Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great, I think the sword is a great update, the shoulder armour, doesnt work for me, it looks to big and 'world of Warcraft-y' to me ,
    Armour like this is almost always worn with a full breastplate / suit ,

The skull on the other hand, I love the idea, for me it should be on his belt, but the overall cotume I think is a we bit too fussy, I like my designs bold and chunky, battle worn and functional , detail with in what the costume in made of , wrinkles in leather, dents in metal, etc,. Not detail for details sake

Over all a cool sculpt , but this is more Boris Vallejo , to me we need some one like the shiflett brothers , to Frazzetta it up a bit ,

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I like the sword an awful lot. The rest has potential. Better than the 200x statue reveal so far.
    200x? Don't you mean Filmation?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I want a statue of Rocket holding baby Groot! (Looking at the art in the background of the pic)

Nebezial does exquisite MOTU work. Not a fan of his Skeletor, though, so I hope the statue looks a bit different.

As is usual...

80's & MOTUC collectors think it's a worng way becouse the statues don't have filmation goofy colors and Ruberbands

By the other side the 200x and super stylized fresh guys agree with new enhances and ideas*... I believe from MYP there has not been any innovation or adaptation to our time.

Not all people from 80's are still fresh....

If mattel wants a new wave, they could restore de 200x ministatues wave, all we love Fou Horsemen work and DESIGNS.

I like to see new concepts..... at last.... 10 years after SANTALUCIA & MYP

I hope this update be even better than 200x style, I wish a Warcraft+Starcraft+Mcfarlane style

<--*Not applicable with this guy-
    Last edited by MARKTRON; July 1, 2015 at 07:16pm.
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

I really like this. In fact, I think this redesign looks 100Xs better than any thing I've seen from the DC redesigns.

This is one of the few "new media" items I really like. I hope at being 1/5 scale, the price on this won't be so high. I can see myself making room for a line of statues like this.

With it being from Sideshow, that's just icing on the cake. They are a fabulous company that has the best CS I've ever seen. I've bought stuff from them for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I hope they get to many characters, but despite what Igo says above about being committed, Sideshow doesn't have a great track record as far as that is concerned.
    I disagree. They've shown over the years to be very committed.

You can't say the same though about PCS. Remember their Thundercats line and Darkstalkers line?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I disagree. They've shown over the years to be very committed.

You can't say the same though about PCS. Remember their Thundercats line and Darkstalkers line?
    That's cool. The great thing is we can disagree and still both have options available.

Regarding Thundercats, the lack of commitment wasn't from PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
    Because our contract for TCats ends this month and to renew it would cost a lot of money...and since Tygras presales were so so low I cant afford to take the financial risk.

i was either renew TCats or go with MOTU. I cant afford both. It would have been incredibly irresponsible financially for me to go with TCats instead of MOTU

If our contract was still going I would of course put Tygra up on our own site for Direct pre-order. But I cant now.

As painful as it is to hear...if TCats fans would have pre-ordered Tygra everything would be fine right now. But when less than 100 people pre-order what was an incredibly gorgeous statue at a fair price, I have to think the fan base just wanted Lion-O and Mumm-Ra

PS Mumm-Ra is up for a Poppies Award from Michael Crawfords site. Im pretty excited about that.
    PCS will tease their eighth MOTU Filmation statue in August. All unique characters.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; September 22, 2015 at 09:11pm.

the problem as in 200X is...

IF MATTEL Moves on IN a new production and keeps inconcluse the toy line AGAIN??

as the 200x toy line; Faker and Khan ministatue....
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I wasn't interested in that image first shown, and when I saw the back of the statue, I thought it looked a lot like Shao Khan or something, and was a little disappointed.

The detail is of course great, and it's a fine sculpted statue. It's definitely grown on me well. I'm not sure I'll have room for another statue line, and they will have to be below 400.00 for me to include another line anyway, but we'll see I guess. If Matty does something big for 2016 and it's somehow good, I'll have some difficult decisions to make.

Either way, I think they'll be amazing to see!

Not affordable for my poor finaces but totally diggin' it, c'mon people its Sideshow doing MOTU statues now! what in the world??

I'm so happy for the brand generally speaking and really hope more statues to come soon after he-man and skeletor. My only complaint ist the height, I'd really like Mattel to revisit the Staction line or something like that for the main characters (an evilseed statue would be terrific!)

