Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    He Man looks great. Skeletor must have blue skin and purple clothes otherwise this is just a generic litch statue. Looks good but not skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Interview with the self-professed He-Man fans, Sideshow Art Director David Igo, and Project Manager Mike Tolentino took some time out during San Diego Comic-Con to chat about their exciting new endeavors from the realm of Eternia (and their collaboration with Stjepan Sejic).

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/behi...f-the-universe

It appears that other MOTU statues are coming from Sideshow! Yes!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    It appears that Evil-Lyn will be next.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I can only imagine a Beastman, Man at Arms and Trap-Jaw in this style. I reckon even an Orko could be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    It appears that Evil-Lyn will be next.
    It appears I am going to go broke!

Anyone notice the snake on Skeletor's base? Holy ____!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    we all agree? #WorldNeedsANewHeManMovie

YES! If they at least started with these designs....
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Not enough Stratos!!!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    The design of these statues is awesome, that smells "movie"... Granamyr80 showed us that's a concept art from Stjepan Sejic which is really great.

The only problem for me is he-man's head : looks like kinda old and ugly, even nasty.

I really hope they could do something for that before starting any production, because in the same way I didnt collect Giants, I do not collect these line if he-man is not really awesome, that's the main character. And I guess the fail of Giants is because the head of he-man is really ugly.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I really like the interpretation of He-man. It's more of a savage take. He's not too pretty nor too neanderthal.

Many, many more pics here:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/09/sd...niverse-166465

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Anyone notice the snake on Skeletor's base? Holy ____!!
    Its probably the best base ive seen, well will own if the price is right. Love that lava flow. Hordak on the belt buckle is an interesting take. I didnt go much on the he-man face but works well with skeletor, sort of like the lifesize bust from PCS, i didnt go much on skeletor until he-man came out and then worked well together. I like the he-man base but should have a few more teeth that arent broken.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    The design of these statues is awesome, that smells "movie"... Granamyr80 showed us that's a concept art from Stjepan Sejic which is really great.

The only problem for me is he-man's head : looks like kinda old and ugly, even nasty.

I really hope they could do something for that before starting any production, because in the same way I didnt collect Giants, I do not collect these line if he-man is not really awesome, that's the main character. And I guess the fail of Giants is because the head of he-man is really ugly.
    He-Man was not supposed to be exactly a pretty boy in the beginning of teh MOTU franchise. The first artwork by Alfredo Alcala and Mark Texeira and the box art, shown He-Man as a warrior and less than a poster boy. Even from the Vintage head of the 80's toy, He-Man is not looking exactly handsome. I believe that Sideshow and Stjepan Sejic are honoring this first appearance, and they try to give a realistic, classic and modern approach on how would have beed a live action He-Man, based on his vintage toy, if he would have been releashed nowdays. i.e. a battle hardened alien barbarian warrior.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 10, 2015 at 07:31am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love the fact that Skeletor has bruised/decayed purple/black skin.

And he's definitely Skeletor - the skull, the grin, the hood, the armor (which has been exaggerated), havoc staff and loincloth. I hope Mattel don't request any changes made to him as he looks amazing, and i LOVE the snake mountain base.

Cool to Evil-Lyn is on the way too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

wOw........ since when did Skeletor get the symbiote powers ?
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

I am a Vintage Motu collector, but I like both, He-Man and Skeletor. I actually like HM 's face... I totally dislike the PCS He-Man compared to this Sideshow He-Man. Bad thing for me is that you can't display Sideshow statues MOC, can you?

I showed my 67 year old Mother (the one who bought me my first He-Man figures when I was a kid) a pic of this and she said, "wow, Skeletor looks great".

If she can recognize it, it's all good.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Couple shots of He-Man and Skeletor from SDCC:

he-manss.jpgskeletor.jpg

I am legitimately torn about what to do now. I really wanted BattleCat and He-man from PCS. But, realistically, I have space/money for either those or these two guys. I still have the PCS Skeletor Filmation statue to join my He-man one. So... hmmmmmm....

As much as I love what PCS seems to be doing, these statues from Sideshow are the kinds of things I’ve really been waiting for. So it’s a (slightly) easier decision for me. Either way, I’m going to have to be very selective on which ones I end up getting. Out of these two? Skeletor, for sure.

I'm in for Skeletor but the more I see of He-Man, I'm liking that too, I love the red cape and the MOTU'87 movie-esque look.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm in for Skeletor but the more I see of He-Man, I'm liking that too, I love the red cape and the MOTU'87 movie-esque look.
    Stjepan Sejic's redesign of He-Man is absolutely awesome. It's "modern", but at the same time immediately recognizable as He-Man. I really hope that Mattel could take note of how the MOTU characters can be reimmagined for the future, while holding the original idea of them. Mattel should hire Stjepan in order to design a new line of MOTU action figures. Can you immagine a He-Man action figure like that?

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Stjepan Sejic's redesign of He-Man is absolutely awesome. It's "modern", but at the same time immediately recognizable as He-Man. I really hope that Mattel could take note of how the MOTU characters can be reimmagined for the future, while holding the original idea of them. Mattel should hire Stjepan in order to design a new line of MOTU action figures. Can you immagine a He-Man action figure like that?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-conten...07/hemanca.jpg
    Totally agree! The movie needs to take some pointers from these designs. Also would love figures which looked this this.

these do look great. But aaaagh, space considerations ! money!

I think I would just have to limit my purchases of any of these amazing extras to a Mer-Man , should he ever come. Ohh i do love Mer-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    These statues are really MOTU meets perfection to me! This is a video from the SDCC, that gives a more global view of them. Man, the amount of detail is just incredible. And look at the Snake on Skeletor's base. INSANE!!!! These statues seems that are recapturing the people's and general public's imagination and their interest towards the franchise (apart from the MOTU fans and toy collectors)!

Last edited by granamyr80; July 12, 2015 at 09:18am.

In the last month or so MOTU seems to have had a shot in the arm of something. Let's hope it continues. As I said before, even if you don’t happen to like some of the products or have no interest in buying or can’t afford them, it’s all good for the brand as a whole. That’s important.