Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Comics #8/9 - Fall of Eternia Parts 2 & 3 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Of the MOTUC minicomics? They remind me of vintage minicomics, but with a lot more stuff packed into them. I can see where some people feel they are hard to follow since there's so much stuff in them. But I think they are fun.

In fact, I find the same opinions about disliking the MOTUC minicomics, posted ad naseum by the same few people, to be far more labored than anything in the MOTUC minicomics. It's like "Okay, we get it. You don't like it."

There's voicing one's opinion, then there's:
    http://files.mvcreations.com/site/or...dead_horse.gif
    Yeah, almost as annoying as constantly berating people for having negative opinions?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Yeah, almost as annoying as constantly berating people for having negative opinions?
    If there's a thread where someone is repeating themselves with the same negative opinion, and if there is another person replying repeatedly saying they are negative? Then yes. I've rarely encountered that in relation to the other. But I realize it does happen.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

Side note, saw tooth looks like he turns his lower jaw into a spinny sawblade?
    Not sure if Nate has commented, but he based the design for Saw Tooth on a prehistoric Helicoprion shark.

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Not sure if Nate has commented, but he based the design for Saw Tooth on a prehistoric Helicoprion shark.

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/shark-r...33-picture.jpg
    Awesomesausage right here (Y)

Here's my contribution.....Skeleteen and Stinkors daughter have a kid and he becomes the ultimate evil.....SMELLATOR!
    Last edited by ksharpe; December 20, 2015 at 11:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Awesomesausage right here (Y)
    Agreed!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    Here's my contribution.....Skeleteen and Stinkors daughter have a kid and he becomes the ultimate evil.....SMELLATOR!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/bQCWmEgKHasZG/giphy.gif

How about Smelleteen ?? Stinky Grand Son Of Skeletor ??
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    How about Smelleteen ?? Stinky Grand Son Of Skeletor ??
    I like your thinkin'.

Lol.....I'm bringing it back full circle though ---- skeletor, SMELLATOR ? Get it

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    I like your thinkin'.

Lol.....I'm bringing it back full circle though ---- skeletor, SMELLATOR ? Get it
    Then why not him having a twins ? LOL ??

SMELLATOR & SMELLETEEN !

Together, The Defend The Evil Stinks Of Eternia !!

Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    My take on the mini comics, and story as a whole. There have been a few things that were great, some that were good, quite a few that were bad, and several that were WTF dumb.

And now it is over. Maybe the new team will continue to do bios, but I have a feeling that they won't, or that if they do, it will be like we saw with Mara, less about some overall "story" and more just explaining the character as portrayed.

Even though Scott talks a lot about "future writers" in the other thread, I highly doubt anyone is going to come in and pick up the MOTUC story in any official capacity. Mattel will most likely start a new canon.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Heroic Warrior

Mini Comics #8/9 - Fall of Eternia Parts 2 & 3 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

I think what I loved most about these mini comics were the Easter eggs. So many of them! I'd love to see a thread with all of them posted or just to hear what the influences were. Little explanations like that make me enjoy these so much more.

After reading these my first reaction was "Wut did I just read?" There was soooo much going on with the spell casting and bringing in the past heroes and villains to a story that really didn't need it. I love the epic two-page battle scene spreads more than anything. I would love to see a limited series of spin-off comics of the SOHM era to flesh out the story more. I think it would have a lot of potential under the right team.

I'll have to go hunting for that one thread where fans discuss what story elements they are keeping from TG's Classicized version of MOTU and which they're ignoring. It's going to be really hard for me to not think of Dare as He-Man's son from now on. (I guess in an official canon capacity anyways).
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; December 21, 2015 at 02:55pm.

I must be the only person who thinks She-Ra looks awful in these books. That generic palace guard/Snake Armor combo really doesn't do her justice, and it removes any sort of majestic quality she has and turns her into a B-List character. I always envision her as sort of a Goddess in her own right, and her design should have reflected this IMO. Now she shares a body with generic female palace guards.

She essentially fades into the background...SHE-RA, THE FEMALE EQUIVALENT OF HE-MAN fades into the background as if she never wielded the Power of Grayskull. Her time as Despara aside, it's like she never even existed in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I must be the only person who thinks She-Ra looks awful in these books. That generic palace guard/Snake Armor combo really doesn't do her justice, and it removes any sort of majestic quality she has and turns her into a B-List character. I always envision her as sort of a Goddess in her own right, and her design should have reflected this IMO. Now she shares a body with generic female palace guards.

