Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

I agree 100% with VAl, this would be great to see on screen. It's warrior , barbaric , realistic, I can see Hollywood backing this look.

Better than the dolph he man with a cape , blaster gun , and leather crotch piece

I like a lot of it. The feather/eagle/Zoar/Sorceress motiff is neat. The skull does throw me off a bit. I know Grayskull has a skull, but it'll take some getting used to having He-man trot the symbol around, what with his enemy being Skeletor. That being said, if they started using this in the comic I wouldn't be opposed.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Loving all this licence stuff we're getting all of a sudden

I'm all for new interpretations, so looking forward to this. that sneak peak looks very cool.
    This just seems to be the tip of the iceberg as far as licensed stuff to come... and not all of it is statues, which is nice (and a bit strange, but hey- no Mattycollector involved! Hooray! ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    This IS one of the best redesigns of He-Man himself that I've seen to date, and that includes 200X! Something about it just "does it for me".
    Here's hoping I feel the same way about the price tag, ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I like a lot of it. The feather/eagle/Zoar/Sorceress motiff is neat. The skull does throw me off a bit. I know Grayskull has a skull, but it'll take some getting used to having He-man trot the symbol around, what with his enemy being Skeletor. That being said, if they started using this in the comic I wouldn't be opposed.
    I agree . I do like the first pic on the first page . The face is a little off for me ( like seems more Brom than he-man) and the Evil Lyn head dress seems misplaced, but otherwise, I have no problem with that being a movie-esque design. It might help to see more of the details too.
    Last edited by ksharpe; June 30, 2015 at 05:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If we follow the most recent canons of the MOTU mythos, He-Man and Skeletor are part of the same family (the Royal House of Grayskull, with D'vann as the first member), so it's not odd, if they share some of the same symbols (like the same family crest).

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    If we follow the most recent canons of the MOTU mythos, He-Man and Skeletor are part of the same family (the Royal House of Grayskull, with D'vann as the first member), so it's not odd, if they share some of the same symbols (like the same family crest).
    If im following what he means, the Skull might, potentially, visually seem to confuse the uninformed that it implies a POSITIVE connection to Skeletor instead of Castle Grayskull.

To me, the design of the Evil Lyn headress maybe enforces that connection. If it was somehow more stylized towards Grayskull , then it might help disassociate it from Skeletor. ( the assumption--visually that Skeletors skull would visually be more realistic).

I think it all looks pretty good--but i see where others can be put off.
    Last edited by ksharpe; June 30, 2015 at 07:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    If im following what he means, the Skull might visually seem to confuse the uninformed that it implies a POSITIVE connection to Skeletor instead of Castle Grayskull.

To me, the design of the Evil Lyn headress maybe enforces that connection. If it was somehow more stylized towards Grayskull , then it might help disassociate it from Skeletor. ( the assumption--visually that Skeletors skull would visually be more realistic).

I think it all looks pretty good--but i see where others can be put off.
    I see. In that case they could change the skull's design to look visually more similar to that of Castle Grayskull's! But apart from this, this redesign is awesome and i believe that is pretty close to a more realistic approach or live action version of He-Man (keeping the barbarian aspect of He-Man, and without including a lot of Hi Tech elements, like the DC version did).
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 30, 2015 at 05:38pm.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    It appears they will be 1/5 scale.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I'm digging the look, if this is how the movie version looked I'd be totally cool with it.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

That would be a great movie design, right there. It’s a very bold move by Sideshow to do their own interpretations. In a way, that’s what I’ve always wanted. Cannot wait to see their Skeletor.

It’s great that the MOTU licence is expanding. Not really sure for the reason for it all at once, but I’m not complaining. No, I’m not a millionaire, so the vast majority of new stuff coming I will never be able to get. However, as a fan, I’m very glad the brand is slowly but surely going down new and exciting paths.

I would like a Movie He-Man to look like this. There is more detail, more coverings. Armour and such. Still He-Man. And better "hyper anime" extraneous detail than the 200x design.

Real real. Of course I'd never buy the thing because cost, statues not being my thing anyway, ect. But it's a great direction acknowledging the strength of the original design but adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post

It’s great that the MOTU licence is expanding. Not really sure for the reason for it all at once, but I’m not complaining. No, I’m not a millionaire, so the vast majority of new stuff coming I will never be able to get. However, as a fan, I’m very glad the brand is slowly but surely going down new and exciting paths.

I see it as Mattel making some money off of the brand by licensing it out for other companies to take a crack at producing stuff in other scales, styles, and formats. It's no risk for Mattel, really... they sit back and have final approval without having to churn the stuff out themselves or take any chances. Mattel has failed at anything they've tried outside the standard 6" figure format (the 12" giants, the minis), so it seems like they're going to stick with that they do best and let others do the experimental branching out for them. From what I know, there's more to come at SDCC from other sources as well. Pretty exciting times!

Heroic Warrior
    I love the design! Especially the way the iron cross was treated! Can't wait to see it finished and can't wait to see Skeletor!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have been hoping forever for sideshow or Hot Toys to do MOTU figures. It would be awesome if this lead to something along those lines.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Oh, this looks amazing! I can't wait to see more!

Of course it's Nebezial !

I think it is a great looking statue. I can't see this doing very well though.
    I guess we will wait and see.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Some more info:

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    When we appraoched this LINE (we're 3 deep alreay, so yes, we're committed) we went in with that mentality. What the cartoon felt and looked to you as a kid, so interpreting that and evolving it for us now, not making it an exact replica of what it was.

It is 1:5 scale, we wanted to differentiate what PCS in both scale and style, so we think this works to give fans a different option, not take away that more true translation they are doing from the show.

We'll be revealing the second in the line at SDCC, and we have another 80's cartoon piece that will be there that will be nucking futz…

Im a product of 80's STUFF, this line was one of my favorite projects Ive been able to be a part of here, maybe ever... same with the team that worked on it, and it shows.

The designer is Stjepan Sejic, been a huge fan of his for a while and to say "He's a Super hard-core MOTU fan" is an understatement. Here's his gallery:

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/galle...f-the-universe

Cant wait for you guys to see the next piece, it's insane.
    I'm not a fan of the wispy hair Sejic seems intent on using for He-Man. Looking forward to seeing other characters though.

I hope they get to many characters, but despite what Igo says above about being committed, Sideshow doesn't have a great track record as far as that is concerned.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; July 1, 2015 at 01:02am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I have been hoping forever for sideshow or Hot Toys to do MOTU figures. It would be awesome if this lead to something along those lines.
    This definitely
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Interesting redesign of He-Man. I dont like the Evil-Lyn looking shoulderpad though.
    Im curious to see what Skeletor will look like
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post

I would like to see more of the painter Kat

This is great news. For a very long time I was waiting for Sideshow to make a MOTU Figure. Take my money!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Where's Stratos?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I like the sword an awful lot. The rest has potential. Better than the 200x statue reveal so far.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Lots of interest in the property these days, which is good. Sideshow does exquisite work (since those old days when they were doing the Universal Monster action figures), but I admit this isn't for me. Just not interested in another interpretation of old characters (why I pass on the GI Joe stuff from them; the only thing that said "Snake Eyes" with their Snake Eyes figure was the mask). I'd like to think action figures might be a possibility here in the 12" format (something I would have dismissed out of hand a few days ago, before the S7 reaction figures were revealed), but that interest would majorly wane if they were major re-designs like this. Besides, they'd need to create a whole new body for such a line (likely both a male and a bulkier female). But I'm sure there will be a market for these, and the statues will very likely be a beautiful thing to behold in their own right.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman