Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Road Ripper in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'd love a Road Ripper…and I'd prefer for it to have the model kit influence. This and Attak Trak are at the top of my want list.
    I don't believe there was any model kit version of the Road Ripper.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I don't believe there was any model kit version of the Road Ripper.
    Ya know what…you're right. I was picturing the teeth in my mind and that was the model kit version of the Attak Trak. I'll slink away now lol…

Seriously though…after looking at the packing art for RR it'd be fun to see some of the details more exaggerated like in the illustration.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Ya know what…you're right. I was picturing the teeth in my mind and that was the model kit version of the Attak Trak. I'll slink away now lol…

Seriously though…after looking at the packing art for RR it'd be fun to see some of the details more exaggerated like in the illustration.
    An interesting idea would be to make "model kits" of these vehicles in the MOTUC size and detail instead of trying to produce them as a built toy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I'd totally be down for a Road Ripper as long as it was MOTUC-ized and had handles. I also love the idea of a pilot, ala Classics Fighting Foe Men. Maybe Rip-or(yeah, I just made that up) is inspired by them and builds the Road Ripper? It could work!
    We also of 3 color options since there was the standard green, a foreign red and blue versions as well. Maybe if they do this we could get an alternate head design for Skeletor's crew to have an "evil" version of the Road Ripper. Which color would better fit an evil RR though, red or blue? Since it was an eagle head on the original maybe a "shark" head for the "evil" version?
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

I’d love a Road Ripper with figure combo. Which figure?!
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    Make a new figure, call him Rip Cord, make him look like a race car driver

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I think it would make sense to do it right after the Roton. But for heaven's sake, don't include a figure with it. Enough of that!
    This for me!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Would be great and they could sell 2 releases, 1 Blue and 1 Green.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    We also of 3 color options since there was the standard green, a foreign red and blue versions as well. Maybe if they do this we could get an alternate head design for Skeletor's crew to have an "evil" version of the Road Ripper. Which color would better fit an evil RR though, red or blue? Since it was an eagle head on the original maybe a "shark" head for the "evil" version?
    A foreign red ?
    I only know a blue red one. I did not know about that
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Would be great and they could sell 2 releases, 1 Blue and 1 Green.

- - - Updated - - -

A foreign red ?
    I only know a blue red one. I did not know about that
    I remember seeing it on Battle Rams Blog. I think it may have been one of those South American items. Of course I may be also remembering it wrong and saw some art somewhere with a red one. Either way I know I saw a red version on Battle Rams Blog. I really do think it was a photo and that the RR looked exactly the same as ours just red in color.

Still having 3 colorways would give Super7 incentive to make this. And one of the non-traditional colors could go to the Evil Warriors with a possible alternate head design like Filmation did with the "Sky Sleds".
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I remember seeing it on Battle Rams Blog. I think it may have been one of those South American items. Of course I may be also remembering it wrong and saw some art somewhere with a red one. Either way I know I saw a red version on Battle Rams Blog. I really do think it was a photo and that the RR looked exactly the same as ours just red in color.

Still having 3 colorways would give Super7 incentive to make this. And one of the non-traditional colors could go to the Evil Warriors with a possible alternate head design like Filmation did with the "Sky Sleds".
    Update: I found the Road Ripper article on Battle Rams Blog and the Red RR is from a UK MOTU Magazine comic story. It look the same as the regular Road Ripper, just in red. There were also a bunch of concept vehicles in that article so I recommend reading it when you have free time.
    Last edited by griffen112182; June 3, 2019 at 08:20pm.

It would be easy to make the main body of the Road Ripper the same and make the head portion a separate piece, so it could be easily swapped out. I actually think a Dragon head, or even model the evil version off of screech, give it a dark blue or purple color scheme with a falcon head.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    One of the smallest vehicles in the original line was the Road Ripper. It could be one of the lower priced army building vehicles in MOTUC. A nice vintage addition at a lower cost.

Who would like to see the Road Ripper released in Classics?

Attachment 102181
    Too bad it wasn't made for Classics, very easy to make especially with the success of Sky/Jet sled and Battle Ram. I still hope someday it will, Mattel wake up, Super7 don't give up on Classics please.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 26, 2020 at 12:33am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I really hate that the Classics line was discontinued for Origins, a line that has no real base it's trying to reach. Now we can't get classic vehicles such as this. Hearing Brian Flynn discuss what was going to be is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I really hate that the Classics line was discontinued for Origins, a line that has no real base it's trying to reach. Now we can't get classic vehicles such as this. Hearing Brian Flynn discuss what was going to be is very sad.
    Sad indeed. Brian commitment to MOTU and MOTUC is amazing, but as he implies in several interview, they are willing, ready and capable, but his hands are "tied up" to continue the Classics line.

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    19_roadripper_bio_zpsknrxyuv9.jpg this would be fun, a new FF man.

That is fun....

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    19_roadripper_bio_zpsknrxyuv9.jpg this would be fun, a new FF man.
    Facet - you illustrated that? I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Facet - you illustrated that? I love it!
    No Gbabok's illustration and creation

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    An interesting idea would be to make "model kits" of these vehicles in the MOTUC size and detail instead of trying to produce them as a built toy.

I would be ALL about that!!!

As a kid the only Talon Fighter i had was the model version and I loved it. Weird colors and all. Problem was it wasn't very 'sturdy' and didn't last as long as i'd have preferred.

Now that it's an 'adult' line for mostly display.... Having some cheap models that I can build on my own would be perfect!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where was Brian discussing what was gonna be? Did he mention certain figures or vehicles ?

Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    Where was Brian discussing what was gonna be? Did he mention certain figures or vehicles ?
    On Pixel Dan interview.