Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2576

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    If anything it once again shows to the higher ups that the MOTU community is very loyal to the brand which will hopefully mean many more Classics MOTU to come.
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    None of the previous Mondo MotU figures had sold out anywhere near this quick, or anytime until long after the release date. And they were released in two versions: one exclusive to the Mondo site, that had a more limited run, and another that was widely available. So, even if you missed out on the exclusive, you could still easily get the vanilla version.

We're talking superexpensive $150Ė$200 figures here; they're not something everybody can afford at the drop of a hat without the option of a payment plan or some careful pre-planning.

This situation was totally unprecedented and unexpected. Mondo did not announce this was to be an extremely limited edition likely to fly off the virtual shelves in minutes. So I'm shocked. Had I known, or even suspected, anything even close to this, I would have been there at the release date and time, like in the old days of MattyCollector sales (whose infuriating stressfulness I think very few remember fondly).

So, now I'm out of a must-have figure in this collection. If this is the way to go for Mondo going forward, I think I might just give up collecting these pretty expensive figures altogether. Sorry, Mondo, this wasn't a cool move from you at all.
    I totally hear what your saying and I agree with you to a point. Yes the figures arenít cheap as it costs me just under $300 Australian to purchase one. The Aussie dollar is quite low in comparison to the U.S. dollar at the moment. However I have known for the best part of six months that Keldor was going to be released in the first quarter of 2021. After buying Scareglow on the secondary market I soon realised the pitfalls of waiting to buy a figure. Now I donít muck around and Iím up at 4am ready to purchase newly released figures.

Fortunately for me Mondo quietly released a few extra Skeletors they had left laying around in stock which I was able to purchase. I wouldnít be surprised if the same thing applies to Keldor.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Wait until they see the response to Hordak.
    Hordak is gonna be nuts.....
    I have both versions of him on my desk for reference because I am working on the packaging art right now.
    The Mondo exclusive filmation Hordak is nothing short of incredible, Hector really knocked it out of the park with the colors.

I have both versions of him on my desk for reference because I am working on the packaging art right now.
    The Mondo exclusive filmation Hordak is nothing short of incredible, Hector really knocked it out of the park with the colors.
    That's good to hear about the colors.

I do feel like I have more than enough representations of the grey-skinned Hordak in my collection ('80s, Classics, the Four Horsemen bust, Origins, etc) and really love the blue-skinned Filmation 6" version of the figure (can't remember if that was Mattel or Super7), so I've been thinking the blue-skinned Mondo exclusive would be the one to get. I didn't really like the blue for Faker that Mondo went with (it's a little too pale, he almost looks white-washed or something) so I'm hoping Hordak will be a deeper shade than either Faker or Skeletor ended up being.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Speaking of your awesome art. Any news about more puzzles?

I hope they are smart enough not to release both Hordaks at the same time.

Heroic Warrior
    I CANNOT WAIT FOR HORDAK!!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Please... if there is a God, this means that She-Ra is hot on the heels of Hordak!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Please... if there is a God, this means that She-Ra is hot on the heels of Hordak!!!
    The existing Mattel 12" She-Ra/Adora fits absolutely perfectly fine with the Mondo figures. I can't see any need whatsoever for a Mondo She-Ra, with so many other never-released-in-12" MotU/PoP females waiting for their chance to shine in this scale. It would be a thoroughly redundant waste of a precious slot.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Nah, let's be real here. I own that 12" She-Ra and while I do love it, it's definitely a DOLL. You put her and the Mondo He-Man together and they don't look at all to be of the same category of collectible.
    Just due to the nature of what Mondo has been doing with this line, their version of She-Ra will be amazing, packed with accessories, and something to behold on the shelf next to their version of Hordak. If I put Mondo's Hordak on a shelf next to Mattel's 12" She-Ra, it's just going to look sort of silly. And while there's nothing wrong with silly per se, I want a comparable quality She-Ra to display next to him.
    Last edited by zodak74; April 16, 2021 at 07:07am.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Nah, let's be real here. I own that 12" She-Ra and while I do love it, it's definitely a DOLL. You put her and the Mondo He-Man together and they don't look at all to be of the same category of collectible.
    A Mondo She-Ra would blow the 12" Mattel doll out of the water, just due to the nature of what Mondo has been doing with this line.
    I definitely agree. I hope they make one soon!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they are smart enough not to release both Hordaks at the same time.
    That's how it's always done though, isn't it? One Regular Edition and one Exclusive? But now that you say it, two separate releases would be far better. Then I might be able to get both.

Are we going to get any kind of notice, or am I just supposed to start stuffing money under my mattress for some irritating out-of-the-blue drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    That's how it's always done though, isn't it? One Regular Edition and one Exclusive? But now that you say it, two separate releases would be far better. Then I might be able to get both.

Are we going to get any kind of notice, or am I just supposed to start stuffing money under my mattress for some irritating out-of-the-blue drop?
    I'd start putting money to the side (for two if the release both at same time) because it will be typical less than a week notice.

Court Magician
    Definitely think we need more advance information re Hordak. I've seen the work in progress pics and presume that the grey version is the regular and the blue is the exclusive but would be nice to have clarity

If both are dropping at the same time you can be sure that alot of collectors will be getting both which will be spicey. Hopefully there will be a bundle price like they did with the recent Creature release.

