Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is MOTUC your last stop?

Heroic Warrior
    The best for Motuc is give the line the 4H, not super 7 bad quality.

Court Magician
    I love MOTU from the bottom of my heart, but outside of these Classics figures I tend to collect well constructed modern import figures. Classics might as well be ReActions with the type of discrepancy that exists between it and the other stuff on my shelf, strictly in terms of engineering. But I love the Classics as a concept and the sculpts have the potential to be true stand-outs, harkening back to those crazy 90s and 00s days when everyone was trying to top the competitors with as much detail as possible.

But there's no way I can rekindle an interest in a $20+ retail MOTU line. Not with the anachronistic quality that Mattel puts forward when left to their own devices and without a reactive (and combative) online community that they are dependent upon for success, thus having to listen to. And Super7 is nothing but frustration wrapped up in uncertainty and topped with a pretty ribbon of "Prototype shown; actual product may vary." Issue after issue after issue, and rather than addressing key points up front by default and never repeating mistakes it's left to a human shield of online supporters to stymie the conversation instead of letting it force change. It's a tiring thing that I don't experience in any of the other fandoms I am invested in via my collecting. I don't look forward to either the disappointment of the figures in-hand, or the type of conversations I witness as a result. I consider MOTUC to be the only portion of my hobby that is, in some ways, punishing.

Without Mega Construx, I would probably have checked out entirely already. So there is potential for MOTU in my life post-Classics, but none of the parties involved at the moment really deserve my money beyond simple $5 figurines. Mega Construx is a game changer because of the low money investment requirement, the low expectations for such an inexpensive line, and the constant reintroduction of key characters with fresh takes. I love it. The insanely beautiful sculpts had their time in the sun, but now it's transitioned to something simpler that reflects the level of willingness that the license holders have in giving us a proper MOTU line. They're about $5 in, I would say.

I will be tempted to buy any and everything MOTU, but MOTUC is THE line to me, the focal point of my collection. Everything else is just extras on the side.
    I can't see me going all-in on any other MOTU line again, I will just cherry pick items I like. MOTUC is the one line I desperately want to see continued, it still has a few more years in it, even if the releases are slowed down.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I really hope Super7 has some surprizes for us at SDCC like saying they finally got the Thundercats lic. I love that they are branching out with other license in the MOTUC buck structure and If they get thundercats and offer us Thundercats Classics to finish up the Core teams first I would throw my money at that so fast I mean if they offered a six figure Thundercats linup of Tygra, Cheetara, Slythe, Monkian, Spirit of Jaga with a soft goods cape and Mumm-Ra The Ever Living with a Soft goods cape I would be in heaven.
    On the Thundercats classics tangent - if you think Super 7 would start Thundercats Classics without including Lion-O and Panthro I think you're crazy. In fact I think they'd almost have to in order to not limit your customer base to only people who subscribed to Mattel's offering 4 years prior. And the fact is I would happily re-buy those characters if it guaranteed I'd get Tygra, Cheetarah, Slythe and Monkian (and Bengali and Lynx-O and Jaga and Grune and Chilla and Willa and Vultureman and Ratar-O and Snow Man and.... you get the idea)

Heroic Warrior
    As it happens, I missed too much of Classics to ever get a foothold and S7ís prices were out of my budget for single figures.

I planned to get back into 5.5s with Funkoís Savage World/Primal Age and S7ís vintage.

I even had a commemorative Panthor and Battlecat and Classics Orko.

But Vintage failed to impress. They felt hollow. My first Skeletorís leg snapped off and had to be replaced. Primal Ageís Amazon release from Funko was also a disaster.

I rebought the Target release of Primal Age and was THRILLED at Funkoís fixes. The figures had heft.

But the hollow ABS plastic of Vintage left me paranoid about fiddling with them. I sold mine off with Battlecat and Panthor.

This Origins line will keep my Classics Orko company.

Iím not going to be completist. Canít really afford to. But Iíll get the main 6 or so per side plus Hordak, King Hiss, Modulok, etc. Whatever grabs me.

