released MegaBlocks Meteorbs in MOTUC beast size: for example Comet-Cat of equal size to Battle-Cat, Gore-illa of equal size to Gygor, Astro-Lion/Battle-Lion ... etc. The angular MegaBlocks pieces could work well with these robot-like creaturs, not to mention it would keep the re-building/transforming action feature of the vintage Meterobs

2)
    I also liked what Icon Heroes did - the Castle Grayskull ans Snake Mountain statues. These are incredible sculpts, they are relatively small (compared to MOTUC) and save space. For that reason I would be willing to buy various versions of Castle Grayskull (the one that they already did, also new one that would look like MOTUC but in small size) or Snake Mountain (the one that they already did, also new one inspired by MYP cartoon (black/blue with one head and also green/gray with three heads) ... etc.)
    Last edited by Sabretooth; June 13, 2019 at 05:09pm.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Some fellow orgers are saying they feel their Classics collection is complete. Unfortunately for me I don't have the same feeling, I have so many years in the hopes to get a Sagitar figure, and several years thinking that if I get that figure I'll be finally done, but it never happened. So, Classisc is last stop but, incomplete for me.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Not sure. I was stating in the thread for the new line that if Mattel let's Super 7 continue Motuc I would be more prone to buying the new line.
    However, if Motuc is cancelled in favor of this new line, This may be it for me since I cannot support a company that keeps dangling and retracting the Motu carrot...