Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What book concept should Dark Horse Books publish next?

Here's two more book ideas:

1. A collection of translated He-Man and She-Ra comics that have only ever been issued in languages other than English.
    2. New comics based on the unproduced episodes of the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra shows.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see a MOTU book entirely devoted to the Vintage '80's figures & art, i.e.:

All of the artwork on the cards, figure cardbacks & boxes.

All of the artwork from the MOTU magazines.

Pictures of all the figures, vehicles, etc.

The "Art of" MOTU book that came out earlier this year was great, but it didn't include nearly all of the Vintage artwork/pics. of the Vintage figures...

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see a compilation of the MOTU coloring books I had as a kid... I'd probably buy a couple copies. I'd also love a new super detailed coloring book in the style of the new coloring books that have been coming out the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    I'd like to see a MOTU book entirely devoted to the Vintage '80's figures & art, i.e.:

All of the artwork on the cards, figure cardbacks & boxes.

All of the artwork from the MOTU magazines.

Pictures of all the figures, vehicles, etc.

The "Art of" MOTU book that came out earlier this year was great, but it didn't include nearly all of the Vintage artwork/pics. of the Vintage figures...
    Definitely! That would be number one on my list.

Also, I'd like to see all the Golden Books in a one book

I suspect the Golden books as a collection probably would not sell too well. As a hardcore fan, I think it would be great! But, unfortunately, probably not a very marketable book collection.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I suspect the Golden books as a collection probably would not sell too well. As a hardcore fan, I think it would be great! But, unfortunately, probably not a very marketable book collection.
    What collection(s) do you think would be marketable to non-diehard fans after the Filmation Cartoon book?

What I feel might sell and what Dark Horse, DreamWorks and/or Mattel feels might sell could be different. But, still, I'll hold my tongue as to not imply any spoilers of what is yet to come.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Should Darkhorse do a Who's Who, or Handbook next?

I'd love to get a handbook featuring character profiles, bios, ,and new art (AXEL please) from Adam to Zodac and EVERYONE in between.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Yes, I'd love a characters and creatures guide with bios, cardback or animation art, toy pictures, appearances references....From Adam to Zodak (with everyone including Granita, King Micah or the NA scientists in between)!
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle, Sharella
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

I would, if they really went all out and provided all of the various versions of history for every character. If, rather than trying to present a concrete unified vision of MOTU history, they presented every option we've had so far and celebrated the contradictions.

Also, we would need a LOT of new artwork!
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'd definitely want a who's who. But...given the scope of the project, I think it could be split into several volumes, like:

Who's Who in MOTU Vintage Action Figures
    Who's Who in Filmation MOTU
    Who's Who in Princess of POwer
    Who's Who in NA MOTU
    Who's Who in 200x MOTU
    Who's Who in MOTU Comics

I think several smaller volumes would allow for a more cohesive look with the archived artwork. For example, I would think the vintage action figure Who's Who would use all of the cardback artwork, Alcala artwork, etc. The 200X version could give us the storyline from the cartoon, and the comics could get everyone up to speed on the mythology from DC. So...there would be several different canons, in effect, but this would likely make everyone happy.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I've been "campaigning" for a MotUverse Encyclopedia ever since Dark Horse asked for suggestions for further books. It would be my #1 most wanted MotU-related book ever, and a reference for every fan (who nowadays needs to spend a lot of time looking up through a variety of sources all over the place anytime the need arises to retrieve some information that they can't recall from memory), and would even function as a reference for Mattel themselves (just remember Toyguru asking the more knowledgeable forumers to provide lists of XYZ-themed items).

An encyclopedia would encompass not only all the character profiles, but also articles on all the other things that make up the fictional universe (beasts, giants, vehicles, weapons, artifacts, spells, races/species, locations, buildings, cities, regions/"countries", planets...).

