Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Catch-All Thread for Toy Identification

Widget
    Thanks so much, i dont have a talon fighter or fright fighter yet so i didnt recognize the pieces, i knew some of it had to be motu, just have yet to identify the sword and rope piece.

Widget
    thanks again so much all, you dont know how long ive had some of this stuff and didnt know what it was, spent hours looking through pictures of weapons, but when you dont know what line its from its hard to find! everything pictured should be pre 1995, maybe i few newer things snuck in but 90% is from a box of toys i had as a child. my grandfather loved going to garage sales and was always looking out for "bad guys" for me, he would just buy boxes and i ended up with quite an assortment of figures, some awesome things like vintage star wars (this was in late 80's early 90's) and a bunch of accessories to figures i never even owned! makes it hard to identify. I've found out more from this thread than i usually do in months, Thanks so much!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Second picture bottom right the knife came with a couple different Richard Tracy figures from the playmates line.
    It would have come from either The Brow or Steve the Tramp.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I recognize that knife from Steve the Tramp; I never had The Brow.

The large hand-cuff-looking thing in Picture 5 is from JP, I think. It's some kind of dino-restraint, possibly from a Stego.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

As I recall the line only had like 4 or 5 weapons that were reused for all the characters. I did double check a google image search, didn't look at specific figures. But Steve the tramp was the one holding it. It does make the weapons kind of easy to pick out since if you had the whole line you had like 2-4 of each weapon.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Pic 5, middle right, yellow spear with black peg is probably from an old Kenner Batman movie tie-in line.

Just saw the bat under the TMNT sceptors, that is most likely a bat from the Richard Tracy line also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Pic #5 next to the Batman looking shield the item with the horns coming out is the head of the staff that comes with Odin from a McFarlane Toys Spawn line. The briefcase in the same pic is from GI Joe though I'm not sure who it came with originally.

Since we identified which are MOTU, I'm going to move this thread to the Other Forum so we can get some help on the other items.

The yellow thing is from an old Toy Biz Spider-Man animated series playset. Another ID thread here now has the exact same piece.

Heroic Warrior
    The black harness is tex hex from bravestarr ? The gold septor is from tmnt from the 3rd movie , the silver sai might be chuck Norris karate commandos ? Or maybe a remco ninja ? Just guessing on these except for the tmnt piece I'm sure on that one .

Heroic Warrior
    thanks! is it supposed to come out of the smurfs hand or has it broken off? the picture you showed looks like its not supposed to come out
    Yes its a separate piece that can be removed but its a tight fit . The two rings sticking out on the hand grip edge are just slightly bigger then the "hand" hole where you pop it in . If you do it too often there will be damage to your smurf .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; June 6, 2015 at 07:08am.

Widget
    thanks again, so helpful!! im gonna post a new thread in a bit with an updated picture, i have a few more things i didnt picture before, and can take lots out that have been identified already!! people on this site rock!!

Simonappleton, it would be better to post your picture in this thread, to keep the boards clutter-free. Just update your first post; I'm sure we will all be happy to continue helping you!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

ID this action figure!

Bought a lot with a bunch of MOTU & other action figures, & this guy was in it. No dates, no manufacturer stamp....who might his be?http://s131.photobucket.com/user/nec...01702.jpg.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's Piece-Of-Crap action figure from the Cheap-As-Hell toy line. Kidding aside, I wish I could help. Best of luck my friend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nude Man???
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It seems to be having the same arms and buck as a knock off line called Ninja Commandos, but that figure is not part of that line.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Please Can Someone Identify These Figures For Me?

Hi,

I bought the figures shown in the attached photo at a car boot sale for £2 yesterday and I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what they are. They say "B.S./S.T.A. 1989" on the bottom.
    Game-Figures.jpg

Thanks,
    Joe

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, they look like Dragonball Z toys. Unfortunately that's all I can tell you as I am not a Dragonball Z fan so I am not familiar with names of the characters or what toy company manufactured them.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

DBZ they are but save the sames I know nothing else
    from left to right
    Videl
    Son Goku
    Ten shin han
    Mr Satan
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

If you know the line and the names you should have no problem getting more info. Try here...

http://www.figurerealm.com/universes.php?action=serieslist&universeid=249&universe=dragonballz

Thanks a lot for the help. I didn't know Dragonball Z had been around that long.

I'm thinking about merging all of the "Can you ID this tof?" Threads into one cohesive entry. What say you, Gang?

Quote Originally Posted by Althothothoth View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help. I didn't know Dragonball Z had been around that long.
    Dragonball started in 1986 and Dragon Ball Z started in 1989! Those are some cool looking figures, Congrats!