Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

For those of you interested in the limited edition He-Man and Skeletor prints by Mike Mitchell, those go on sale at a random time tomorrow (Thursday, July 23rd)!
    Click here for more info.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Interesting little tidbit from an interview:

CA: You can see these are going to have plenty of articulation, but is that something that will be a hallmark of the 1/6 line, or will it vary license by license?
    BO: This is our first out the gate of this style, when we get to something like the Masters of the Universe style, it’ll be a little more realistic, but still super-articulated. I’m bringing a lot of the Japanese-style articulation to it, which is something I really like. This is just the start, and I can’t wait to talk about where we’re going after MotU in a few months. I think we’re making a unique statement on 1/6 scale figures, and they’re going to be a lot less expensive than other stuff on the market right now.

Read More: Mondo Talks About Its Figure Future and TMNT Love [SDCC '15] | http://comicsalliance.com/mondo-tmnt...ckback=tsmclip
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Awesome! Thanks for posting that.

Also, we have a Mondo MOTU toys Q&A coming very soon!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I just hope all the articulation doesn’t play havoc with the detail and the “realistic” look of the characters. With the TMNT figures they can get away with it more, I think, because of the dark colours and the design of the characters. These aren’t really toys (as in, for children), so the articulation shouldn’t limit the figures in any way. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Just the scale and the term "high-end" has me turned off already.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan 0f 12" figures unless they are in scale with 6" like Granamyr,etc... I want to like the Sideshow stuff we've seen too but I
    can't go with 12" figures all over the place I would love if these designs were put into a 6" line though

The Q&A has been posted for those who would like to participate.

MondoCon MOTU News!!!

Check it.

"MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, and all the fantastical characters, creatures, and worlds from Masters of the Universe have inspired generations of fans over the years, and we're thrilled represent the property at MondoCon this year. Epic battles of Good vs Evil, guiding morality lessons, and enduring character designs offer a wealth of creative opportunity for posters, collectible figures, and more!

We're also excited to show the first in a series of MOTU 1/6 Scale Collectible Figures: He-Man & Skeletor! Designed by Dave Rapoza and Joe Allard, and sculpted by Ramirez Studios, you'll get a sneak peek of the prototypes! Check out a tease of some of the designs below.

MondoCon 2015 will be held October 3-4 in Austin, TX. Tickets are still available!"

Cool, but nothing much new, other than a bit more shown of concept art.

The Filmation print is a new tidbit... and there's more to come, which I imagine we can use this thread as the dumping ground for

So glad that MONDO is now involved in MOTU.

Not sure if you guys have seen the previous announcement, but we'll also be screening the doc Toy Masters. So if you can't make the screening in LA, come on by Austin, TX. I'll be at both!

Heroic Warrior
    I am far from being sold on this line.

These "teasers" do not pique my interest.

Heroic Warrior
    Have 0 interest in a 12" MOTU line, especially since it sounds like these figures will be super-expensive. I don't care how good these figures will look. Forget it.

I'm a SW toy collector, and was briefly into the Sideshow SW figures several years ago. However, after they raised their prices I bailed. There's no way I'm paying $150 - $200 on a 1/6 figure, no matter how great it looks.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; August 22, 2015 at 01:19am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sadly in a similar boat, $200 plus shipping (especially how much Mondo charges for shipping) is just too much for something the size of a Monster High Doll, which is a little frustrating as you lot now have TMNT (though we don't have prices for either yet right?)
    Actually, that's a good point:
    As we have a Mondo guy on here: Mondo guy: will MondoCon give us any news on your Madballs line - like say, when we'll be able to buy/pre-order 'em and how much for? Thanks in advance.

I am really looking forward to seeing these figures. I am 100% interested in a 1/6 line. If the price point is right I may be all in. Think how cool a 1/6 collection could look on a shelf. I say bring 'em on!

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I'm sadly in a similar boat, $200 plus shipping (especially how much Mondo charges for shipping) is just too much for something the size of a Monster High Doll, which is a little frustrating as you lot now have TMNT (though we don't have prices for either yet right?)
    Actually, that's a good point:
    As we have a Mondo guy on here: Mondo guy: will MondoCon give us any news on your Madballs line - like say, when we'll be able to buy/pre-order 'em and how much for? Thanks in advance.
    Hi, my name is Brock, though I have many names, no one has ever called me "Mondo Guy." Until now. I like. Kinda.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for news on TMNT.

