Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What book concept should Dark Horse Books publish next?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There are a lot of 80s toy lines that do not have toy guides.
    That's true Val, though I can't think of any quite so large as MOTU.

Barbie, GI Joe, Transformers, Hot Wheels, Lego, even Mr. Potato Head- all had numerous guides. Not sure about Thundercats, but then Thundercats never moved as many units as MOTU.

Having collected several of the lines, I've always felt like MOTU was Mattel's redheaded stepchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker² View Post
    That's true Val, though I can't think of any quite so large as MOTU.

Barbie, GI Joe, Transformers, Hot Wheels, Lego, even Mr. Potato Head- all had numerous guides. Not sure about Thundercats, but then Thundercats never moved as many units as MOTU.

Having collected several of the lines, I've always felt like MOTU was Mattel's redheaded stepchild.
    Part of that may also be the extent of those lines.

Just the G1 Transformers line alone had almost 350 releases. And then when you get into G2 and beyond, that's a crazy number of releases!
    G.I. Joe RAH had something like 150+ of just the figures, coupled with more vehicles than MOTU had, and then you can go into all the releases since then.
    and let's not even attempt to count Barbie.

MOTU, while huge for it's time, hasn't had the product quantity or length-span some of those other brands have enjoyed.

Again, I'm just spit-balling a reason for a lack of people rushing to do a guide. I do think a guide would be awesome, regardless of all that!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Again, I'm just spit-balling a reason for a lack of people rushing to do a guide. I do think a guide would be awesome, regardless of all that!
    Hasn't Pixel Dan been teasing a guide about a year ago? What happened to that project?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Hasn't Pixel Dan been teasing a guide about a year ago? What happened to that project?
    I didn't see any confirmation from Pixel Dan that he was actually teasing a toy guide.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't see any confirmation from Pixel Dan that he was actually teasing a toy guide.
    Then let me ask you what was he teasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Then let me ask you what was he teasing?
    Guess we're gonna find out!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Dan just likes to show off his collection and photography-skills. And in the photos Val clearly is enabling him.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Are some of the Dark Horse books out of print? Or are we just between printings right now? I was going to finally grab the Minicomic and Filmation books, but Amazon only has them available from 3rd party sellers.
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    Are some of the Dark Horse books out of print? Or are we just between printings right now? I was going to finally grab the Minicomic and Filmation books, but Amazon only has them available from 3rd party sellers.
    Yes, some are running out of their print runs. We don't know yet if they'll reprint them.