My Transformers collection is nearly in maintenance mode. Only a few left I want or want to upgrade if a better version comes along. Which frees me up to look at a core MOTU collection with a priority on the main characters and then whatever grabs me.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    On the Thundercats classics tangent - if you think Super 7 would start Thundercats Classics without including Lion-O and Panthro I think you're crazy. In fact I think they'd almost have to in order to not limit your customer base to only people who subscribed to Mattel's offering 4 years prior. And the fact is I would happily re-buy those characters if it guaranteed I'd get Tygra, Cheetarah, Slythe and Monkian (and Bengali and Lynx-O and Jaga and Grune and Chilla and Willa and Vultureman and Ratar-O and Snow Man and.... you get the idea)
    Besides they can make some much needed fixes to Lion-O and the others to make them different from Mattel's releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    My Transformers collection is nearly in maintenance mode. Only a few left I want or want to upgrade if a better version comes along. Which frees me up to look at a core MOTU collection with a priority on the main characters and then whatever grabs me.
    I know what you mean. I love Transformers but over the years I have sold basically 95+% of my collection. Aside from a couple G1 childhood toys I only have a few of the more recent release from the past couple years.

Same with my vintage MOTU and Thundercats collection, over the years I sold all of them. All I have now is a few Classics I recently purchased of my favourite characters.

If Origins is easily available at a good price in the UK I will probably get some of the main characters.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    What Fixes? Out of curiosity lol! I know Pumyra is a tad tall...

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    What Fixes? Out of curiosity lol! I know Pumyra is a tad tall...
    Lion-O is a tad too short and his clawshied is wrong, it should be smaller, smooth and metallic and the way it connects to his belt could be better engineered.
    Jackalman's knees are wrongly assembled.
    Wilykat's sleeve is the wrong colour.
    Mumm-Ra could have a fabrick cloak.
    As you also said Pumyra is too tall.

It is one of the two toy lines I collect, no 5.5 or Reaction or POP funkos Masters...just Classics,I am with it until it ends.

I am really surprised we got 11 years, 300ish figures, playsets, vehicles...if it is ending soon...then all my toy money goes to my other collection.

Nope, MOTUC is not the last stop for me.

I love the property too much to completely stop. I'll gladly collect anything that fits in with the vintage line, so if Super7 and Mattel wants to give us Neo Vintage, I'm all for it.

And I'm sure I'll probably pick up whatever movie merchandise is released as well.

With that said, I hope that MOTUC can still keep going for a number of years, there's still way too many characters that need to be made. I know many people think we've hit the bottom of the barrel but it's the obscure and newness that I've enjoyed the most when it comes to MOTUC instead of the familiarity we're all used to.

At the very least there's probably still 100 characters that I feel need to be made before this line ends. Though in a dream world, MOTUC would end when we hit 500 figures.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I have a few figures still on order but aside from that I'm already done with motuc as I don't see any value for money in these figures anymore, if this new line becomes readily available though I will start collecting it.

Heroic Warrior
    Hard to say. I love MOTUC. We will never get another line this comprehensive so I hope itís not over. I really want all the NA figures. I know thatís unpopular but I really do. Iím at the point where Iíd pay good money for customs.

The Neo line looks cool and the packaging is sweet. I just donít know if I could go all in again on yet another line.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Ah, gotcha lol! I figured the claw-shield was just kind of based on how LJN interpreted it! I know Panthro could definitely use nunchucks with a switchable shorter chain, or maybe just a second pair? Would love to see the line continue though, I especially want figures of Mongor, Hammerhand, and Driller!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Is MOTUC Your Last Stop?

If my comment here is going off topic, my apologizes as to I wanted to answer the question on this thread in the best way i can....

After a fun and not so fun times of an adventure with Masters Of The Universe Classics going back since I started this journey back in 2008.... Yes MOTUC will be my last stop after the 87 movie figures and of course Snake Mountain from Super7. However, this gives me an opportunity to collect Mega Construx. I'm enjoying collecting that line and for the first time EVER!!! ha...i'm buying me sets of 2's of Mega figures, along with getting me an extra Wind raider last night.

On a side note I do hope the "As Seen on TV" 5.5 MOTU Figures continue, especially with the news going on with Mattel and the toy rights and such....

So yes with the possible direction in the future MOTU Classics is headed, I know that i will not continue buying from that line. Everything that i have gotten from classics up to this point has been good. I also do not know what would be coming up next in Classics, since at least speaking for myself, i have almost everything that i wanted in Classics. There just a few holes so to speak to fill that I was not able to purchase back then, like the Roton in Classics

So overall aside from Classics, I feel very optimistic with MOTU going forward, especially with the new movie coming up.

LONG LIVE MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    Ah, gotcha lol! I figured the claw-shield was just kind of based on how LJN interpreted it! I know Panthro could definitely use nunchucks with a switchable shorter chain, or maybe just a second pair? Would love to see the line continue though, I especially want figures of Mongor, Hammerhand, and Driller!
    Yeah there is definitely changes they could make to the figures to make them worthwhile purchases for those with the Mattel figures.
    The clawshield issue was discussed in the Thundercats thread.