Going forward with the line I would much rather see unique characters rather than variations...Its already expensive enough being a Mondo completist...ūü§£

I understand the frustration not getting the figure.

Quite honestly I don't think anyone expected this guy going so fast.
    Keldor at this price point was quite a risk even when considering he re -uses most of the Skeletor tooling.
    A lot of people responded lukewarm when he was first shown which is why I believe they "only" made a 1000.
    If anything it once again shows to the higher ups that the MOTU community is very loyal to the brand which will hopefully mean many more Mondo MOTU to come.
    You should have announced it as Mondo exclusive since it was technically one.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    The existing Mattel 12" She-Ra/Adora fits absolutely perfectly fine with the Mondo figures. I can't see any need whatsoever for a Mondo She-Ra, with so many other never-released-in-12" MotU/PoP females waiting for their chance to shine in this scale. It would be a thoroughly redundant waste of a precious slot.
    Too late, they've already previewed a fantastic looking She-Ra that actually fits in with the style of Mondo's figures thus far as opposed to the figure that you're speaking of.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    Does anyone have any suggestions for how to give Keldor a Havoc Staff?

Iíve contacted Mondo to see if they have any replacement parts available but no luck there.

There are a few Faker weapons on eBay but no Skeletor parts.

Any ideas other than seeing if someone wants to trade a Keldor for a Skeletor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

Iíve contacted Mondo to see if they have any replacement parts available but no luck there.

Iím thinking the same thing. There is the metal Ďscale replicaí available from Factory Entertainment but it is slightly too small.

Iím most excited by the Alcala head, especially since I missed out on both He-Man and Skeletor. I canít decide whether I prefer this yellow Alcala head or the greener one that came with the exclusive He-Man. That one had more realistic teeth, whereas this one looks a little more Ďdrawní, like it was lifted off the pages of the mini comic.

Whatís everyoneís opinion on them?

I love the Alcala head. Really dont know how I'll display Keldor.

I hate the regular head. Looks like ugly Undertaker. This is Mondos downfall (seems to be most companies) their human faces are awful. Heman/Faker are still the ugliest things I've seen.

I use the vintage heads on all of them. It's what I love. I wish old man wang (MAA) came with vintage head.

As for Keldor I'll probably use the "smoking, melty" skull. I'll have to see what the Alcala head looks like on it. Would be cool if there was a broken vial you could place on the smoking skull.

As for the staff, I don't even use it for Skeletor. It's big and very top heavy. So poses are kind of difficult with it.
    Last edited by banthafett; April 17, 2021 at 12:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Too late, they've already previewed a fantastic looking She-Ra that actually fits in with the style of Mondo's figures thus far as opposed to the figure that you're speaking of.
    This!

I do like the SDCC She-Ra doll, but putting her next to the Mondo figures would be like putting Barbie next to the SideShow G.I. Joe figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

Oh man... not too long ago there was a 3rd party seller listing repro Mondo MOTU weapons on BBTS...

They were eventually taken down because I don't think that they had permission from Mondo to use their designs.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    So like, what's the connection between Keldor and Alcala Skeletor? Like, this is the second Keldor with an Alcala Skeletor head.

Idk, imo a 200X head would be more fitting. Or even like an Anti-Keldor head (maybe with a soft goods vest and shirt) would have been cool.

Actually, I just really hope they do Anti-Keldor eventually. I really love his design and would love to see him get some love in plastic.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Oh man... not too long ago there was a 3rd party seller listing repro Mondo MOTU weapons on BBTS...

They were eventually taken down because I don't think that they had permission from Mondo to use their designs.
    Thanks for the lead, I might try emailing BBTS to see if they can give me some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    So like, what's the connection between Keldor and Alcala Skeletor? Like, this is the second Keldor with an Alcala Skeletor head.

Idk, imo a 200X head would be more fitting. Or even like an Anti-Keldor head (maybe with a soft goods vest and shirt) would have been cool.

Actually, I just really hope they do Anti-Keldor eventually. I really love his design and would love to see him get some love in plastic.
    Oh, that would be have been great...an Anti-Keldor option would have had me for sure. I really enjoyed the Multiverse comic run.

There is no world in which Mondo skips over She-Ra to do someone like Glimmer or Frosta.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    There is no world in which Mondo skips over She-Ra to do someone like Glimmer or Frosta.

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post

Yes,

Especially when you consider how INSANELY expensive it is to design and make tooling for an entirely new figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the Alcala head. Really dont know how I'll display Keldor.

I hate the regular head. Looks like ugly Undertaker. This is Mondos downfall (seems to be most companies) their human faces are awful. Heman/Faker are still the ugliest things I've seen.

I use the vintage heads on all of them. It's what I love. I wish old man wang (MAA) came with vintage head.

As for Keldor I'll probably use the "smoking, melty" skull. I'll have to see what the Alcala head looks like on it. Would be cool if there was a broken vial you could place on the smoking skull.

As for the staff, I don't even use it for Skeletor. It's big and very top heavy. So poses are kind of difficult with it.
    Banthafett, I hear you on He-Man/Faker which mostly is beacuse of the hair imho but MAA is incredible and his face is perfect.

I like Keldor's face because it really shows his smugness and over confidence.