So, for example, it would include individual articles on specific Andreenid characters like Buzz-Off, Tyke, Queen Andreeno, and Stingrad (hopefully also Bumblor and the Andreenid Warriors), but also an article on the Andreenid species in general (their anatomy and their relationship to other species like the Kex), an article on Andreenos city (hopefully with newly-comissioned art for the city map) and Andreenid civilization (their history and customs, their "hive mind" social structure, their peaceful or hostile relations with other Eternian civilizations, etc.), an article about the Ambrosia stuff they produce (and the effect it had on Webstor), an article on the Andreenid ships(hopefully with a newly-comissioned cross-section), etc.

Most of this information already exists (parts of it can be found around this very website). So it's mainly a task of putting it all together into a coherent unified whole (a task that's already been started at Wikia, where one can already find encyclopedic articles on a variety of MotUverse topics). But it's also a task that's going to take a non-trivial amount of time and effort to complete. However, I wouldn't mind it if they published it in volumes (organized thematically or alphabetically), like it's sometimes done when publishing a new general-purpose encyclopedia (such as for a language that didn't have one before and whose compilation may take decades, so its volumes get progressively published as they're finished).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Yes, very much so. Especially since it would be able to give insight into characters that didn't usually get any real backstory.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

A Masters of the Universe Encyclopedia would be amazing on so many levels!

A comprehensive list of:

-Bios
    -Maps
    -Important locations
    -Important events (wars, marriages, births, deaths, etc...)
    -Histories
    -Species
    -Lineage
    -Chronology
    -Magic / Science / Sword
    -Timeline
    -Alternate dimensions/universes

Plus a master-list of:

-All promotional artwork
    -Sales ads
    -Interviews
    -Character designs
    -Vehicles
    -Weapons
    -Factions
    -Base of operations (Castle Grayskull, Eternos Palace, Snake Mountain, Despondos, etc...)

And more information on:

-Son of He-Man
    -Powers of Grayskull
    -200X Season 3
    -New Adventures season2
    -The future of MOTU??

Whew! Yes, this would be a dream-come-true!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would love for them to do a character encyclopedia of MOTU similar to the DC and Marvel ones.

They could cover everyone from toy, mini comic, Filmation, 200X, NA, POP, MOTUC, live action movie etc. It would be a huge book, with hundreds of characters.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Encyclopedia...It would be great to have all informations, bios, locations, history...etc..in one big book!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I would love to see a compilation of the MOTU coloring books I had as a kid... I'd probably buy a couple copies.
    I think this would sell horribly, lol, however it's probably the idea I've read that I'd like the most. Giant compilation coloring book. Some of those books were pretty thick to being with. Maybe just reprint them all and put them in a slip cover, otherwise they'd get hard to color.
    Want to trade for Battle Beasts. Show me what you've got!!!!

Since I had absolutely forgotten about the newspaper comics I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about in suggesting more, but...

I missed it anyway.

Magazine collection comics would be great. A proper toy guide would be nice. I got an old insert from an magazine that is a really nice layout of the vintage stuff (still missing a pic of Eternia though) so it would be welcome to have a nice toy collection book. That's probably my favourite.

Heroic Warrior
    A He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cookbook.

yum...

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    A He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cookbook.

yum...
    Ooo, we could finally learn how to make Adam's Famous Spiced Bread.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

We're here at the Library of Congress, doing in depth MOTU research for Dark Horse books. Penny Dreadful, gbagok and myself are going the distance!

Attached Images Attached Images

That is awesome! Research for the newspaper strip book? Or something new?
    Is not not licking toads

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    We're here at the Library of Congress, doing in depth MOTU research for Dark Horse books. Penny Dreadful, gbagok and myself are going the distance!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3&d=1467889622
    Oooh nice!

Give my best to both of them and hopefully it all benefits the newspaper strip-book tremendously!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    That is awesome! Research for the newspaper strip book? Or something new?
    Maybe a little from column A? Maybe a little from column B?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Oooh nice!
    Still time for you to jump on a plane and come help, Jukka!

Maybe a little from column A? Maybe a little from column B?

Still time for you to jump on a plane and come help, Jukka!
    Tease! Can't wait to see what's in store!
    Is not not licking toads