Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Ripper in MOTUC

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Road Ripper in MOTUC

One of the smallest vehicles in the original line was the Road Ripper. It could be one of the lower priced army building vehicles in MOTUC. A nice vintage addition at a lower cost.

Who would like to see the Road Ripper released in Classics?

268358_753458246623_7334112_n.jpg

It's always been a personal favorite of mine. To me it's in the same class as the Dragon Walker, Attack Track, Stridor, etc. I love that thing. I always saw it as an Eternian motorcycle.

I actually bought a vintage one of these last month. One of my Battle ground Teelas is sitting on it. It's a perfect size for her.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    I would absolutely love it. Not only is it cool, but I can remember vividly to this day getting it for my 5th birthday and seat belting in my figures to race around the house. Lots of fun Road Ripper memories and I'd love to have one in classics.

one of the members on here presented one that he had commissioned from someone who had a shapeways 3-D printer, at the power con in 2013. It was rather impressive and looked pretty solid.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I have zero interest in vehicles or playsets. But it would be cool for those that wanted it to be able to get one.

I am interested in it but I don't know if I would army build it like I did the Battle Ram or the Wind Raider.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I'd get one, although I'd be more interested in a Roton first

Yes to this! I do agree with Lich Leech though: Roton first. The baddies need more rides.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Both the ripper and Roton would be good choices; neither is too big for Mattel to consider, based on what they've made. After Point Dread, they may be looking for something smaller if they continue with the vehicles/playsets.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I think I would rathe a Laser Bolt over the Road Ripper, but I would be ok with the RR still.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'm in, but we need at least ONE bad guy vehicle. The "evil" Jet Sled barely count. Meanwhile, if we end up getting the Talon Fighter soon as that point dread tease hopefully suggests, it'll be good guy vehicle jamboree with nothing to combat them.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I'd be for it.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Same here. I had the Roton as a kid and I would love if they made it. Along w/ Stridor, that would actually fully complete my childhood collection.

I never had the Road Ripper, but I always liked the design of it, and b/c of its small size I think it would be a great fit for the line.

I would be interested in either the Roton or Road Ripper. Personally though. If Matty is going to rape my wallet... I want the Land Shark. I would gladly pay $100+ for it. It seems the Road Ripper would be a perfect candidate for getting that Filiation Teela they showed us a while back.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Who would like to see the Road Ripper released in Classics?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Would love a road ripper, and it may be easier to squeeze into the line somewhere...

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Totally agree! Roton is not so greater than road ripper and the guns have already been sculted

Attak Trak or I'll give you Flak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Attak Trak or I'll give you Flak.
    Definitely would love an Attak Trak!

I'd buy one as long as Mattel didn't include a boring figure just to jack up the price so they could make more money. Not that they haven't done that in the past, mind you.

I have told the story before... but will grudgingly relive my past once more for those who read this.

On my 6th birthday I received the Road Ripper as a present from my parents. I loved the thing, but unfortunately my sister, two years my junior and riddled with jealousy at my amazing gift took it upon herself to pick the thing up and cracked me over the back of the head with it, leaving me with a full on Ric Flair-esque blade job which ruined my new Flintstones jumper. I had to have seven stitches I think and to this day whenever I look at the Road Ripper I remember that fateful day.

Do I want one in MOTUC? Yeah, sure, why not.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I'm for it. I love the design and I've been kicking myself for not picking up one of the cool fan-made custom ones I saw on ebay a while back. The price seemed high at the time, but I wasn't thinking about the cost of developing and producing the thing.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh most definitely. . I remember playing with this in my hallway.. I wouldn't even care if it had the action feature or not..

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I'm totally in for the Road Ripper. One of my most wanted vehicles, definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Both the ripper and Roton would be good choices; neither is too big for Mattel to consider, based on what they've made. After Point Dread, they may be looking for something smaller if they continue with the vehicles/playsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Totally agree! Roton is not so greater than road ripper and the guns have already been sculted
    Uh? I keep hearing some people say the Roton is a small vehicle like the Road Ripper. Why? It's not. In fact, bodywise it is actually bigger than the Wind Raider (i.e., not counting the WR's wings). The Roton is totally a full-sized, "car-like" vehicle, in the same size-class (M) as the Wind Raider and the Battle Ram (or the Land Shark, or the Dragon Walker, for that matter), and thus its price tag should expectably be in the $50 to $100 ballpark. Whereas the Road Ripper is a smaller, "motorcycle-like" vehicle in the same size-class (S) as the Sky Sled, and its price tag should be under $50 (when factoring out the price of possible pack-in figures, that is).

Here's a comparison picture:
    Attachment 102231

There's also a third vehicle size-class (L), the "van-like" ones, including the Tank Trak/Attak Truk (Filmation's Attak Trak), which could be labelled "oversized vehicles" and whose price we might guess in the $100 to $200 ballpark. And a fourth size-class (XXL), the "juggernaut-like" ones, that include motherships and the like (Starship Eternia, Mutant Mothership, Horde Prime's Ship*), which we may label "playset-sized vehicles" and whose price tag would be in the $200+ ballpark. The Collector and the Annihilator could be kind of in between these two size classes, depending on how big Matty chose to make them; so maybe we should consider a fifth, "truck-like" size category (XL), for vehicles that might end up with a price point around $150-$200. And, well, to complete the picture, we could also say there's a sixth size category (XS), the "skateboard-like" ones, or "accessory-sized vehicles" (like the Air Centurion's hoverdisk), with a price point under $25.

(*) Not sure about the name. It looks like a Horde Monstron, but I'd guess maybe it should be kind of bigger?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog