Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Really looking forward to your future output.
    To answer your question in a more serious manner- we will be announcing something at MondoCon in October. It's not 80s, but it is very cool, and based on a cartoon. More in a bit over a month!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Hi. Not sure what you're referring to with "playmate figure variants", as we are only doing one style of turtle, each having the skin color of their Playmate counterpart. So that's not a variant, but the actual release. We're doing exclusive versions of each, but those are accessories, not skin color. Sorry if any of that was unclear.
    Ah, apologies, I thought it looked like there was going to be two versions of the turtles' skin colour - Leo's quite similar between 'standard' and 'playmates' but it looked like a darker Raph and a greener Don was going to be available too. Its no bother to me because I like the Playmates colours

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in on anything and everything Madballs!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Count me in on anything and everything Madballs!!
    Me too! The more I hear about this re-booted Madballs line, the more I like what I hear. I may even be willing to pay a little more than $20 each if they look great...
    Last edited by man-e-faces; August 26, 2015 at 06:45pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Well Brock the Mondo Guy...you got me, I subscribed to your TMNT line - I am now a person who has bought a 1/6 scale Adult Collector's figure (four, actually) - the Playmates colours are what really got me, I was being swayed by the Utrom Blasters and unmutated forms but I've wanted a collectors-style brown Donatello since I was a teenager and by the time I'd gone through all that i was interested in Leo (great sculpt), Don (for the brown) and Raph (my favourite, I pretty much buy him in every line) so I just thought sod it, my shelf would look weird without Mikey and thus subscription, plus the $10 saving per figure was nice (the art print...meh, It's a nice bonus but I can't see me having much use for it personally, I already have enough TMNT stuff covering my rooms). The sculpts are frankly gorgeous (though unmutated Splinter looks more like he's cleaning his face than fighting, sorry, it is adorable though) and the postage, with the dollar-to-pound conversion in my favour, wasn't much more than a standard eBay shipping fee for a heavy 12" figure (I'm guessing these are pretty weighty what with the shells, big feet and metric ****ton of accessories) so while I still think £130 is a helluva lot for a 12" toy (so the $200-odd it'll cost Americans must be even worse) you got me, they're just to good to not buy.

1/6 scale MOTU toy line coming from Mondo, and prints & posters

Last edited by spiderpumpkin; September 1, 2015 at 02:00pm.

Totally Dyslexic
    Mod note:Just a quick reminder that this is the NEW MEDIA AND LICENSED PRODUCT FORUM for everything MOTU/POP/NA. There are already two other threads in the OTHER FORUM concerning other Mondo products:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...highlight=TMNT

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=Madballs

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the forum.

On a side note: I think we are very fortunate that brockotter provides us with additional information
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Well Brock the Mondo Guy...you got me, I subscribed to your TMNT line - I am now a person who has bought a 1/6 scale Adult Collector's figure (four, actually) - the Playmates colours are what really got me, I was being swayed by the Utrom Blasters and unmutated forms but I've wanted a collectors-style brown Donatello since I was a teenager and by the time I'd gone through all that i was interested in Leo (great sculpt), Don (for the brown) and Raph (my favourite, I pretty much buy him in every line) so I just thought sod it, my shelf would look weird without Mikey and thus subscription, plus the $10 saving per figure was nice (the art print...meh, It's a nice bonus but I can't see me having much use for it personally, I already have enough TMNT stuff covering my rooms). The sculpts are frankly gorgeous (though unmutated Splinter looks more like he's cleaning his face than fighting, sorry, it is adorable though) and the postage, with the dollar-to-pound conversion in my favour, wasn't much more than a standard eBay shipping fee for a heavy 12" figure (I'm guessing these are pretty weighty what with the shells, big feet and metric ****ton of accessories) so while I still think £130 is a helluva lot for a 12" toy (so the $200-odd it'll cost Americans must be even worse) you got me, they're just to good to not buy.
    Before we get into trouble with the mods, I just want to say thank you for the support, and I'm glad you like 'em!

Now back to MOTU!

So is there any chance at all that we may see a 1/6 scale Stinkor?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    So is there any chance at all that we may see a 1/6 scale Stinkor?
    There's always a chance, but I think there's a lot of characters to get to before him. Why do you ask?

Hey gang- just a reminder to keep your eye on our twitter and instagram account (as well as mine!), as we'll be teasing the figures as we're leading up to MondoCon. What we're going to show at the show are going to be early prototypes (unpainted, and with a bit of articulation missing), but you'll get a very good idea what our aesthetic is going to be. Very excited to show you, even at this stage.

Gonna be awesome!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Anyone here in LA, and going to the MOTU stuff at They Egyptian this weekend? I'll be there!

Anyone here in LA, and going to the MOTU stuff at They Egyptian this weekend? I'll be there!
    Me too! I'll be the guy with the wife pushing the crazy-adorable 2 month-old girl in the stroller! Would be great to meet you!!!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

You doing both nights, or just tomorrow? I'll be at both!

Hey gang- just a reminder to keep your eye on our twitter and instagram account (as well as mine!), as we'll be teasing the figures as we're leading up to MondoCon. What we're going to show at the show are going to be early prototypes (unpainted, and with a bit of articulation missing), but you'll get a very good idea what our aesthetic is going to be. Very excited to show you, even at this stage.
    Well, show me the goods!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Weekend after next!

I'll be there and try to take photos of the sculpts. Anyone else going to be at Mondocon?
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Found this on instagram����image.jpg
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

They look beautiful.

Totally Dyslexic
    They look good.

At least the arms look articulated to me!

I really like them and He-Mans head reminds me like he was shown in one of the mini comics
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They look very cool!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

They're looking pretty good so far!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by torbjorge View Post
    Both He-Man and Skeletor look great!!! He-Man's face has an Arnold's vibe which personally i appreciated (even if i would prefer if he had longer hair like in the mini comics). I' m glad that the new artists working on MOTU finally embracing the mini comic depiction of the franchise. It's awesome to see the two Halves of the Power Sword, and a He-Man that doesn't look as a pretty poster boy, but as an actual hard looking barbarian warrior like Alcala envisioned him! And since the Battle Axe also coming with the statues as was shown from the previous teasers (and from the designs it looks that will be amazing), i believe that i will consider to buy them, if the price is not exaggerated (personally i' m not buying any He-Man product that doesn't include the Axe with it. He-Man can't be without his primary weapon)!
    Last edited by granamyr80; October 3, 2015 at 12:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by torbjorge View Post
    Wow, they look really nice!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."