Oh! I'm totally in for that look in a movie, could work well on the big screen despite today's generations seems to going crazy for superheroes in hight-tech armours and thats totally fine.

Overall great sculpt and lots of hard work here! and Nebezial is a great artist
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Soooo... he-man carries around the symbol of his greatest enemy on his shoulder? Right. Next, Captain America will be redesign with a swastika on his shield

Anyways, MOTU is my favorite thing but - easy pass on this. There are enough generic He-man redesigns out there as it is.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Soooo... he-man carries around the symbol of his greatest enemy on his shoulder? Right. Next, Captain America will be redesign with a swastika on his shield

Anyways, MOTU is my favorite thing but - easy pass on this. There are enough generic He-man redesigns out there as it is.
    Grayskull is He-Man's greatest enemy?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Grayskull is He-Man's greatest enemy?
    of course...skeletor´s skull is .. gray XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Looks great, I think the sword is a great update, the shoulder armour, doesnt work for me, it looks to big and 'world of Warcraft-y' to me ,
    Armour like this is almost always worn with a full breastplate / suit ,

The skull on the other hand, I love the idea, for me it should be on his belt, but the overall cotume I think is a we bit too fussy, I like my designs bold and chunky, battle worn and functional , detail with in what the costume in made of , wrinkles in leather, dents in metal, etc,. Not detail for details sake

Over all a cool sculpt , but this is more Boris Vallejo , to me we need some one like the shiflett brothers , to Frazzetta it up a bit ,
    Agreed, I've always been interested in seeing a new take on established characters so I love the idea of a statue line that reinvents the classic MOTU designs but the overall result doesn't really work for me. Since this is essentially an Stjepan Sejic artist series you'd have to be a really big fan of his personal style to commit to collecting an entire line of detailed and expensive statues like this, and while I'm curious to see what he's created judging from the preview pics this won't be a line for me.

Now if these were MOTU characters redesigned with a Frazzetta barbarian aesthetic and a mix of old school sci-fi much like the original inspiration for MOTU I'd be in, because the actual sculpting and detailed paint work look beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Agreed, I've always been interested in seeing a new take on established characters so I love the idea of a statue line that reinvents the classic MOTU designs but the overall result doesn't really work for me. Since this is essentially an Stjepan Sejic artist series you'd have to be a really big fan of his personal style to commit to collecting an entire line of detailed and expensive statues like this, and while I'm curious to see what he's created judging from the preview pics this won't be a line for me.

Now if these were MOTU characters redesigned with a Frazzetta barbarian aesthetic and a mix of old school sci-fi much like the original inspiration for MOTU I'd be in, because the actual sculpting and detailed paint work look beautiful.
    Thanks! I think you summed it up perfectly. I somehow wasn't able to put my finger on what it is that I don't like about it.
    I agree, an early 80's Frazzeta style reimagining would be great. I guess that's what I don't like about any of the new designs (of the statues and comics). All of them look too modern for my taste.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know what I'd do if they made figures..

I REALLLY like this! It would make for a great movie-design! I wonder if it actually IS the movie design! It is quite possible, and it could be a sneaky way for Sony and Mattel to gauge fan reaction to the design!

Mattel did it before for the Battle Ram classics, and for the MOTUC design for He-Man a few years back. They debuted the designs at SDCC without any explanation just to gauge fan reaction. Now, granted that was for a toy design and not for a movie design, but it does make sense. Also, Sideshow is known for making a lot of movie-related figures and statues. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I want this, so bad....
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    LOVE this design! It's respectful to the original but adds of ton of new elements to it to keep things fresh. Can't wait to get the full reveal in a few days. And if a new MOTU movie ever gets made, I would want them to go in this direction.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Mindblowing ...

And Skeletor looks promising too
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    By the ELDERS!!!! Two of the best redesigns of He-Man and Skeletor that i' ve ever seen!!!!. Send them to SONY NOW!!!.

I will say it again, Stjepan Sejic you are the best modern MOTU artist!!!

Love the mixture of Barbarian and Spartan He-Man!!!!!!!

And my God this Skeletor! Now this is the LORD OF DESTRUCTION in persona!!!!!

WOW!!!

Skeletor looks amazing!! I didn't think I'd be interested in these but I may have to get this Skeletor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Hordak on Skeletor's belt?

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Oh wow!! They both look amazing!!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondragon View Post
    Hordak on Skeletor's belt?
    It's from his previous service as Horde Commander.