Madballs will be part of a larger brand initiative. No news I can report yet, but as soon as I of have some, I'll let ya know. If you guys like toys, you should probably check out my Instagram- @brockotter, as I drop images on that thing all the time.

Hope you guys at least check out the 1/6 scale MOTU when we preview. We're moving towards a deposit system in the next month or two, then eventually a payment plan system that you can choose (think Sideshow and their flexpay. Something like this). We're hoping that these will help make it easier on the bank account to purchase high-end items from us.
    Last edited by brockotter; August 23, 2015 at 08:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Madballs will be part of a larger brand initiative. No news I can report yet, but as soon as I of have some, I'll let ya know. If you guys like toys, you should probably check out my Instagram- @brockotter, as I drop images on that thing all the time.
    Thanks for the post. I will definitely be into the Madballs re-re-releases, and plan on getting all of them - as long as the price is reasonable (i.e., $20 or under for each). I look forward to hearing more news about these. It would be great if these are slated for a Fall 2015 release. I've regretted not getting any of the original Madballs back in the day (or the 1st re-releases back in the 200X's).

Most likely next year. We're working on the pricing to be somewhere we feel is fair, and I hope you agree. They're not going to be the foam, like the old ones were, as that stuff rots. But keeps in mind the whole "larger brand initiative." The Maddballs characters are only a small part of it.

Anymore 80s brands on the horizon, Brock?

Visionaries 1/4 scale statues & Air Raiders life-sized vehicles.

Heroic Warrior
    Most likely next year. We're working on the pricing to be somewhere we feel is fair, and I hope you agree. They're not going to be the foam, like the old ones were, as that stuff rots. But keeps in mind the whole "larger brand initiative." The Maddballs characters are only a small part of it.
    OK - Thanks for the update. Sounds great! These forthcoming Madballs do sound like they'll be better made than the originals.

Visionaries 1/4 scale statues & Air Raiders life-sized vehicles.
    Ha! I know at least a few people who'd be super happy about the former.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    Hi, my name is Brock, though I have many names, no one has ever called me "Mondo Guy." Until now. I like. Kinda.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for news on TMNT.

Hope you guys at least check out the 1/6 scale MOTU when we preview. We're moving towards a deposit system in the next month or two, then eventually a payment plan system that you can choose (think Sideshow and their flexpay. Something like this). We're hoping that these will help make it easier on the bank account to purchase high-end items from us.
    Thanks Brock, I'll look out for the Madballs news
    As for the TMNT 1/6 scale, I love those Playmates figure variants you're doing, and the sheer amount of appropriate accessories (Unmutated Splinter and Utrom Blaster, for instance, and that Shredder gauntlet) but it is a great example of what I was on about with pricing - that's £100 a month each (before postage) for four months - that's a lot per month, sure it's not an incredibly large amount, it's not like you're asking £500 or something, but that's still a lot, Illness keeps me from working so I'm on a budget - which all amounts to me probably only buying Raphael (and maybe Brown Donatello), sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Thanks Brock, I'll look out for the Madballs news
    As for the TMNT 1/6 scale, I love those Playmates figure variants you're doing, and the sheer amount of appropriate accessories (Unmutated Splinter and Utrom Blaster, for instance, and that Shredder gauntlet) but it is a great example of what I was on about with pricing - that's £100 a month each (before postage) for four months - that's a lot per month, sure it's not an incredibly large amount, it's not like you're asking £500 or something, but that's still a lot, Illness keeps me from working so I'm on a budget - which all amounts to me probably only buying Raphael (and maybe Brown Donatello), sadly.
    Hi. Not sure what you're referring to with "playmate figure variants", as we are only doing one style of turtle, each having the skin color of their Playmate counterpart. So that's not a variant, but the actual release. We're doing exclusive versions of each, but those are accessories, not skin color. Sorry if any of that was unclear.

Regarding cost- We're working on a system that will be deposit based, where you pay a small deposit up front, and then are charged the rest when it ships. In addition to that, we're also working on a payment plan, where you can spread the payments across a lot more time. If you've even purchased from Sideshow, you might be familiar with this.

Unfortunately we were not able to get either up and running in time for Leo, but are trying to have at least of those for the next turtle, which is Don.

Thanks for the answer. Really looking forward to your future output.