Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Super7 Store Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No, no interest in the resin sculptures. Not my cup of tea.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I see no one mentioning the other items like the four glasses with the vintage artwork, or the Moss Man chia pet!

So much cool stuff being sold at the pop up, amazed at the selection, I'm insanely jealous.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

$100! Wow. I don't care if Michelangelo came back from the dead and sculpted it. It is not worth $100 lol.
    Glasses with the vintage art work on would be cool. I love mugs and glasses etc with MOTU, Marvel etc on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I see no one mentioning the other items like the four glasses with the vintage artwork, or the Moss Man chia pet!
    Your post was the first I heard of them.

The glasses and the Chia Pet are all amazing!! I'll definitely be getting those.

I wonder what else may be revealed? I doubt they'd do a villains set of glasses and leave out the heroes.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post

So much cool stuff being sold at the pop up, amazed at the selection, I'm insanely jealous.
    I hadn't heard anything about them. Do you have pics to share? Though I'm not going to SDCC, so won't be able to get them anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the video on their Facebook page. I want those glasses and Chia Moss Man (on top of everything else)!! Everything looks awesome!!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    LOVE that chia Moss Man!
    http://youtu.be/_1hp6ZK7bN0
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by wtfunks View Post
    Sooo awesome!!!! I love it!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I want it all. I'm hoping the MUSCLE style and retro figures will become generally available. I don't care about the colorways, I just want a set!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

It's quite interesting that there is so much stuff they are releasing this year. Unfortunately much of it is not my cup of tea (but, knowing me, I'll still be getting it all). I wonder if a movie or some other relaunch of the brand is coming.
    I do like the glasses very much. I must have a Tri-Klops glass! The Moss Man chia is also clever. The MOTUscle and Stage01 figures as not that thrilling to me, but growing on me a little. The Sideshow statues I'm still uncertain on. I wish there was more minis and giants coming instead of this stuff, though. And of course, I hope none of this gets in the way of continuing the Classics line, or whatever incarnation of it will be happening starting in 2016.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

This is all kind of fascinating - there seems to be an avalanche of licensed MOTU stuff being released this year, which does make me think there must be a bigger reason for Mattel to suddenly want to expand the brand's visibility so dramatically. Perhaps there will finally be a movie announcement, or least some sort of new media launch. There wasn't anything like this happening even during MOTUC's peak years of 2010 and 2011...

Why now???

Just gotta add:

Again no insult to the artist. However and especially as an adult toy collector, I already see toys as "Serious Art" and have always been hyper suspicious of "Art" that had it not been sold as "Art" would be immediately underwhelming.

I never have bought into things being art just because they are said to be. I also hate when something that is clearly art, like toys that are at least sculpture, are ignored.

So no, these things are laughably priced, whatever the case. I laugh equally at pieces of art that hang in institutions that value them at hundreds of thousands of dollars, millions, or priceless, when they are clearly... well, I imagine you can imagine some of the kinds of "art" I speak of.

Taste only explains so much. Some expressions and the people who support those artists are pretty beyond argument. Go for it, pay for it, I support that right to do it. I also support my right to shake my head and laugh at it, "The Emperor has no clothes"

Also I am speaking solely on these 2 pieces. The rest of the catalogue could be genius, but based on these being offered at this price, I have zero interest in seeing what else has been done if they can put this out at this price and take it serious.

My sentiments exactly Baron. I know art is in the eye of the beholder but come one, some 'art' is utter junk. Yet because someone says it's art, people will pay silly money. I find more art in the sculpting and paint work on MOTUC figures, NECA, some Transformers etc.

Pint Glasses & T-Shirts!

Everything is so awesome!!! I want it all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Everything is so awesome!!! I want it all!!!!
    Same here. I'm beginning to think it is a good thing I'm not going to SDCC. My wallet definitely thinks so.

Those glasses are awesome! I need I set of those and more.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Same here. I'm beginning to think it is a good thing I'm not going to SDCC. My wallet definitely thinks so.
    Seems like this was the perfect year for a MOTU fan though. So much awesomeness!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    These Glasses are really cool
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love the glasses and the black/grey skeletor t shirt
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I really love the glasses! I'll have to try and get a set of those!
    Awesome sticker included!

I'd love a set of MOTU glasses. No way I'll be able to get them in the UK for a sensible price I imagine though

Are all these Super7 items only available at SDCC?

I NEED those vintage cross sell glasses!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Wow! Love the glasses but $40 is a bit excessive.

I'm using the site owner's privilege to make you aware of this thread in the MOTUC Marketplace, especially since I'm not making any money off this offer. This is just a way to potentially help people out who can't attend SDCC but are looking for these items.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page