Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2737

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Heroic Warrior

1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Itís hard to take a picture that shows how it looks in person but Iíve added some smart lighting to the cabinets for He-Man and Skeletor and it looks amazingÖ.well I think it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ProteinNerd; May 3, 2021 at 07:34pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    My second figure arrived todayÖthis time Skeletor. Wow! What an amazing figure.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c523a0805f.jpg

Itís so good itís making me second guess my decision to sell Keldor when he gets delivered. I guess I donít need 2 of effectively the same figure as I only want to have a very minimal collection and I wouldnít display him with the Keldor headÖ..first world problemsÖ.

Also, that Havoc Staff is incredible! I donít regret dropping the extra $$ on the figure just to have that.

He clearly doesnít suffer from He-Mans biggest flaw, the head sculpt, in fact Iíd say Skeletors head is the best part of him!

I still canít quite find a pose for He-Man that I love. I really think itís the head, he just doesnít look like He-Man to me so no matter what the pose is, he just doesnít look quite right. The rest of him is great though. Iím hoping someone will do a more 200x custom head eventually.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...38b3056d2c.jpg

The only downside to these figures is they have kinda dampened my enjoyment of my Classics figures, the Classics just donít feel as special now.

If anyone has a great pose for He-Man, Iíd love to see a pic.

Classics are way better than these man. These take some time to warm up to, but the quality ain't that great. The paint is extremely cheap. Like super 7 cheap. Matter of fact I'd say they are in cahoots with one and another or share the same factory lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

It’s hard to take a picture that shows how it looks in person but I’ve added some smart lighting to the cabinets for He-Man and Skeletor and it looks amazing….well I think it does
    Nice display in an office. Your pics are making me to consider reducing my collection and selling most of my Classics (and keeping Mondo). My situation is a matter of space. I do remote work and my home-office is also my MOTU cave.

If I could display all my Classics with MONDOS all together I would, but you know how much space takes to display that (including vehicles). And having them stored in closets because of space reasons is not something that a collector wants. I own all classics including Snake Mountain, and I have all current Mondos too (except those MOTUbi variants and that Hot Topic Exclusive Skelly), but I would sacrifice being a completist, and just having an office with a small collection displayed.

I would like something simple, and nice at the same time. Of course, I would keep what I consider la creme de la creme of classics (I don't think I could sell Granamyr, the Cats, or Man-At-Arms Filmation for example)

Not sure yet, but I'm having those thoughts lately.
    Last edited by modulok02; May 4, 2021 at 05:12pm.

Itís hard to take a picture that shows how it looks in person but Iíve added some smart lighting to the cabinets for He-Man and Skeletor and it looks amazingÖ.well I think it does

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...59e724f8ae.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6c66c42add.jpg

Very clean, I'm digging the setup!
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Make sure that those lights aren't too hot for the figures... they look awfully close to the surface!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Make sure that those lights aren't too hot for the figures... they look awfully close to the surface!
    Thanks for the concern but they are low watt smart LEDs, I canít feel any heat on them and they have been on all day.

Watch your figures and some of these stupid oversized (200x crap style) weapons.

In February we had ice damage and of course it was my music/collection room. Whole room redone top to bottom and finally done last week.

Anyways, putting displays back together, old man wang has an old man limp right arm. Because that stupid mace is way too big and way way too heavy. Arm stays put with nothing in hand. But anything in hand, arm becomes floppy.

The quality is there in weapon detail and heft and you want to feel like you are getting your money worth. But in long run, skeletors staff and that mace are too heavy. Lighter material for the oversized stuff would help in the long run.

The setup looks really great! I wish I could be this minimal!

Attachment 12564020210505_140849.jpg

In process of putting stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

Great set up and I like what you did with the background using the Mondo sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    Great set up and I like what you did with the background using the Mondo sleeves.
    Thanks. There's a bare shelf on bottom that I was hoping that they do something special for Hordak sleeves.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

Yeah nice display! Is that the IKEA Deltof?

I tried to do the same thing with the boxes in the back but they are too tall for my cabinet and I donít want to cut them to fit.

Iím kind of torn whether I just keep the two main guys or if I get more. I think it looks great at the moment but you knowÖ.you always want just 1 or 2 more regardless of how many you have.

I could potentially fit another 3 (possibly 4) on another shelving unit the same way but 5 of these in a minimalist office might look like overkillÖ.

What are your thoughts on scareglow? I love the character but Iím not sure if the figure is worth the price Iíd have to pay now.

No. Milsbo from ikea.

I know alot of people didn't like the vice versa of black/glow if scareglow, but I dont mind it. Yeah it would be better the other way but its still cool. The paint on the head on the other hand, not a fan of.

If the sculpt on heman and Faker were better, this would be my favorite thing I'm collecting now. But those sculpts , barf!

I'm missing the Glow in the Dark Skeletor and the 2 rainbow pride figures. Not paying the price and don't care for them.

I just hope they don't make one of the hordaks impossible to get.

20210505_203702.jpg

Yeah nice display! Is that the IKEA Deltof?

I tried to do the same thing with the boxes in the back but they are too tall for my cabinet and I donít want to cut them to fit.

Iím kind of torn whether I just keep the two main guys or if I get more. I think it looks great at the moment but you knowÖ.you always want just 1 or 2 more regardless of how many you have.

I could potentially fit another 3 (possibly 4) on another shelving unit the same way but 5 of these in a minimalist office might look like overkillÖ.

What are your thoughts on scareglow? I love the character but Iím not sure if the figure is worth the price Iíd have to pay now.

My advice to you is, if you can afford them buy them. I had resigned myself to ruling out purchasing Scareglow and Skeletor. However Mondo quietly re-released a few extra Skeletors they had laying around and an Org member was selling a Scareglow which I was able to pick up.

If anyone is interested I reviewed my new Keldor this week!

Overall I'm quite happy with him. The burning skull and the Alcala inspired headsculpt are two of the best portraits in the line.

It sure would have been nice to have seen Mondo attempt the 200x swords for this guy, though. Those were such a cool design!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Pre-order already sold out, but at what point did this actually ever go up on BBTS? How did all of us miss this?
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/163574
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Pre-order already sold out, but at what point did this actually ever go up on BBTS? How did all of us miss this?
    I would imagine it will go up on Mondo at some point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I saw it. But I'm not a fan of MONDO's (rather overpriced) Tikis, so I passed.

Unfortunately, Facebook has become the most dynamic source of up to date MOTU news, not the org...

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Unfortunately, Facebook has become the most dynamic source of up to date MOTU news, not the org...
    That is sad.

From Florian's IG stories. I have to remind myself that Mondo isn't necessarily doing the Origins thing, where the box art hints at upcoming characters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ha ha, I told myself the same thing earlier!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    It's exclusive through Previews as well. You can order it through your local comic book shop.

Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    In which is crazy cause I pointed out 2 years ago this was rhe spot for hot news and fb was always 2 weeks behind. It's like them guys just live in motu groups on fb and font leave. Now that place is on the ball and here not so much. I still like to get the skinny from here though. Got some great fans here that are always on top of things.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk