Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: He-Man 1/6 scale figure from Mondo Toys

Widget
    I wasn't able to get any 30% off Hot Topic code or any other discount codes to work. Sometimes HT restricts the codes. Hot Cash did work so I was able to use that to lower the price.

Thanks! I ordered mine from Hot Topic. I didn't get a discount (didn't apply to the figure) but free shipping plus a discount on two of the MOTU Pez Dispensers I didn't have was also a nice bonus.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Still no word from BBTS about when they're getting He-Man in. Hopefully soon! It's been shipping from Mondo for awhile now, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Thanks! I ordered mine from Hot Topic. I didn't get a discount (didn't apply to the figure) but free shipping plus a discount on two of the MOTU Pez Dispensers I didn't have was also a nice bonus.
    Hmmm... how could Hot Topic be shipping these before BBTS even gets them in stock?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Yeah, BBTS is weird sometimes. I preorder probably 75% of what I buy through them but sometimes they get stuff really, really late while other times they get it long before anyone else. It's weird.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Still waiting for my He-man. Ordered from S.P.A.C.E in Germany. Hopefully will be in stock soon.

I wanted to give props to Mondo customer service real quick. My power sword arrived broken. I contacted customer service in early April, and they responded requesting a picture while I was out of town for a funeral. I didn't see their email until earlier this week. Fearing I had missed my chance at a replacement I responded with the requested picture. A replacement sword shipped today. Thanks Mondo!

Widget
    He-Man figure looks great.

The shield is my only complaint. Hard to keep on the way it is designed. Maybe there is a trick to it?

Also, I remember there being a way to remove the skirt. Any instructions for that? Video or otherwise?

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb View Post
    He-Man figure looks great.

The shield is my only complaint. Hard to keep on the way it is designed. Maybe there is a trick to it?

Also, I remember there being a way to remove the skirt. Any instructions for that? Video or otherwise?
    Just pop him apart at the waste, its a ball peg. Pull him apart, skirt slips right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Still waiting for my He-man. Ordered from S.P.A.C.E in Germany. Hopefully will be in stock soon.
    Me too...

I'm can't imagine why it's taking this long...

Did those who ordered through Hot Topic get their figures, or a shipping notice?? (I'm thinking of canceling my original order and going that route...)

Widget
    Thanks!

Hot Topic took about 1 week to receive after I ordered it. Looks like it is out of stock now though.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. Ordered from Hot Topic.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar
    Guys, I need your help: I have the Mondo He-Man in my collection for a few months now and since then I had him posted with his shield strapped on. While reposing him today I recognized this stain on his arm, right where the strap of his shield was sitting. I guess the color of the shield strap rubbed off? Do you guys (or Brockotter, if youīre reading this) know if thereīs a way to remove it without damaging the figure? I tried to rub it off with a soft cloth, but it didnīt work, unfortunately.

62141166_315933485968533_8984114389640544256_n.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
    Guys, I need your help: I have the Mondo He-Man in my collection for a few months now and since then I had him posted with his shield strapped on. While reposing him today I recognized this stain on his arm, right where the strap of his shield was sitting. I guess the color of the shield strap rubbed off? Do you guys (or Brockotter, if youīre reading this) know if thereīs a way to remove it without damaging the figure? I tried to rub it off with a soft cloth, but it didnīt work, unfortunately.

62141166_315933485968533_8984114389640544256_n.jpg
    I don't own these so I don't know if the plastic is casted in flesh color or painted. If casted then try rubbing alc with a bit of elbow.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I don't own these so I don't know if the plastic is casted in flesh color or painted. If casted then try rubbing alc with a bit of elbow.

It seems to be painted in flesh. :-/

Heroic Warrior
    It seems to be painted in flesh. :-/
    Man I wouldn't play with it then. As of now it's not that noticeable, rubbing it off may cause more of an eyesore

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Man I wouldn't play with it then. As of now it's not that noticeable, rubbing it off may cause more of an eyesore

Thatīs what I thought as well. As of now I would only try to remove it if somebody who has/had the same problem would tell me how to do it without damaging the figure/paint.

Heroic Warrior
    Thatīs what I thought as well. As of now I would only try to remove it if somebody who has/had the same problem would tell me how to do it without damaging the figure/paint.
    Absolutely. These things are just to pricey to experiment. I was making an orb for a dio few months back. And I added to much white. It was actually fine, but I'm so anal and a perfectionist I had to sit and play with it. Well, that started to turn disastrous, and was like I shouldve just left it. But then that lead me to adding more of other colors and playing and the end result was great, but the point was, it was actually fine to begin with til I let my brain tell me that I should play with it and then started traveling down a road I shouldn't have went down. Luckily I saved it, though. But I could've just left it alone and it would've been fine.

The most I would try would be some mild soap and water on a washcloth. Anything else like alcohol or stronger could end up removing the paint or attacking the plastic. Sometimes the dye used on straps, even on toys, can leach out onto what it's in contact with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think I will give it a liiittle water treatment ... just a little. Thanks for your responses, guys.

Guess what guys???

I FINALLY got my He-Man today!!!

It took forever, but I really, REALLY like this figure! I agree with those who were on the fence about his face being 100x better in person! Man, what an awesome figure - and a fitting reimagining of the Most Powerful Man in the Universe! (P.S. The packaging is a work of art as well! )

Now, I CANNOT wait for Skeletor!!!

But, this time I think I may switch my order to Hot Topic, or another secondary market, because of the ridiculously long shipping time... (I just don't want to give up that Cosmic-Key...)

Question: Do you all prefer He-Man with or without his 'kilt'?

How do you display yours?

I think this iteration of He-Man actually looks better with the kilt/skirt than with just the furry shorts, so that's how I display mine.

That seems so sketchy. Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think this iteration of He-Man actually looks better with the kilt/skirt than with just the furry shorts, so that's how I display mine.
    Yeah, I actually really like the kilt too... it gives He-Man a completely different aesthetic.

But, with that said, I still chose to display him with just the furry shorts... something about it looks so cool, in an 80's Sword & Sorcery kind of way.

I wonder if the original designers know about this?