Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1982

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Widget
    So I emailed Mondo about the line and they responded very quickly and stated that they were in fact continuing the line .. and sent me the MAA article.. So very promising!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpig50000 View Post
    So I emailed Mondo about the line and they responded very quickly and stated that they were in fact continuing the line .. and sent me the MAA article.. So very promising!!!
    That's good to hear, yet I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise. Time will tell just how far they're able to take the line, and I imagine it all hinges on sales. Money talks. Probably now more than ever.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    That's good to hear, yet I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise. Time will tell just how far they're able to take the line, and I imagine it all hinges on sales. Money talks. Probably now more than ever.
    Yep.. Even if they made the ones in the sketchs and a few more key figures ..like Man E Faces , Tri -Kolps . Definitely not naive to fact that we won't get the majority of the line, but if we keep buying who knows ??
    Last edited by Bigpig50000; June 5, 2020 at 06:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    These figures seem to be selling VERY well. I'd be surprised if they ended it with what we've seen so far. They put literally years of development into it.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    These figures seem to be selling VERY well. I'd be surprised if they ended it with what we've seen so far. They put literally years of development into it.
    Thatís what Iím hoping. If we keep buying them, Mondo should keep selling them!

Itís a shame about Brock leaving though. I hope that his replacement is as engaged on here as he was.

I wish him the best, Iím just being a selfish fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Hey my friends! Hope all is well with everything going on the in the world. Just a quick update on me- I'm no longer with Mondo (as of April, actually). I'm all good, and have new things I'm working on. No idea where the Mondo line is going at this point, but here's to hoping they continue the line! It was a blast to work on, and was an honor to put my thumbprints on these wonderful characters (if they continue with the line, my grimy prints will still be seen in several designs to come). It was also awesome chatting/debating/goofing on Ram-Man with all of you! You all are rad! Who knows- maybe we'll do it again in the future
    Damn! Well, all the best with what's next, and thank you for coming on here and keeping us informed.

Can't believe you won't be the one to carry the Ram Man dream to fruition....sad...

- - - Updated - - -

Unless...the clues, the hints, the riddles...the new venture is an ENTIRE LINE OF RAM-MAN BASED FIGURES!!!!

Yes! It was Mondo holding you back...forcing you to toe the company's "anti Ram-Man" line...finally you can be free to follow your heart!

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but we know what happened to the Classics line after Scott left. We were told everything would continue on as it was, and we got one year past what he had planned out (2016), and then Mattel dropped it. I worry that the same thing might happen at Mondo now that Brock is gone. Hopefully we should still maybe get Man-At-Arms and Hordak, though, since those actually had physical samples made of them. And I seem to recall that MAA may have already been in production, or at least scheduled.

Who knows, though. Mondo is a much smaller company, and may have more MOTU fans working there who are willing to forge ahead and keep things going. I hope that is the case!

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I suppose the line could weather any sort of staffing changes... I sold a vintage Wind Raider locally to the fellow who originally headed up Mondo in early 2015, and it was from him that I got "the scoop" that Mondo had the Masters of the Universe license and he was a big fan who ended up parting ways with Mondo several months later... and the 1/6 scale figures and prints still came chugging along after the fact.
    The thing I worry about is, I don't know how the parent company, Alamo Drafthouse (which is a theatre chain) is going to fare in post Covid-19 times- what with cinemas having been shuttered since late March (and for who knows how much longer). I would like to think Mondo is a bit of a financial life line of some sort for them right now (it seems their releases in general have kept churning out, despite the pandemic).
    Buuuut, I could also see if there was an arm that was going to get the axe it could be- if not Mondo as a whole- perhaps just the types of products they put out and licenses they pursue- they started out as custom t-shirts, evolved into prints and now look at them. I could see someone somewhere coming along crunching numbers and saying "no action figures, no tikis, no statues..." and them just going back to the basics until things bounce back (if things bounce back).
    This is all me guessing BTW- I have no idea if they've furloughed staff or cut departments down or whatnot like they've had to do with the Alamo Drafthouse itself.
    Last edited by zodak74; June 6, 2020 at 08:30pm.

Zodak74, you bring up an interesting point; I'm sure Brock would not publicly comment on it, but maybe his leaving was due to staff cutbacks due to Covid 19. I wasn't aware that Mondo had a parent company, and some of your theories I could see being possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Widget

Collection updated

Widget
    I hope whoever replaces Brock also has some interaction with collectors on this site or elsewhere. It was great to see him posting on this board about upcoming releases, issues, etc.

Really looking forward to the MAA.

Does anyone know if MOTU was a profitable property for Mondo?

If so, I would imagine that the line will continue. If not, then we may not see all of those hinted characters from earlier...

