Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 3,326 to 3,338 of 3338

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

I wonder if Trap Jaw will still release this year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Yesterday I was shown first images of the finished new He-Man and boy oh boy he is incredible.
    Everything is resculpted, new head, new hair, new power sword, new armor....
    Also saw pics of the Trap Jaw sculpt, final sculpt of BattleCat and Panthor

There will be A LOT of incredible new MOTU stuff coming from Mondo this summer/year.

We were talking about doing another MOTU Toy talk soon

Sorry for not being able to post any actual photos - I am DYING to show you guys but I have to wait until everything is ready.
    No mention of She-Ra?!? ....
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Sounds all like great news! I just hope MONDO spaces the cat releases apart so our wallets can recover LOL!
    It's what I've been afraid of since the line has been at a stand still. They are gonna bombard with a multiple things at once. I'm really afraid of the prices now with how everything is skyrocketing .

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Yesterday I was shown first images of the finished new He-Man and boy oh boy he is incredible.
    Everything is resculpted, new head, new hair, new power sword, new armor....
    *facepalm* Why? Just why waste precious few limited production resources on yet another variant/version/resculpt/whatever of He-Man, which we already have a minimum of two 12Ē versions/variants of (the two different heads, combined with an array of possibilities with the garments and accessories), when dozens upon dozens upon dozens of other MotU and PoP characters have never been done in this scale yet? (and which, for every product slot wasted with the nth unnecessary He-Man/Skeletor/She-Ra variant like this, seem more and more likely to never get madeómost especially if, as in this case, the slot wasted in an unnecessary variant also additional wastes highly expensive tooling resources in unnecessary variant resculpts, instead of at least making good use of the slot by reusing existing tooling in order for the proceeds of the otherwise wasted slot to finance the new sculpts necessary for unreleased characters.)

Is Mondo planning to release several hundred MotU figures in this line (ŗ la MotU Classics), so that wasting slots in variants could be somehow justified?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    *facepalm* Why? Just why waste precious few limited production resources on yet another variant/version/resculpt/whatever of He-Man, which we already have a minimum of two 12” versions/variants of (the two different heads, combined with an array of possibilities with the garments and accessories), when dozens upon dozens upon dozens of other MotU and PoP characters have never been done in this scale yet? (and which, for every product slot wasted with the nth unnecessary He-Man/Skeletor/She-Ra variant like this, seem more and more likely to never get made—most especially if, as in this case, the slot wasted in an unnecessary variant also additional wastes highly expensive tooling resources in unnecessary variant resculpts, instead of at least making good use of the slot by reusing existing tooling in order for the proceeds of the otherwise wasted slot to finance the new sculpts necessary for unreleased characters.)

Is Mondo planning to release several hundred MotU figures in this line (ŗ la MotU Classics), so that wasting slots in variants could be somehow justified?
    They're doing this for a few reasons.

1. He-Man is a more profitable character than Frosta or whoever you're thinking about.
    2. For those late to the line who were unable to pickup He-Man, this gives them a chance.
    3. By offering Battle Armor and Thunder Punch accessories with this version, they're taking your advice and knocking out two variants in one go.

This may be a waste to you, but I'm glad they're doing this. I plan on buying two so I can display him both ways.

I was not a fan of that original He-Man, and I know I am not alone in this. So I am ecstatic that we are getting new versions. Plus as Pez said above, it will give alot of those that missed out the chance to add him to their collection. It all comes down to the simple fact that they are going to make what they know is going to sell well, and the characters they have announced so far are figures that the majority of collectors are going to want in their Mondo collection.
    Last edited by depp76; May 12, 2022 at 01:34pm.

Realistically how many people would consider getting into to the line if they canít ever get He-Man?

Iíve got the original He-Man and Iím excited for the new version. Iíll probably get the new one (if itís as good as Florian is saying) and sell my original one, that original head sculpt was so lacklustre Iíve currently got a Chris Hemsworth head on him to make him look betterÖ.

Heroic Warrior
    He-man is the only figure I never bought and just couldn't bring myself to buy due to the head. It's odd because I have the Faker but he doesn't bother me as much as the he-man.
    I literally have all the figures/exclusives/variations except he-man, so I'm very happy they are doing a new he-man.
    Plus the bonus of battle armor and Thunder Punch alternative armors which were two of my favorite vintage figures when I was a kid.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Realistically how many people would consider getting into to the line if they canít ever get He-Man?

Iíve got the original He-Man and Iím excited for the new version. Iíll probably get the new one (if itís as good as Florian is saying) and sell my original one, that original head sculpt was so lacklustre Iíve currently got a Chris Hemsworth head on him to make him look betterÖ.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9a229655ee.jpg
    I believe Florian stated at one point that the new He-Man will come with at least one additional head so we can use it on the original release.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Widget
    My first of these was keldor, so personally.,, im excited to get he man, he was already pricey by the time I got into the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any guesses as to how much the new He-Man will cost?

I will try to answer as many questions as possible...

Banthafett - The line was never at a standstill but those two pandemic years certainly slowed things down(factories shut down, supplies etc)

uaxuctum - All of us want to have a proper HeMan and quite a few of us were never 100% satisfied with how the first one turned out(head, hair, loincloth).
    Also, many people didn't get the first HeMan because he is long sold out and hard to find/expensive. If you're gonna collect Mondo MOTU you NEED the title character.
    Is Mondo planning to make as many as MOTU Classics? I don't know but I can tell you I would not have enough room in my house at that size!

ProteinNerd - That Hemsworth looks REALLY good on the HeMan body!

Chuc98 - Correct, he will come with at least 2 new heads!

OrnClown - I would imagine about the same as Hordak, he will come with TONS of stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    No mention of She-Ra?!? ....

Oh don't you worry SheRa is all finished right now they are waiting on the factory to finish printing the boxes.
    She looks fantastic Hector did an incredible paintjob. Kowl may be my favorite new sidekick next to Imp

I will try to answer as many questions as possible...

Banthafett - The line was never at a standstill but those two pandemic years certainly slowed things down(factories shut down, supplies etc)

uaxuctum - All of us want to have a proper HeMan and quite a few of us were never 100% satisfied with how the first one turned out(head, hair, loincloth).
    Also, many people didn't get the first HeMan because he is long sold out and hard to find/expensive. If you're gonna collect Mondo MOTU you NEED the title character.
    Is Mondo planning to make as many as MOTU Classics? I don't know but I can tell you I would not have enough room in my house at that size!

ProteinNerd - That Hemsworth looks REALLY good on the HeMan body!

Chuc98 - Correct, he will come with at least 2 new heads!

OrnClown - I would imagine about the same as Hordak, he will come with TONS of stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Oh don't you worry SheRa is all finished right now they are waiting on the factory to finish printing the boxes.
    She looks fantastic Hector did an incredible paintjob. Kowl may be my favorite new sidekick next to Imp
    All good news!!

I'm getting pretty excited for the future of this line!

Thanks for the info, Florian!!