Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Sideshow is very excited to announce that we’ll be producing Masters of the Universe Statues, beginning with He-Man and Skeletor! Those attending San Diego Comic-Con will have the power to see the first statue from this brand new line in person.

Interested to see more before I make a decision.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; June 30, 2015 at 01:13pm.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Thank you for the link! I know one of the designers who has been working on these and he's an amazingly talented guy. I suspect these will be epic and can't wait to see them!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Hmmm... given my reaction to the illustration... I'll hold off judgement until I see the statue in person.

Great! Sideshow got tired of waiting for a new He-Man movie and they will make their own realistic versions. Lol
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 30, 2015 at 01:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Thank you for the link! I know one of the designers who has been working on these and he's an amazingly talented guy. I suspect these will be epic and can't wait to see them!
    Do you know what size they will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Hmmm... given my reaction to the illustration... I'll hold off judgement until I see the statue in person.
    Yeah, I am kind of feeling the same way.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Like others, I am reserving judgement on this one until I've seen some of the product.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Out of all the recent redesigns of He-Man this is one stands out head and shoulders
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Oh man! Sideshow creates some beautiful work! Definitely looking forward to these!

Yeah I love the skull shoulder armor!!! Now I just need to see the face.

Heroic Warrior
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    More MOTU statues? Easy pass.
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

I agree 100% with VAl, this would be great to see on screen. It's warrior , barbaric , realistic, I can see Hollywood backing this look.

Better than the dolph he man with a cape , blaster gun , and leather crotch piece

I like a lot of it. The feather/eagle/Zoar/Sorceress motiff is neat. The skull does throw me off a bit. I know Grayskull has a skull, but it'll take some getting used to having He-man trot the symbol around, what with his enemy being Skeletor. That being said, if they started using this in the comic I wouldn't be opposed.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I like a lot of it. The feather/eagle/Zoar/Sorceress motiff is neat. The skull does throw me off a bit. I know Grayskull has a skull, but it'll take some getting used to having He-man trot the symbol around, what with his enemy being Skeletor. That being said, if they started using this in the comic I wouldn't be opposed.
    I agree . I do like the first pic on the first page . The face is a little off for me ( like seems more Brom than he-man) and the Evil Lyn head dress seems misplaced, but otherwise, I have no problem with that being a movie-esque design. It might help to see more of the details too.
    Last edited by ksharpe; June 30, 2015 at 05:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If we follow the most recent canons of the MOTU mythos, He-Man and Skeletor are part of the same family (the Royal House of Grayskull, with D'vann as the first member), so it's not odd, if they share some of the same symbols (like the same family crest).

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    If we follow the most recent canons of the MOTU mythos, He-Man and Skeletor are part of the same family (the Royal House of Grayskull, with D'vann as the first member), so it's not odd, if they share some of the same symbols (like the same family crest).
    If im following what he means, the Skull might, potentially, visually seem to confuse the uninformed that it implies a POSITIVE connection to Skeletor instead of Castle Grayskull.

To me, the design of the Evil Lyn headress maybe enforces that connection. If it was somehow more stylized towards Grayskull , then it might help disassociate it from Skeletor. ( the assumption--visually that Skeletors skull would visually be more realistic).

I think it all looks pretty good--but i see where others can be put off.
    Last edited by ksharpe; June 30, 2015 at 07:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the design! Especially the way the iron cross was treated! Can't wait to see it finished and can't wait to see Skeletor!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have been hoping forever for sideshow or Hot Toys to do MOTU figures. It would be awesome if this lead to something along those lines.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Oh, this looks amazing! I can't wait to see more!

Of course it's Nebezial !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I have been hoping forever for sideshow or Hot Toys to do MOTU figures. It would be awesome if this lead to something along those lines.
    This definitely
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Interesting redesign of He-Man. I dont like the Evil-Lyn looking shoulderpad though.
    Im curious to see what Skeletor will look like
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Where's Stratos?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know what I'd do if they made figures..

I REALLLY like this! It would make for a great movie-design! I wonder if it actually IS the movie design! It is quite possible, and it could be a sneaky way for Sony and Mattel to gauge fan reaction to the design!

Mattel did it before for the Battle Ram classics, and for the MOTUC design for He-Man a few years back. They debuted the designs at SDCC without any explanation just to gauge fan reaction. Now, granted that was for a toy design and not for a movie design, but it does make sense. Also, Sideshow is known for making a lot of movie-related figures and statues. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I want this, so bad....
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    LOVE this design! It's respectful to the original but adds of ton of new elements to it to keep things fresh. Can't wait to get the full reveal in a few days. And if a new MOTU movie ever gets made, I would want them to go in this direction.
    Wabawalawoo!!!