Suffice it to say, I would still LOVE to see a Ram Man in this line. Imagine how cool he would look! He would be massive!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

The whole situation kind of sucks. I mean, best of luck to Brock. He doesn't owe anyone anything and it's not like I expected him to stay at Mondo forever, but it stinks to have built up all this excitement for the line, teasing all these cool things to come, and then pop up after two months of radio silence to say, "Peace out, everyone! The line might be finished, who knows!"

I get businesses have to play things close to the vest sometimes, and maybe MOTU isn't making Mondo any money, but it'd be nice to have SOME idea of what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    The whole situation kind of sucks. I mean, best of luck to Brock. He doesn't owe anyone anything and it's not like I expected him to stay at Mondo forever, but it stinks to have built up all this excitement for the line, teasing all these cool things to come, and then pop up after two months of radio silence to say, "Peace out, everyone! The line might be finished, who knows!"

I get businesses have to play things close to the vest sometimes, and maybe MOTU isn't making Mondo any money, but it'd be nice to have SOME idea of what's going on.

Highly agree

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

I think one way to gauge whether or not the line has been "successful" for Mondo is to see who's in stock right now.
    They currently have 9 MOTU releases listed on their webstore. Of the nine, six are now currently "sold out" (I know that changes from time to time, depending on whether they come across a random box somewhere in the warehouse, I'm sure).
    As of this moment, Faker and 2 different versions of Mer-Man are still available for sale.
    I would guess that if everything was sold out, you could say MOTU has been a homerun for them in terms of sales.
    Browsing through all of their 1/6 scale offerings, all of their TMNT are sold out.
    Batman only has Catwoman (a recent release) still available.
    And there's a Half-Life 2 character that I know nothing about that has both versions still for sale.
    So... ???
    We haven't had any release news on Man-At-Arms, but that could be due to Covid-19 complications moreso than a sign that the line is dead. I would guess that Man-At-Arms and Hordak would both sell rather well. Beyond that... Trap-Jaw, She-Ra and Teela have all been teased and it seems like those are characters that would do well (with She-Ra and Teela even probably lending themselves to variants or exclusives of some sort).
    Keldor... I was never clear if that was just meant to be additional accessories to add to your existing Skeletor or if he was intended to be a brand new figure in the line- but I can't see him flying out of the warehouse at $175.

I was never expecting this to get to be 30-40 characters deep, but I am hoping we get at least a half dozen good guys and a half dozen bad guys. Right now my display looks a little odd with just He-Man up against a somewhat random assortment of Skeletor's gang.

P.S.- Dear Mondo. I'm currently unemployed with too much time on my hands. And I'm local and used to work in your warehouse back in the day... so holla at me if you need a new MOTU brand ambassador... LOL!

Hopefully Man-At-Arms and Hordak aren't the final two figures in this line.

I can't wait to get them both, but I really want to see a female character show in this line too!

Ideally, Teela... but, more likely, She-Ra.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Releasing a female figure means developing and entirely new body. So if we get She-Ra, I wouldn't be surprised to see Teela, Evil-Lyn, etc. Just to get some return on their investment.

I wouldn't complain if all three of them came out in a row- just don't take three more years to do it!

Court Magician
    @Zodak74 Yeah, it would be cool to be brand ambassador! I think all of our worry here is if the person in charge of Mondo MOTU isnít a fan, and isnít active on here.

It would be great for them to drop us a line on here and let us know whatís going on.

Oh my goodness the Mondo Scareglow has totally skyrocketed in price...

Out there somewhere, and floating in a most peculiar way...
    I've seen a whole bunch of people trying to sell Scareglow at ridiculous prices, but I haven't seen much in the way of anyone actually buying them at those prices personally.
    My momma said, to get things done
    you'd better not mess with Major Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I've seen a whole bunch of people trying to sell Scareglow at ridiculous prices, but I haven't seen much in the way of anyone actually buying them at those prices personally.
    Major Tom is right in that people sometimes ask for the sky.

Always check out the sold prices on eBay to find out what something is selling for.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I bet now that Brock has left Mondo, people think the line is over so are selling their collections.

We need some form of communication from Mondo about whatís ahead.

I agree that I'd like to hear something from Mondo, but most people out there have never heard of Brock.

Scareglow is selling for crazy prices because one, he's Scareglow, two, he's limited, and three, he's sold out.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    I bet now that Brock has left Mondo, people think the line is over so are selling their collections.

We need some form of communication from Mondo about what¬’s ahead.

I agree that the above could happen but as much as I’d love this line to continue I wouldn’t sell the ones I have just because I couldn’t get more. Would be like selling your collection of Picasso’s just because he isn’t around to do you a private sitting.