She essentially fades into the background...SHE-RA, THE FEMALE EQUIVALENT OF HE-MAN fades into the background as if she never wielded the Power of Grayskull. Her time as Despara aside, it's like she never even existed in canon.
    You are certainly not alone ! I have the same feeling as you. Even if the snake armour parts are added by mistake, I would have hated "roya...... nah, "Palace Guard" armour She-Ra to the core.

I strongly feel it's an insult to the character. It's like putting He-Man's head on palace guard's body and call "Royal Armour" He-Man !!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yeah, She-Ra looks like she has taken Teela's old spot.

Huge step down.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, She-Ra looks like she has taken Teela's old spot.

Huge step down.
    Couldn't agree more. Total demotion. As the "Princess of Power", she should've had a much bigger role than that.
    Most wanted: Starburst She-ra, Lodar, Vintage Toy Catra, Lady Slither, and the Great Black Wizard!

Remember she started as a Horde Force Captain, so taking on Captain of the Guard was a natural fit for her that also let her be on the frontlines, defending the innocent where she is needed most.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    They didn't really say what She-Ra's role was.

What if the Eternian/Palace Guard has become larger than when we last left it. What if it's now an interstellar group of defenders? Pulling from all planets affected by the Horde or evil in general. They could be huge, and it could be amazing. And there was only one person who had the talent's to lead it... come on, nothing wrong with that.

Why does MAA's look seem b-list? Why is her showing respect to the position a degradation of her character? She's a hero, she doesn't need to look flashy, she needs to bust evil in the face.

What if she's facing ramifications from being Despera? Maybe she's seeking repentance, or even just ducking low because there's baggage now associated with her previous look.

Saying she looks lame because "she's supposed to be more than a palace guard" could be sidestepping the issue.

As a kid, this sortuh thing was awesome, and creating reasoning behind it would have the imagination going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    You are certainly not alone ! I have the same feeling as you. Even if the snake armour parts are added by mistake, I would have hated "roya...... nah, "Palace Guard" armour She-Ra to the core.

I strongly feel it's an insult to the character. It's like putting He-Man's head on palace guard's body and call "Royal Armour" He-Man !!

I get that this could be a way to get a female palace guard, but I think it really diminishes She-Ra's importance.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I get that this could be a way to get a female palace guard, but I think it really diminishes She-Ra's importance.
    She-Ra becomes the leader of Eternia's entire armed forces and its a demotion? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Remember she started as a Horde Force Captain, so taking on Captain of the Guard was a natural fit for her that also let her be on the frontlines, defending the innocent where she is needed most.
    I'm with Toyguru on this one. And it's not like that became her permanent role, just leading troops in battle during this particular timeframe.

Yeah, She-Ra is free to do whatever she wants. If she wants to lead an army, that's fine. Nobody is gonna stop her. Think of it like a master chef retiring, and cooking for church or the local high school or wherever because he still enjoys it, but feels no need to go back to giant restaurants again.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    As Adora. Not as She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    As Adora. Not as She-Ra.
    Now THAT'S called a reply with a bang !!!

Heroic Warrior
    As Adora. Not as She-Ra.
    This. And something else, the fact that She-Ra was allowed to keep the Sword of Protection, make the whole thing with Dare taking the Sword of Power and "the passing of the tourch", to lose any credibility (apart from the reason to make another more He-Man variant figure). If Adora is allowed to wield the Sword of Protection, then there is absolutely no reason for Adam not allowed to wield the Sword of Power. They are TWINS of Power afterall. If one of them is allowed to wield its own Sword, there is no reason of why the other one shouldn't, since they are twins.
    Last edited by granamyr80; December 22, 2015 at 02:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    She-Ra becomes the leader of Eternia's entire armed forces and its a demotion? No way.
    But...her brother and the former Guard Captain are her now bosses. Unless the Royal Guard have evolved into something we're unaware of, it places her below her brother, the King. The Captain of the Guard has always served the King and Queen. He-Man and She-Ra should be equals. She was the Princess of Eternia. I don't get the logic. (BTW - this isn't me knocking your right to like the idea. That's cool. I'm just saying I honestly don't understand how transforming into someone that she should be giving orders to is something that makes sense in the chain of events. Feels like a step backwards.)

As Adora. Not as She-Ra.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; December 22, 2015 at 02:43pm.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.