Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,876 to 1,897 of 1897

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

  1. #1876
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    14
    And it will only cost you the bargain price of a thousand dollars to get your (webbed) hands on Merman. It’s this kind of thing that’s makes me regret collecting.

  2. #1877
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,761
    I'd beware of that auction. Since there is no Mondo-Con happening in 2020 (even that M logo on it looks fake) this is probably someone scamming.

  3. #1878
    Widget
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    27
    It looks pretty legit to me...The colour scheme is amazing!!

    Hopefully it is an edition of 300 which should keep the price down. Including the stand is welcome too!!

    Would love to hear an official word on this one as my collection is crying out for him to be added to it...

  4. #1879
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,835
    I wish all will proceed with caution. Brock is active here right? Maybe he can provide confidence to this.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  5. #1880
    Widget
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    27
    Agreed...would touch that auction with a barge pole...but hopefully it means these are produced and might drop soon...maybe via a virtual con??

  6. #1881
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlynn View Post
    Agreed...would touch that auction with a barge pole...but hopefully it means these are produced and might drop soon...maybe via a virtual con??
    Thatís what I was thinking/hoping. It does look like an amazing figure - I mean, Merman was my favourite so far anyway but this is stunning.

    - - - Updated - - -

    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

    I have had some correspondence with the seller regarding this MOTUbi Merman (attached) and the main point is that he states as a retailer, he has been sent this "convention exclusive" from MONDO (which he has immediately listed on Ebay for a thousand dollars).

    He is of course also offering to go outside Ebay to sell me it. No thanks but would very much like to hear from Mondo regarding this.

  7. #1882
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,761
    What convention, though?
    The "M" logo sticker on the box is not an actual Mondo logo, and I'm skeptical of the "written in pen" edition number as well.

  8. #1883
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    What convention, though?
    The "M" logo sticker on the box is not an actual Mondo logo, and I'm skeptical of the "written in pen" edition number as well.
    The M from the Mondo Con logo looks like the M from the Mondo logo, so I don't see why you think it doesn't look legitimate.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  9. #1884
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,761
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    The M from the Mondo Con logo looks like the M from the Mondo logo, so I don't see why you think it doesn't look legitimate.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ah, I see it on their website (the use of that particular "M" for Mondo...). I was thinking of the standard M that they've been using on all of the previous releases (including Designer-Con). This one just looked... off by comparison.

  10. #1885
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    224
    Is it just me or is the sellers response a little "iffy" it's very broken english. I would really like to hear from @brockotter on this situation.

    Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

  11. #1886
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    14
    To be honest with you that’s why I pursued this - I can’t imagine for one second that Mondo would actually provide a single exclusive to some random store for them to put up on eBay at an extortionate price and risk damaging their firm’s reputation. Loyal customers might get disillusioned with the line.

    Of course, from my own (perhaps selfish) point of view, I am kind of “all in” on this line at the moment and would just like a fair shot at collecting the complete line.

  12. #1887
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Is it just me or is the sellers response a little "iffy" it's very broken english. I would really like to hear from @brockotter on this situation.

    Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I've seen stuff like this before, where the factory making things have to run several samples before production, and the samples get sold online. I know a while back Brock posted pictures of Mer-man being painted with the metallic colors. I don't know if those were actual production pieces or paint samples for the factory . I'd like to know more about where this came from.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  13. #1888
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,835
    Maybe for those who are interested would try to reach out to Brock via FB or instagram or whatever first aside from this forum.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  14. #1889
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Maybe for those who are interested would try to reach out to Brock via FB or instagram or whatever first aside from this forum.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

    Maybe those that are interested choose not to be on Facebook and Instagram and know that Brock visits this forum?

    Also, isn’t this the 1-6-scale-MOTU-toy-line-coming-from-Mondo forum? If this isn’t the right place to discuss the Mondo MOTUbi Merman then please point me in the right direction.

  15. #1890
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I wish all will proceed with caution. Brock is active here right? Maybe he can provide confidence to this.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Maybe for those who are interested would try to reach out to Brock via FB or instagram or whatever first aside from this forum.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmarshall View Post
    Maybe those that are interested choose not to be on Facebook and Instagram and know that Brock visits this forum?

    Also, isnít this the 1-6-scale-MOTU-toy-line-coming-from-Mondo forum? If this isnít the right place to discuss the Mondo MOTUbi Merman then please point me in the right direction.
    Sorry I don't quite understand what do you mean. I only want people who are interested to be cautious with their hard earned money before proceeding and look on other avenues aside from the forum (because we are not getting a response here in the forum) to reach out to Mondo and Brock.



    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 24, 2020 at 08:38am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  16. #1891
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    43
    Hey guys.

    We were talking before about weapons racks and how cool they would be, but what other accessories would you like for this line?

    The Bone Throne? A flight effect stand for (a possible) Orko?

    Personally - because Mondo do great posters - I would like some backgrounds for display pieces. High quality card that fold into Detolf shelves or could be kept flat to stick on your wall if you use wall shelves. Those would be amazing.

    Cheers guys.

  17. #1892
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Hey guys.

    We were talking before about weapons racks and how cool they would be, but what other accessories would you like for this line?

    The Bone Throne? A flight effect stand for (a possible) Orko?

    Personally - because Mondo do great posters - I would like some backgrounds for display pieces. High quality card that fold into Detolf shelves or could be kept flat to stick on your wall if you use wall shelves. Those would be amazing.

    Cheers guys.

    Hi Jonno. All really good ideas. The weapons rack is a must for me as I would love to display all the awesome accessories that Iím not currently using with the figures. I would definitely be up for some Mondo backdrops as well.

    I would like to see some mini stands for the extra heads as well.

  18. #1893
    Heroic Warrior rexerm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    The Bone Throne? A flight effect stand for (a possible) Orko?
    Both great ideas, especially the Bone Throne. Mondo-style, that would be epic! I could see people who are not even fans of MOTU buying that for 12" figs. I could also see something like just the jaw-bridge and mouth of Grayskull for posing your He-Man inside.

    (what I really want: full-scale pit for placing a 1/6th scale Granamyr inside )

  19. #1894
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,761
    I'd like to see an improvement made to the figure stands. Maybe something a bit more diorama-ish? With things to pop spare weapons onto or something like that.

  20. #1895
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,370
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd like to see an improvement made to the figure stands. Maybe something a bit more diorama-ish? With things to pop spare weapons onto or something like that.
    YES! The stands that come with the figures are a lost opportunity IMO!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  21. #1896
    Always Hawthorn Viceroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by danasty View Post
    I just got in my Faker and Mer-Man to complete my collection so far. Mer-Man is amazing!

    https://i.imgur.com/8ewmiYg.jpg?1
    Great picture Iím envious of you. I purchased Mer-Man and I have Faker on the way but I kinda regret not buying the other three!

  22. #1897
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,761
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    YES! The stands that come with the figures are a lost opportunity IMO!
    That, and they actually don't work very well with these figures... so there's ALL kinds of room for improvement!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •